South Korean striker to Toon - DEAL OFF

oldtype

Guest VegasToon

I heard a rumour that he rejected us because he thought Mort had no ambition when he met him.

Mort probably wasn't excited because he is sh!t and didn't want to sign him any way.

I heard a rumour that he rejected us because he thought Mort had no ambition when he met him.

Mort probably wasn't excited because he is sh!t and didn't want to sign him any way.

http://www.elysiaresort.com/images/15_womens_fishing.jpg

Guest Stephen927

Just a guess - we wanted him to do a trial first and the player and agent weren't having that.

It's happened before - I can't remember with who.

Aldo Duscher I think it was.

Yeah it was him.

Bit ridiculous if it is that, surely if the player is good enough they won't have a problem with going through a trial. It's like Ghaly refusing to train with Birmingham before he signed anything  :idiot2:

Just a guess - we wanted him to do a trial first and the player and agent weren't having that.

It's happened before - I can't remember with who.

Aldo Duscher I think it was.

Yeah it was him.

Bit ridiculous if it is that, surely if the player is good enough they won't have a problem with going through a trial. It's like Ghaly refusing to train with Birmingham before he signed anything  :idiot2:

To be fair Brimingham make their players run in training..

Guest RodrigoPalacio

You've clearly only seen Shola on a YouTube compilation of our CL games.

And nearly every home game he has played......

I actually think we should play Shola head of Martins and Viduka over the next few games.

Guest Ridzuan

You've clearly only seen Shola on a YouTube compilation of our CL games.

And nearly every home game he has played......

I actually think we should play Shola head of Martins and Viduka over the next few games.

I actually think we should get Carroll back and play him ahead of Martins and Viduka over the next few games.

I rate him much higher than Lee at Boro and Ameobi.  A disable pidgeon could play better than Ameobi. Cho could be a useful player on the bench and should provide the club exposure in Asia. 

On the other hand, Sam's past record with asian players isn't great (it isn't vast either) i.e. Nishizawa at Bolton. I don't know if he started a game there. He was decent in CM a few years back mind you.

Thats why you nothing about football.  You never seen shola play in champs league..... he was a beast.  But hey its cool to call him s***

Andy Cole was a beast when he played in the champs league too.  :idiot2:

I'm sorry if I don't know anything about football but I've seen both Shola and Cho play and I think Cho is better for the club overall. 

Guest sicko2ndbest

Magpies win race for Korean hotshot

Newcastle have reportedly beaten four rival Premier League clubs to the signature of South Korea striker Cho Jae-jin on a free transfer.

Cho is currently a free agent after recently ending his contract with Japanese side Shimizu S-Pulse following the end of the J.League season.

Kim Min-jae, Cho's agent, has suggested five Premier league clubs are interested in the former Suwon Bluewings frontman, but Newcastle appear to have won the race to sign the 26-year-old, who has scored eight goals in 29 international appearances.

"The length of the contract and conditions have all been agreed," Newcastle chief media representative Gary Oliver told Korean sports daily Sports Khan on Friday.

"I have talked to Cho's agent. After finalising the details with Sam Allardyce, the club will make an announcement soon."

Assistant press officer Mark Hannen added: " I think that the club are satisfied with Cho's ability. After a day or two and when all procedures are complete, the club will announce Cho's transfer on the official homepage."

Cho featured in all six of Korea's games at July's AFC Asian Cup as Pim Verbeek's side finished third.

Korean quartet Park Ji-sung (Manchester United), Seol Ki-Hyun (Fulham), Lee Young-Pyo (Tottenham) and Lee Dong-gook (Middlesbrough) are all currently plying their trade in English football.

Who the hell is Gary Oliver?!

He is the club's Head of Communications - no relation to Alan.

Never heard of him or the title, he doesn't usually come out and say things does he?

He arranges all the press stuff and tells Craig Hope what to put on .cock

Never heard of him or the title, he doesn't usually come out and say things does he?

Oh right.

" I think that the club are satisfied with Cho's ability. After a day or two and when all procedures are complete, the club will announce Cho's transfer on the official homepage."

That quote just sounds made up. When has our media team ever made statements like that on television?!

Magpies win race for Korean hotshot

Newcastle have reportedly beaten four rival Premier League clubs to the signature of South Korea striker Cho Jae-jin on a free transfer.

Cho is currently a free agent after recently ending his contract with Japanese side Shimizu S-Pulse following the end of the J.League season.

Kim Min-jae, Cho's agent, has suggested five Premier league clubs are interested in the former Suwon Bluewings frontman, but Newcastle appear to have won the race to sign the 26-year-old, who has scored eight goals in 29 international appearances.

"The length of the contract and conditions have all been agreed," Newcastle chief media representative Gary Oliver told Korean sports daily Sports Khan on Friday.

"I have talked to Cho's agent. After finalising the details with Sam Allardyce, the club will make an announcement soon."

Assistant press officer Mark Hannen added: " I think that the club are satisfied with Cho's ability. After a day or two and when all procedures are complete, the club will announce Cho's transfer on the official homepage."

Cho featured in all six of Korea's games at July's AFC Asian Cup as Pim Verbeek's side finished third.

Korean quartet Park Ji-sung (Manchester United), Seol Ki-Hyun (Fulham), Lee Young-Pyo (Tottenham) and Lee Dong-gook (Middlesbrough) are all currently plying their trade in English football.

Where's this actually from?

So he's the organ grinder then.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Cho refuses to give up Newcastle dreamDec 30 2007

by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

KOREAN hotshot Cho Jae-jin is refusing to give up on a dream move to Newcastle.

The 26-year-old (right) has been in talks with the Magpies as Sam Allardyce looks to boost his attacking options ahead of Obafemi Martins’ departure to the African Nations Cup.

Cho is a free agent after terminating his contract at Japanese club Shimizu S-Pulse.

But his chances of sealing a switch to St James’s Park looked dashed when United officials broke off discussions.

However, Cho’s agent, Kim Min-jae, last night told the Sunday Sun that he remained hopeful of striking a deal with Newcastle.

Four other Premier League sides are said to be interested in Cho, but his agent said: “At the moment, we are still totally focused on Newcastle.

“We haven’t been given any information from Newcastle officials that the deal is definitely off. We will maybe re-negotiate about terms and conditions.

“We may come back to Newcastle this week.”

Meanwhile, Spanish sources are linking United with out-of-favour Valencia midfielder David Albelda.

David Albelda Aliqués (born September 1, 1977, Alzira, Spain) is a Spanish football player. Albelda was the captain of Valencia CF. He has also played for Spain and won a silver medal at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney. He also played in 1997 FIFA World Youth Championship. Albelda has also been part of the Spanish squad in the 2002 FIFA World Cup and 2006 FIFA World Cup.

Albelda is a defensive midfielder who started his career as a centre-back. He is best known for his leadership skills. He was the captain of Valencia since the departure of Gaizka Mendieta. With a solid and robust frame, Albelda makes his presence felt in the middle of the pitch. With Valencia and Spain, Albelda plays a holding role, trying to contain the attacking midfielders of the opposition. He also moves forward regularly, especially during set pieces and is a key figure in Valencia's counter attack, with much depending on him because of his ability to lead from the front and influence teammates.

Reports on 20th December 2007 emerged that Albelda, along with Santiago Canizares had been axed from the Valencia squad with the former still undecided on his future move. Whether Valencia will let him go on a free or a cheap transfer is yet unknown. He has been linked with a ₤4 million transfer to Everton and also has been linked with a move to Liverpool in the transfer window.

sounds canny but all depends on big sams plans with faye and who plays that def midfield holding role ,then again are we really  after him ?