Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wasn't their a quote the day before he joined Spurs by Bilic saying he felt we were the most likely to challenge the big four long-term ahead of Spurs?

i remember him saying that before he signed. Someone is full of shit. I hope Butt kicks fuck out the little cunt

Theres also a quote from Modric saying that the Mamic brothers had chosen Spurs and that he was surprised at first but happy.....what to believe.....??

I suspect that the Mamic brothers told him he was going to Spurs, he was surprised and now Modric is beginning his good PR with the Spurs fans.

Theres also a quote from Modric saying that the Mamic brothers had chosen Spurs and that he was surprised at first but happy.....what to believe.....??

This is what happened. The player had very little to do with the transfer and I still believe there are strings attached to this deal.

Wasn't their a quote the day before he joined Spurs by Bilic saying he felt we were the most likely to challenge the big four long-term ahead of Spurs?

i remember him saying that before he signed. Someone is full of s***. I hope Butt kicks f*** out the little c***

:knuppel2:

"Newcastle are a big club and I believe a move there would suit Luka," Bilic said in the Daily Star. "They are the next club underneath the 'big four', on a level with Tottenham but they are stronger financially than them.

"And I think they can do bigger things because of this."

But obviously in secret Bilic was telling Modric the opposite......  :rolleyes:

What reason would Bilic have to praise us in public and say the opposite in private.. none what so ever.  This is the typical "I came here because this is a massive club" bollocks you get from every player once they know for sure which club there joining.

The thing is, that all this comes across as nufc fans not being able stomach that he chose Spurs over us- thats how it looks from the outset but when you actually delve deeper theres more to this than meets the eye.

Its such a frustating situation because no one will ever find out the legitimate circumstances of this transfer and meanwhile we are left licking our wounds being force fed the idea that he chose a "superior" when in actual fact theres substantial evidence suggesting otherwise.

:angry:

The thing is, that all this comes across as nufc fans not being able stomach that he chose Spurs over us- thats how it looks from the outset but when you actually delve deeper theres more to this than meets the eye.

Its such a frustating situation because no one will ever find out the legitimate circumstances of this transfer and meanwhile we are left licking our wounds being force fed the idea that he chose a "superior" when in actual fact theres substantial evidence suggesting otherwise.

we know this so dont fret, we also know that it will all come out in time ....like the tevez and mascherano to west ham thing...it will come out when modric moves on (like tevez etc)

we know this so dont fret, we also know that it will all come out in time ....like the tevez and mascherano to west ham thing...it will come out when modric moves on (like tevez etc)

I hope so - this is one transfer that really could of lit the touch paper and set the tone for the club and its fans. I'd hate it to be an 'if only' moment, but like you say, dont fret.

The thing is is that i think i'd find it easier to stomach the idea that he chose Spurs over us becasue he thought they were a better team, if that was the case but all this misinformation and murky water surrounding the transfer makes it harder to swallow the bitternes that im feeling at the moment. 

I hope so - this is one transfer that really could of lit the touch paper and set the tone for the club and its fans. I'd hate it to be an 'if only' moment, but like you say, dont fret.

The thing is is that i think i'd find it easier to stomach the idea that he chose Spurs over us becasue he thought they were a better team, if that was the case but all this misinformation and murky water surrounding the transfer makes it harder to swallow the bitternes that im feeling at the moment. 

could have...more so for the size  of the fee than what we know of the player though

could have...more so for the size  of the fee than what we know of the player though

Absolutely - not even taking the ability into account this transfer really would of been a headturner for nufc, got us on the map and made us more appealing to other players, imagine the club having that in there armoury for the coming 'transfer battle'.

Will be interesting to see what other targets the club are working on at the mo - there has to be another player who's gonna turn heads for nufc.

Think there is a bit of double standards starting up in this thread now.  While it's nearly certain that there is more to his going to Spurs than just Modric choosing them over us (dodgy goings on with the Mamic brothers etc), I get the impression that people think it would've been different if he'd come to us.  Just smacks a bit of unreasonable black-and-white specs on to me: if Modric had come here it just would've meant that WE were the ones who did the dodgy deal rather than Modric wanting to come here because he thought Newcastle was the best option/biggest club etc.

Think there is a bit of double standards starting up in this thread now.  While it's nearly certain that there is more to his going to Spurs than just Modric choosing them over us (dodgy goings on with the Mamic brothers etc), I get the impression that people think it would've been different if he'd come to us.  Just smacks a bit of unreasonable black-and-white specs on to me: if Modric had come here it just would've meant that WE were the ones who did the dodgy deal rather than Modric wanting to come here because he thought Newcastle was the best option/biggest club etc.

Not really no, more likely it would be Modric coming here because we made the better offer (we offered a higher fee and better wages).  Obviously we weren't prepared to take part in the dodgy deal and had Spurs not been prepared to do it either I'm sure his agent would have accepted the best financial package.

Having said that, who cares?..  At the time I was excited by the possibility of the transfer, now I'm not that bothered, lets move on to other players.  I'm just glad we weren't desperate enough to bend over and take it up the arse from the Mamic brothers.. unlike a certain other club.

Guest MaetihS

Modric just said Spurs was his first choice all along when he knew Spurs was interested and never meant to lead us on. Obviously, waiting for Spurs to make the move while discussing with us. He added Spurs was the bigger club.

Modric just said Spurs was his first choice all along when he knew Spurs was interested and never meant to lead us on. Obviously, waiting for Spurs to make the move while discussing with us. He added Spurs was the bigger club.

Alright, Jol. The gig's up: we all know it's you.

Deja vu - Wayne Rooney story shows its horrible face again.  :dave:

Deja vu - Wayne Rooney story shows its horrible face again.  :dave:

Or just PR to appease Spurs fans. Either way.

The quotes your referring to have already been posted in this thread, not only are they typical PR that contradicts earlier quotes but AFAICS you're also adding in extra bits he didn't even say to make it sound worse... :rolleyes:  The actions of a Newcastle fan I suppose?  mackems.gif

Honestly why don't you stop wasting everyone's time and concentrate on whichever team you really support?