Ameobi

steve_69

I realise that i got a bit side-tracked there but a bit of name dropping never hurt. I don't know too much about him as a person but my cousin reckons he used to be a top lad but gone a bits nuts recently.

Anyway, i don't think Shola is the answer to our problems but we've tried everything else and achieved fuck all. Our strikers our one of our main problems at the moment. If they'd put away a third of the chances they've missed we'd be in the top half of the table by now. All i'm saying is that maybe a change of personnel up front may give us a new dimension and spark us into life.

What harm can it do?

it appears sa has more faith in carroll than shola, I feel if he had a bit more go about him he would have moved on as he is never going to be anything but a bench warmer here.

let's give him a look then shall we?  didn't owen work well on occasion w/ ameobi, or do i misremember? anyway, i thought viduka looked very sluggish if not downright lazy vs man city.  ameobi would've been crucified for that...

well I dont see why he doesnt give carroll a good look over but obviously as many have said he hasnt exactly set the world alight when he went to preston.

true, but, doesn't he hold the ball up rather well AND have a workrate?  sort of an above average combo of viduka & smith. -- could work.

You never know what you're going to get from Shola tbh.

Plays really well against the big teams and shite against teams like Derby etc.

I don't think it would be worth the risk and would only give fans more reason to shout for Big Sams head.

I'd loan him out to a Fulham or someone like that and see how he does in the Premier League,then decide on his future.

I suppose you're happy with the way things are going currently M4TT?

The only reason i suggested it was because our others strikers have been so inaffective. Why not try someone different, even if that person is Shola?

Aye, because different, even it's proved over and over to be a total load of garbage, is always better.

Can't believe this argument still pops up after his last "run" in the team.

Not a massive Ameobi fan, but M4TT, Shola's last run in the team came about 16 months ago.

Surely the word is "amble", or "meander"?

Anyway, anyone advocating dropping Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins or Mark Viduka for a man who:

- Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo

- Is 6'3" but can't win a header

- Is a big lad but has all the strength of a glass of water

- His first touch is so bad that his second touch is a tackle

seriously needs their head read.

Geordie? No doubt

Nice lad? Quite possibly

Good Premier League centre forward? Not until the day I run through hell juggling snowballs.

Not a massive Ameobi fan, but M4TT, Shola's last run in the team came about 16 months ago.

Surely the word is "amble", or "meander"?

Anyway, anyone advocating dropping Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins or Mark Viduka for a man who:

seriously needs their head read.

Geordie? No doubt

Nice lad? Quite possibly

Good Premier League centre forward? Not until the day I run through hell juggling snowballs.

Summed up very well

Guest michaelfoster

He's been very religious for ages, all his life.

As i said in the players in public thread, my auntie lives a few doors down from Shola's parents, his family are very religious, especially his dad (think he's called John)

I agree with all the above, however i think he would be a good championship player or possibly a decent player at a lower PL club where he can get more games (Derby, Wigan, Sunderland, Boro etc)

Didn't Sam say something about not wanting his future in the hands of these players? Shit, he was talking about Owen, Martins, Viduka and Smith. No way in Hell Ameobi gets a run now.

Shocked if he was named on the bench Sunday, to be honest.

I think Sam was probably shocked at how shit Shola was in the air. He must have been creaming himself at the thought of having a 7ft beast to aim the 50 yd punts at before the sight of the ball bouncing off Ameobi's head sideways brought reality thundering home.

With the ball at his feet he can be a handful though, not a bad option on the bench.

Shola a good Championship player, are you for real? The way that league lumps it & people whack into each other means Shola would be fooking useless. I can see how this conclusion was reached not good enough for the Prem = Championship. Looking at how well Shola has done in Europe & how well Freddy K is doing at Seville, I think Spain or a slow paced league may be a better place for Shola to play.

I wish it worked out for him, it didn't so its time to get rid.

We'd be crazy not to take Boro's money off them, especially if its anything over £2m.

I doubt he'd come good and come back to haunt us, but he'd do a lot better elsewhere along with all those types of players who simply cannot cope with the pressure of NUFC.

I wish it worked out for him, it didn't so its time to get rid.

We'd be crazy not to take Boro's money off them, especially if its anything over £2m.

I doubt he'd come good and come back to haunt us, but he'd do a lot better elsewhere along with all those types of players who simply cannot cope with the pressure of NUFC.

Boro really do set their standards high now like, i've read about some average Championship players being linked with them and now Shola  :lol:

Guest alankhaw

Ameobi is actually engaged to a good friend of my cousin but she hasn't seen either of them for ages. He's apparently turned into a real wierdo since he found religion, and has stopped his fiance seeing her old friends because they live in sin.

If he thinks that of a few girls who like go out on the lash, imagine what he thinks about his team mates.

Must be a scientologist