Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our outgoings will probably look something like this:

Robbo    £5 mill

Cerny     Free

Stalteri   Free

Chimbonda £5 mill

Lee £1 mill

Gardner £1.5 mill

Rocha £1 mill

Kaboul  loan

Tainio  £2 mill

Boateng £3 mill

Ghaly £2 mill

Taarabt  loan

Berbatov £27 mill

Total =  £47.5 million

Not sure which mugs going to pay £5 million for Robinson, but the rest seems plausible.  Having said that, you'll then have sold/loaned out 13 players in one go, how many do you expect to come in?

Guest optimistic nit

sell boating for only 3mill after only 1 season?

not sure if you could get 1mill for rocha either, he's a few years the wrong side of 30 isn't he?

Our outgoings will probably look something like this:

Robbo    £5 mill

Cerny     Free

Stalteri   Free

Chimbonda £5 mill

Lee £1 mill

Gardner £1.5 mill

Rocha £1 mill

Kaboul  loan

Tainio  £2 mill

Boateng £3 mill

Ghaly £2 mill

Taarabt  loan

Berbatov £27 mill

Total =  £47.5 million

Levy's put £9m on Chimbo's head and £40m on Berba's.  He won't get those figures but I can't see him dropping by much, particularly down to £27m.  Levy wants to sell Berba on the continent, Barca, Real and Milan have all declared an interest, hence there's now all the talk about p/exchanges, Eto'o, Granero, etc.  Comolli is talking to Valencia about Villa but I think that might fall by the wayside if Eto'o does agree to move, which tbh is a big if.  There is also the young Uruaguayan being sounded out but probably won't happen.  I don't think there is anything there that is mindblowingly new but that's as much as I've heard.

The only other thing I've heard is that Ramos doesn't rate Kaboul at all and wants him jogged on, not loaned out.  Disappointed about that, I think there will be a good defender there who just needs experience.  I agree with you, I think a loan deal could be perfect for him and Spurs but it sounds like that won't happen.

Guest optimistic nit

there really is the world of difference between what the chairman says and reality though.

imo if berb wants to go, he will go, and not for 40 million either. 27 million sounds plausable, i'd say in the range of 20-30 million is what it shall be.

not going to get 9mill for chimbonda either. depends how manic the transfer market is next year though. i could see sunderland stumping up that much, if its similar to last seasons, but if he's a cunt and only wants big wages and/or european football (or clubs that just missed out) then i can only see west ham willing to go above 5-6 million, and if they want a replacement for oneill (mentioned on here wasn't it) then i think he'll end up there, if there's competition for his signature, then they'll probably be willing to go up to 9, if their form of last year is anything to go by. if they've wised up, then it'll be much less.

we said what you're saying about kabul about bramble. not that kabul's career will go the same way, but it might.

Levy's put £9m on Chimbo's head and £40m on Berba's.  He won't get those figures but I can't see him dropping by much, particularly down to £27m.  Levy wants to sell Berba on the continent, Barca, Real and Milan have all declared an interest, hence there's now all the talk about p/exchanges, Eto'o, Granero, etc.  Comolli is talking to Valencia about Villa but I think that might fall by the wayside if Eto'o does agree to move, which tbh is a big if.  There is also the young Uruaguayan being sounded out but probably won't happen.  I don't think there is anything there that is mindblowingly new but that's as much as I've heard.

The only other thing I've heard is that Ramos doesn't rate Kaboul at all and wants him jogged on, not loaned out.  Disappointed about that, I think there will be a good defender there who just needs experience.  I agree with you, I think a loan deal could be perfect for him and Spurs but it sounds like that won't happen.

I'd love to see Eto'o come here and I think we'd have a good chance of getting him if he wanted to play in the Premiership and none of the top 4 wanted him.

I'd love to see Eto'o come here and I think we'd have a good chance of getting him if he wanted to play in the Premiership and none of the top 4 wanted him.

:lol:

It seems Berbatov wants out, and if he does he will demand to go. Levy is off his head if he thinks he is getting £40million, time for a reality check me thinks.

That's how these transfers always begin. Player wants out, club slap ridiculous price tag on him, player digs his feet in, buying club threaten to pull out, eventually the move goes through for about £15-18m probably on the last day of the season.

Behave yourself. :lol:

I could see Man U stumping up big money for Berbatov. Not £40m perhaps, but something around £30m. He could be he last piece in their jigsaw - a centre forward-type who is comfortable with their passing game.

I know it's a bit strange to be talking about something missing from a team that's top of the league, but with Berbatov they'd be unstoppable.

I could see Man U stumping up big money for Berbatov. Not £40m perhaps, but something around £30m. He could be he last piece in their jigsaw - a centre forward-type who is comfortable with their passing game.

I know it's a bit strange to be talking about something missing from a team that's top of the league, but with Berbatov they'd be unstoppable.

I agree with that.

Rooney & Tevez are too similar, and as such they don't have a plan B when top-line defenses handle them in Europe - although this doesn't happen often. They need somebody - ie. Berbatov - who can slow down the tempo in the final 1/3 by holding the play up, a player who will bring his attacking midfielders into the game alot more. As opposed to having a pair of forwards who both look to drop deep & run at the heart of the defenses at just about every opportunity, and imo they isolate the outfield's attacking midfielders in the process more often than not. IMO, in Europe against the more disciplined defensive units who hold a deeper/cautious line, the likes of Ronaldo have to find their into the game by themselves due to Rooney & Tevez' running instincts/lack of hold-up play.

Berbatov, in European play at the very least, represents the missing piece of their almost complete attacking puzzle.

If we were able to compete for the Berbatov's he would be an excellent substitution for the aging aussie, all the attributes to play the foil for owen and martins...

Sweet dreams!!

i agree!  but he sometimes can't be arsed either...right?  don't people say that?

Why is this story still on the front page? Looks a bit daft, especially with the digs at Spurs.

Parky.

No more needs to be said. :laugh:

On the other hand would have been remiss not to have something up as we were talking to the player. Can't win.  :-[

Guest icemanblue

Why is this story still on the front page? Looks a bit daft, especially with the digs at Spurs.

Parky.

No more needs to be said. :laugh:

On the other hand would have been remiss not to have something up as we were talking to the player. Can't win.  :-[

Just update it then?