Should Sam Allardyce get the Sack? (Main Page Poll)

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Those poor little lads in the dressing room must be heart broken to have Big Sam show such little confidence in their abilities after the drive, passion and ability they have shown in the past few weeks.  :idiot2:

maybe they'll just think he's a cock who can't take responsibility for his own failings and is publicly attacking them in an effort to shift blame. hardly the most inspiring thing to do. does allardyce think that saying that is somehow going to get the chairman to release big funds so he can go out and buy another raft of mediocre workers? mort is spot on saying that if allardyce can't get the best out of what he has then giving him more money to waste isnt going to help in the long run, we did that with souness. better to limit his funds and get rid when we have someone lined up if he continues to show that he can't get the best out of what he's got.

Those poor little lads in the dressing room must be heart broken to have Big Sam show such little confidence in their abilities after the drive, passion and ability they have shown in the past few weeks.  :idiot2:

Sam is right on the money IMO.  The players play the game, and they simply aren't performing.  Sacking a manager after 20 games flatters the moody, talent deficient misfits wearing the shirt and exculpates them from the blame they also deserve.  And if Sam needs to admit failure, it is in failing to bring in the appropriate level of ability and professional attitude to the club this summer.  Not his tactics or team selection.  You play where and how you are told to the best of your ability.  And the useless fuckers in our current squad seem incapable of that.

What guff.

Firstly, it's the managers job to motivate the players to play to the best of their abilities.

Secondly, if you can't see that we are tactically absolutely shocking then you just don't understand the game, mate. We have players playing out of position all over the park, nobody seems to really have any clue what they're supposed to be doing or how they're supposed to do it. This lies at the feet of the manager 100%.

Thirdly, what johnnypd said.

I'd still keep him until the end of the season. (provided there isn't a threat of relegation). He isn't going to realistically go until Jan/Feb time anyway and then it is about as useful as sacking a manager as it is in September.

The season is likely going to be a right off, so I'd give him the next 5 months to prove he is at least competent and if nothing changes then he can go. Nobody can really complain then that he didn't get long enough.

Sam is right on the money IMO.  The players play the game, and they simply aren't performing.  Sacking a manager after 20 games flatters the moody, talent deficient misfits wearing the shirt and exculpates them from the blame they also deserve.  And if Sam needs to admit failure, it is in failing to bring in the appropriate level of ability and professional attitude to the club this summer.  Not his tactics or team selection.  You play where and how you are told to the best of your ability.  And the useless fuckers in our current squad seem incapable of that.

As Alex Ferguson would say;  That's absolute bollocks.

Doubt very much whether he'll go before May, but it depends how bad things get - as long as there isn't a threat of relegation, he'll stay; if we really start going down the pan(can things get much worse!??)then anything could happen and we could end up with a caretaker situation until the summer..

All this could have been avoided if only Ashley had been able to buy SJH out earlier because I don't think that Allardyce would have been chosen.

He's had 6 months, a pre-season, money to buy. His tactics and team selection are shocking, and we have picked up a shocking points tally against the easier teams in the league. We have yet to play any of the big four away, and we've yet to play Chelsea and Man Utd at home.

There is absolutely no reason to stick with him. He has shown he is tactically inept. He has shown he knows only one way to play football, and that is anti-football, negative, long ball tactics. He is unable to adjust to the tools at his disposal, and unable to use the type of quality he never had available at Bolton. What will sticking with him achieve?

From skimming this thread, it seems people want to stick with him for two reasons, none of which make any sense:

1. Because they don't want to see us go through the sacking manager process yet again, as stability is what we need. Whilst this is true, there are absolutely no positives from Fat Sam's reign so far, and absolutely no reasons to believe that over time things will improve. At least with Souness you could point to the horrendous injury list, with Roeder you could point to things such as that Fat Fred took TV money to make them play Sheff Utd at home less than 48 hours after a UEFA Cup game. With Fat Fred there are none of these factors at all that you can look upon and give him a break. None.

2. Because Fat Sam is a proven manager - apparently. He isn't. He did well at Bolton, nobody disagrees, but so what? Souness did well with Blackburn (got them back into the top flight and into the European places), but I didn't see the same people taking the same attitude with him. Fat Sam is a manager who has won very little in his career and is hardly good enough for a club of our size - as pointed out at the time.

There are absolutely no reasons to keep him. Those that think we should stick with, you need to start thinking.

very rational post... even your name wasn't rational :lol:

what the full story is I dont know but I have just heard the headline on TalkSport saying that Sam "Isnt happy that his future rests in the hands of his players".

I would like to know what the actual quotes were and in what context this was said but its hard to think of a way that this could be suggested that wont instantly find him having "lost the dressing room".

It appears that he is looking for scapegoats... its Roeder all over again...

Sad excuse for a man if he isnt prepared to accept and admit his own mistakes and failings. I think if he came out now and admitted what he has done wrong, he may pull back some of his detractors. Comingo ut with shit like this is just feeding the fire.

I am seriously starting to think he is trying to lose his job on purpose.

i have to say, i am still with the stick with him camp, but things are starting to get worrying, and it is difficult to argue with a lot of points that are being made against him.

his post match interview (on world) was interesting, doesnt pull any punches and i think some heads (emre's) will be rolling (although i doubt the one that should, smiths, will).

he deserves the rest of the season imo.

if he would only go 4-4-2, which is the formation best suited to the players we have here, he could be succesfull (a lot quicker).

one of 2 things need to happen, we either need to under-go mass changes on the playing side and ship in players who suit his 4-3-3, or simply go to 4-4-2.

i dont think its going to take a genius to see which will be best.

What did he say about Emre?

He's having a f****** laugh picking on individuals like. So Emre goes out, who replaces him? Barton presumably, who he binned from the sixteen this week?

nothing in particular, just stabbed at our 'creative players' and blamed them. lets be honest, emre is our only one!

i doubt he would have been having a go at duff as its his first game back, and milner was 'out of position' on the right so it cant have been his fault!

No he doesn't.

Tell me why?

because belive it or not there are still stats that back him up, and although i agree we have been dogshit lately, this is what happens when you undergo mass change.

as i said in a previous post, i still think he will get it right, but its getting harder and harder to defend him.

i have to say, i am still with the stick with him camp, but things are starting to get worrying, and it is difficult to argue with a lot of points that are being made against him.

his post match interview (on world) was interesting, doesnt pull any punches and i think some heads (emre's) will be rolling (although i doubt the one that should, smiths, will).

if he would only go 4-4-2, which is the formation best suited to the players we have here, he could be succesfull (a lot quicker).

one of 2 things need to happen, we either need to under-go mass changes on the playing side and ship in players who suit his 4-3-3, or simply go to 4-4-2.

i dont think its going to take a genius to see which will be best.

lovejoy,

Allardyce is taking the piss when he blames the players.  I don't think anybody was that bad today, none were that good either and that was down to the way we tried to play, it was horrible to have to stand and watch, it was almost as if we were just going through the motions for 93 minutes.  I couldn't work out what we were trying to do and I was just watching it from a distance, it must be a mare for the players trying to adapt to that sort of s**** all of the time.

Given and Smith have had a bit of stick but Smith was playing in a roll and in a position which the manager asked him to play, he gets no blame from me as I think he did the best he could in the wrong position.

i'll take yor word as it sounds as if you were there and i wasnt.

although i must agree i have wondered what the fuck our plan was in the last few games

what the full story is I dont know but I have just heard the headline on TalkSport saying that Sam "Isnt happy that his future rests in the hands of his players".

I would like to know what the actual quotes were and in what context this was said but its hard to think of a way that this could be suggested that wont instantly find him having "lost the dressing room".

It appears that he is looking for scapegoats... its Roeder all over again...

Sad excuse for a man if he isnt prepared to accept and admit his own mistakes and failings. I think if he came out now and admitted what he has done wrong, he may pull back some of his detractors. Comingo ut with s*** like this is just feeding the fire.

I am seriously starting to think he is trying to lose his job on purpose.

his world interview carries a lot of the quotes, but i dont think the 'my future in their hands' shite is on.

sounds like he is flagging

the best, and probably only thing, Sam could do at the moment, is give a massive interview in which he explains his teams selections (for yesterday in particular) and what he see's as each players' role in the team. (maybe he went into this in The Mag interview. Havent seen it - all I know is he tried to tell us Milner is a left winger). The Smith role certainly needs explaining along with Zog being LB, Enrique not playing regular etc etc

We need some lines of communications opened because at the minute, unless he justifies what he is doing or trying to do, the fans are just going to assume their are being proved correct in their assumption that "he doesnt know what he is doing".

Come on Sam. Let us in on the secrets.

He needs an hour long session with his own clinical psychologist after comments like that..

"It was a poor performance - we couldn't cope with Wigan being high-tempo and hard-working.

"Some of our players have not lived up to their reputation.

"The front players have not held the ball up and the creative players have not created. Today the appetite to beat the opposition was not there. I'm not happy to have my future in their hands.

Firstly how the hell can you admit they couldn't cope with the tempo of the game. If the other side is dictating the tempo it's your job as manager to change things on the pitch and sort it. And this was Wigan tempo, god forbid what happens when it's Manyoo tempo.

There is no secondly.

Thirdly, I am getting increasingly concerned with his apparent inability to hold his own hands up and admit some culpability. It's not the first time we've seen this level of confused sunday park football. All these players knew how to play before he got here or, if he signed them, before they got here. He must have had some input on the current shambles we're watching.

Just hold your hands up Sam and admit the current players are not adapting to your tactics, and as the competitive fixtures of the PL is not the place to continue experimenting just get back to basics for now and let them play.

Get the players you need in the next window, but in the meantime don't blame the players for their inability to follow your instructions when presumably you work with them week in week out in training and can see what is being taken in and what is not. Work with what you've got, don't try and make something that isn't there when there are 3 points at stake every week.

Guest Mucky01

Stick with, but he needs to sit in a chair in a dark room with a big glass of brady, and have a long hard look at himself.

YOU ARE NOT AT BOLTON NOW.  CHANGE OR DIE.

Simple really.

I agree as we have the players but Hippo Head has clearly lost the plot, players & fans. But he comes across as being too stubborn so I think he will “die”.

Stick with, but he needs to sit in a chair in a dark room with a big glass of brady, and have a long hard look at himself.

YOU ARE NOT AT BOLTON NOW.  CHANGE OR DIE.

Simple really.

I agree as we have the players but Hippo Head has clearly lost the plot, players & fans. But he comes across as being too stubborn so I think he will “die”.

He needs to start thinking about our team rather than the oppo. I mean Wigans tempo!!!! Our team & particular our midfield should be setting the pace. All this 'nullify' bollocks what is that about? We have a midfield that other teams stroll past, CBs who cant stop s*** & goalkeeper who cant stop a shot atm, so nullifying is futile.

That comment about not being able to cope with Wigan's tempo sends a shiver down my spine.

Aye. If we cant cope with Kibane & co tempo, then we have not got chance against Man Utds. Fergie may play the likes of Fletcher, Eagles, Bardsley against us.

If anyone wants to make their views known on the main page, there's a poll/comments section just been posted up asking this question.

www.newcastle-online.com

140+ votes already, only been up for an hour.