Kazenga LuaLua joins Brighton permanently

Syrette

It's not the fact he is saying youth will be given a chance, it's that he is saying they are wasted in the reserves and will be loaned out.

Aye, we've never done this correctly and harmed a lot of careers because of it.

I'd give him a go simply because I have little confidence in Routledge.

I'm not sure whether Lua Lua has overtaken Routledge yet, but he will and we may as well move that process along.

Lua Lua will improve but Routledge won't.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Help me LuaLua, you are my only hope.

Don't want to burst the bubble like, but he's pretty much as erratic as his Cousin/Brother/Uncle is. Pretty selfish on the ball at times too, he still wants to beat his man twenty times into submission and have a shot. His crossing is improving, but don't let the highlight shows of the matches fool you into thinking his crossing is amazing. I wouldn't say they were aimed, more along the lines of hump it in and hope (which seems to be the modern definition of 'Crossing').

Without a doubt he was improving with every game before his injury though, but I'd say his acceleration and agility flattered him against League 1 opposition.

Help me LuaLua, you are my only hope.

Don't want to burst the bubble like, but he's pretty much as erratic as his Cousin/Brother/Uncle is. Pretty selfish on the ball at times too, he still wants to beat his man twenty times into submission and have a shot. His crossing is improving, but don't let the highlight shows of the matches fool you into thinking his crossing is amazing. I wouldn't say they were aimed, more along the lines of hump it in and hope (which seems to be the modern definition of 'Crossing').

Without a doubt he was improving with every game before his injury though, but I'd say his acceleration and agility flattered him against League 1 opposition.

Hump it in and see is a good starting point, then it's up to others go get in the box and get on the end of the cross.

Perhaps. But it leads to a lot of over hit crosses and crosses the keeper can claim.

That happens with most wingers except for ours who don't hit balls into the area anywhere near as often as they should.

Pretty selfish on the ball at times too, he still wants to beat his man twenty times into submission and have a shot. His crossing is improving, but don't let the highlight shows of the matches fool you into thinking his crossing is amazing. I wouldn't say they were aimed, more along the lines of hump it in and hope (which seems to be the modern definition of 'Crossing').

Sounds like Jonas.

• 4 months later...

On the back of Brighton's promotion this season, just wondered what posters thought of our second Lua Lua after he impressed for Brighton earlier this season.

I haven't seen him play for B&H as much as I'd have liked to, but with people lauding the effect stints on loan had on Carroll and encouraging Nile to go on loan next season, do people think he has a future at the club?

For those who don't know, he's 20 now - got four goals in eleven at Brighton.

Needs a season in the fizzy pop league along with Ranger, Tozer, Kadar and Vukic.  Has far more potential than Ranger IMO.

I think we will lose Lovenkrands this summer, so unfortunately I dont think we can afford to loan Ranger out. If we sign a couple of forwards though then yes by all means.

Needs a season in the fizzy pop league along with Ranger, Tozer, Kadar and Vukic.  Has far more potential than Ranger IMO.

Thought you were a fan of Ranger?

Love him mate.  He is the living embodyment of proffessionalism and ability.

tru dat :thup:

:lol: Amused my recommendation was heeded. Was just being a petty out of boredom.

I'd send him back there again next season to see if he can do it in the Championship.

:thup:

Wanker (nah, just didn't see the thread previously ;) :thup: )

Guest Loven11

From The Brighton Argus, Thursday:

Kazenga LuaLua is ready to tell Albion he wants to join their adventure in the Championship – if he is not used by Newcastle.

LuaLua returns to Withdean on Saturday with his agent and plans to meet title-winning manager Gus Poyet.

The flying winger, who will watch his former team-mates take on Southampton, is back on the road to full recovery from a broken ankle suffered during a successful second loan spell with the Seagulls.

Poyet has kept in regular contact with him during the winter.

LuaLua appreciates that and would love to repay it by playing for the promoted Seagulls if he does not make Newcastle’s squad next term.

He said: “I’m looking forward to coming down. I always follow Brighton. I keep in touch with the lads I texted Gus about getting promotion, saying congratulations.

“Gus keeps in touch as well, he asks me how I’m doing. It’s nice of him. He doesn’t have to do it but that’s the kind of man he is.

"It’s hard to say what happens next season. Let’s wait and see. Anything can happen. But Brighton is the only club I fancy playing for if I can’t play for Newcastle.”

LuaLua’s recovery was put on temporary hold two months ago due to Achilles trouble, ending any hopes of him returning south this season. He has one season left on his existing deal St James’ Park.

The 20-year-old added: “I’m running. I’m kicking a ball. But it will take a while to get my ankle strong. It was a nightmare winter. It’s tough to be out, especially when you have been playing well.

“I’ll go back and do pre-season with Newcastle and there will come a time when there has to be a decision.

“It will between Gus, Newcastle and my agent but the option with Brighton is one I would like for sure.”

Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere.

Well, you have to figure Gus Poyet might be a good mentor for a promising young attacking midfielder.

Depends on how well he's recovered from injury, but it would seem mad not to give him a shot if he's in the final year of his contract with us.

I haven't seen much of the lad, but I thought he looked excellent in the Accrington game. Every time he got the ball you felt like something was going to happen.