Alex Ferguson thinks we are all nuts

KaKa

He says it is becoming a job no one will ever want, especially if we sack Sam. He thinks if anyone can turn us around it will be Allardyce. Allardyce also has a bit to say too and it does seem sensible, but my goodness it is hard to take what we have been served up recently.

Interesting stuff ...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article3105861.ece

Guest Stephen927

I agree with Ferguson, he talks a lot of sense.

We need to learn to have more patience and to give managers' time. Things don't just click and fix themselves over night.

Our problem isn't dropping the axe too much, it's making the wrong appointment in the first place. Once we hired the likes of Souness and Roeder, it was inevitable that they'd be sacked within the next year or so.

We shouldn't stick with a guy to prove a point, we should hire someone who will turn it around in the first place rather than make mistake after mistake.

Honestly, I don't think any of this would be happening if Sam would simply give a reasonable explanation for the negative away tactics and sometimes baffling team selection. Why purchase Enrique if N'zogbia is going to be first choice despite not being a defender? The in game performances and general silence from the manager is what leads to such acrimony

He says it is becoming a job no one will ever want, especially if we sack Sam. He thinks if anyone can turn us around it will be Allardyce. Allardyce also has a bit to say too and it does seem sensible, but my goodness it is hard to take what we have been served up recently.

Interesting stuff ...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article3105861.ece

They are mates aren't they.

I'm sure he's got our best interests at heart...Like fuck he has.

Agree and Disagree, yes tranforming a team and bringing it back to its former glory (if one ever existed) takes time but to play with tactis so shit that even the simplest of observer can notice that something IS wrong with them isn't really a step in that direction.

Again, Allardyce is shit but remember how Bobby Robson finished in his first two seasons, but at the moment the very least i expect from him (Allardyce) is to play with tactics our simple brains can understand so at least if something goes wrong i can understand why!

We need to learn to have more patience and to give managers' time. Things don't just click and fix themselves over night.

true,however they can go backwards over 6 months

Our problem isn't dropping the axe too much, it's making the wrong appointment in the first place. Once we hired the likes of Souness and Roeder, it was inevitable that they'd be sacked within the next year or so.

We shouldn't stick with a guy to prove a point, we should hire someone who will turn it around in the first place rather than make mistake after mistake.

Great post

The same Sir Alex who backed Steve McClaren as a manager who has fantastic potential?

Itd be crazy to sack Big Sam right now. Unless a top coach, or somoene we really wanted, was lined up. Big Sam might still turn out to be a good manager for us, especially if he gets players that will suit his ugly system and mentality of playing, but if we can land the man who's real future is with us, someone who would suit us and can be seen as a man capable of bringing us trophies, then its better to be ruthless rather than waiting around with a man who doesnt truly have the board/fan's faith.

Would you be willing to categorically state that our team has been only sliding backwards since june? 

Regardless of how you rate Big Sam, the point that Ferguson is making about the expectations of the majority of fans is right. A lot of people were talking like we should go to Wigan and win comfortably. Sorry, but Wigan aren't that bad and we're not that good. Only a top four club can look at Wigan away like that. Some people still have their heads in the Keegan era.

Would you be willing to categorically state that our team has been only sliding backwards since june? 

no not at all....can you categorically say there has been any improvement in 6 months ?

Interesting stuff ...

They are mates aren't they.

I'm sure he's got our best interests at heart...Like f*** he has.

Yeah there mates & have been seen sitting next to each other at LMA do's & at a Labour party pow-wow. To be fair to Sir Alex he has talked about the number of managers we have had in his time at Man Utd before.  He sometimes mentions us when he does his after dinner speaking says something about Newcastle being the only place the local paper can  sell a extra 20'000 copies on the back of headline left back injured & it turns out it is a reserve player.

Deep down Sir Alex has soft spot for us

no not at all....can you categorically say there has been any improvement in 6 months ?

Right-back looks sorted.  :shifty:

But really I think it's just a matter of when you measure improvement.  After arsenal I don't think the outlook would have been as bleak  as it is now.

Regardless of how you rate Big Sam, the point that Ferguson is making about the expectations of the majority of fans is right. A lot of people were talking like we should go to Wigan and win comfortably. Sorry, but Wigan aren't that bad and we're not that good. Only a top four club can look at Wigan away like that. Some people still have their heads in the Keegan era.

Howay man. Did you see the Wigan game or what? Or the Derby game? Fulham? Derby away? sunderland?

These are teams that get humiliated on a regular basis and we huffed and puffed in an attempt to get a point against all of them.

Once is fine, twice is tolerable, but every bloody week?

Howay man. Did you see the Wigan game or what? Or the Derby game? Fulham? Derby away? sunderland?

These are teams that get humiliated on a regular basis and we huffed and puffed in an attempt to get a point against all of them.

Once is fine, twice is tolerable, but every bloody week?

Wullie, lower your expectations, you're expecting too much.

But at the start of the season, expectations were not that high at all

With the players we have, with the poor quality that he turfed out  ( getting rid of the likes of Bramble, Onyewu etc was something Sam got a lot of praise for ), surely its not an unrealistic expectation to at least complete on a level with Derby at home and Wigan away. In the end we just about managed to scrape a point from the 2 games and didnt threaten once at Wigan.

Wigan are that bad and Derby are worse so if we are  struggling against them then we obviously are bad as well.

We have to surely be allowed to criticise the fact that he has strengthened the squad and seemingly taken us backwards.

From what I can gain form everyone on this board, the only real expectation that newcastle fans have is that we go out every week to try and win the game.

Guest robertbobo

Honestly, I don't think any of this would be happening if Sam would simply give a reasonable explanation for the negative away tactics and sometimes baffling team selection. Why purchase Enrique if N'zogbia is going to be first choice despite not being a defender? The in game performances and general silence from the manager is what leads to such acrimony

This is quite honestly the most sensible post I have ever seen on any NUFC board. If Mr Allardyce could explain his reasoning behind such negative away tactics and team selections - and it made any sense - then yes - we would give him time. At the moment we make it easy for every single team we play - they know exactly how we are going to play. The way it looks at the moment ain't nice - we are without doubt the worst footballing side in the Premiership. And it really does hurt me to say that. We go out not to lose and the problem is we do lose - and against very very poor teams.