Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

spurs are really moving away from us now imo - modric is class, dos santos certainly has potential even if he will struggle in england

but on top of the players they already have i think they are starting to look quite good... unfortunately

when they've played in the CL i'll start listening, til then they can fuck right off

Guest teepee

spurs are really moving away from us now imo - modric is class, dos santos certainly has potential even if he will struggle in england

but on top of the players they already have i think they are starting to look quite good... unfortunately

when they've played in the CL i'll start listening, til then they can f*** right off

at least they are a lot closer to achieving that target than us right now.... sadly

Guest ALNO1

when they've played in the CL i'll start listening, til then they can f*** right off

It was so long ago since we did I've almost forgotten. I would swap those games for a trophy, even a Carling Cup  :blush:

It was so long ago since we did I've almost forgotten. I would swap those games for a trophy, even a Carling Cup  :blush:

You'd give seeing us play in the Nou Camp & San Siro in the Champions League up, for a scrappy win in a final against Cardiff or Bolton?

at least they are a lot closer to achieving that target than us right now.... sadly

You'd think so wouldn't you? But then we thought that last season and yet we hammered them, and they struggled to finish any higher than us in the league.

Yeah, a whole 3 points closer judging by last season. Panic! Panic!

Yeah, a whole 3 points closer judging by last season. Panic! Panic!

:-)

Guest ALNO1

You'd give seeing us play in the Nou Camp & San Siro in the Champions League up, for a scrappy win in a final against Cardiff or Bolton?

I'd like to see us win something in my life time, the games in the CL were great at the time but now they are just games and really mean nothing, whereas actually seeing Shearer lifting a trophy (of any kind) would've have meant more.

Guest loonietoonie

Modric on the online Euro Blog

16:55 - lmloberman 

Luka - who are you most looking forward to playing with at Spurs next season?

16:56 - Luka Modrić 

Spurs have lots of great players and I know it will nice to be part of that team. But if I have to choose names it would be Berbatov, Robbie Keane, Dos Santos, Jenas and Lennon. But I say again, Spurs have a great squad.

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Guest Heneage

It'll be interesting to see him after hes had a few kicks mind  you on last night looked tremendous.

Guest Brazilianbob

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  When Spurs come to SJP, Modric will see the stadium and the support and he will know deep down that he made the wrong choice in going to Spurs with their crappy old stadium and average support.  Having said that I agree he looks class in the Euros, but he won't get the same sort of time or space in the EPL.  I would much rather have Raphael VDV who really looked the business against Italy.  Add Turan to the squad as well and we could really be going places.  Having said that its all just pie in the sky.  None of this will ever happen under Ashley.  He had to stump up an extra £100m to clear the debts and he clearly has no intention of allowing that to happen again which means only buying players out of money generated by the club from ticket sales etc and selling before buying.  He is taking this club backwards with his pennypinching  ( i.e. making the players pay for their own club suits! whats that all about?) and we will have the healthiest bank balance in the Championship if he doesn't get his finger out.  Rant over!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  When Spurs come to SJP, Modric will see the stadium and the support and he will know deep down that he made the wrong choice in going to Spurs with their crappy old stadium and average support.  Having said that I agree he looks class in the Euros, but he won't get the same sort of time or space in the EPL.  I would much rather have Raphael VDV who really looked the business against Italy.  Add Turan to the squad as well and we could really be going places.  Having said that its all just pie in the sky.  None of this will ever happen under Ashley.  He had to stump up an extra £100m to clear the debts and he clearly has no intention of allowing that to happen again which means only buying players out of money generated by the club from ticket sales etc and selling before buying.  He is taking this club backwards with his pennypinching  ( i.e. making the players pay for their own club suits! whats that all about?) and we will have the healthiest bank balance in the Championship if he doesn't get his finger out.  Rant over!

Next they'll be wiping their own backsides, the poor bairns. It's a bit early to say Ashley is taking us backwards, he's just trying to turn us into an efficiently run club, which is the smart thing to do.

Tought he was immense last night. Seems like a class player.

He hasn't looked 'immense' to me so far. Nice and tidy passes, mostly sideways, and strolling around the centre of the pitch at a leisurley pace from what I've seen.

He hasn't looked 'immense' to me so far. Nice and tidy passes, mostly sideways, and strolling around the centre of the pitch at a leisurley pace from what I've seen.

Kranjcar has looked the better player if you ask me.

Kranjcar has looked the better player if you ask me.

Yeah. He seems to drive the attack more, whereas Modric spins around in pretty circles, too deep to make much impact. Looks very graceful though.

absolutely correct.

I've said myself that showing players the stadium, the support is a big pulling factor but for some strange reason some people disagreed ..........  bluerazz.gif

I think he could have been a bit more direct, so aye I agree. Wouldn't write him off though until we see how good he is at running at people. Arshavin did this in the UEFA Cup Final, it makes a big difference.