Kazenga LuaLua joins Brighton permanently

Syrette

May only be Australia and the DR Congo but I do feel a slight bit of pride that the likes of the aforementioned have come up through our youth ranks to achieve full international honours. I'm proud every time I hear of an NUFC player playing for their country, from Michael Owen to James Troisi. Even if it's not always beneficial to our cause in the short term.

I agree that it's great from a sentimental standpoint, but let's not forget that one Matty Pattison was a full South Africa international, and South Africa is a far more competetive international squad than Congo is.

I personally don't understand what all the Lua Lua raving is about. He's got potential yes, but he's done absolutely nothing of note for the few hours he's been on the pitch for the first team. In the mean time, Milner has single handedly saved us from relegation and he's still a shit player with no future just because he's not running the 100m in 10 seconds.  ???

When was that?

May only be Australia and the DR Congo but I do feel a slight bit of pride that the likes of the aforementioned have come up through our youth ranks to achieve full international honours. I'm proud every time I hear of an NUFC player playing for their country, from Michael Owen to James Troisi. Even if it's not always beneficial to our cause in the short term.

I agree that it's great from a sentimental standpoint, but let's not forget that one Matty Pattison was a full South Africa international, and South Africa is a far more competetive international squad than Congo is.

I personally don't understand what all the Lua Lua raving is about. He's got potential yes, but he's done absolutely nothing of note for the few hours he's been on the pitch for the first team. In the mean time, Milner has single handedly saved us from relegation and he's still a s*** player with no future just because he's not running the 100m in 10 seconds.  ???

When was that?

06-07?

I personally don't understand what all the Lua Lua raving is about. He's got potential yes, but he's done absolutely nothing of note for the few hours he's been on the pitch for the first team. In the mean time, Milner has single handedly saved us from relegation and he's still a s*** player with no future just because he's not running the 100m in 10 seconds.  ???

When was that?

06-07?

You have to be taking the piss

What a fucking awful post. "for the few hours he's been on the pitch"  mackems.gif :idiot2:

What a f****** awful post. "for the few hours he's been on the pitch"  mackems.gif :idiot2:

;D

saddest thing ever when cheeky fuckers think they're being witty when they're actually making no sense at all.

"singlehanded" was a bit of an exaggeration but nobody can deny that the gist of my post is true.

What a f****** awful post. "for the few hours he's been on the pitch"  mackems.gif :idiot2:

;D

saddest thing ever when cheeky fuckers think they're being witty when they're actually making no sense at all.

"singlehanded" was a bit of an exaggeration but nobody can deny that the gist of my post is true.

Taking the self-deprecation thing a bit too far there.

;D

making my own point for me  :rolleyes:

;D

making my own point for me  :rolleyes:

I was only joking like.

Kazenga Lua Lua didn't play for DR Congo against Gabon and isn't in the 18 to play against Algeria.

www.leopardsfoot.com

And the reason was (shamelessly stolen from .com) ....

PS: The BBC reported that Kazenga LuaLua had received a first call-up by  DR Congo  for their two friendly matches this week.

It was thought that the 17 year-old could make his bow either against Gabon in Creteil on Tuesday, or 24 hours later when DR Congo moved on to Paris to face Algeria.

However it's now been confirmed that LuaLua didn't responded to the call-up and remained on Tyneside.

Kazenga Lua Lua didn't play for DR Congo against Gabon and isn't in the 18 to play against Algeria.

www.leopardsfoot.com

PS: The BBC reported that Kazenga LuaLua had received a first call-up by  DR Congo  for their two friendly matches this week.

It was thought that the 17 year-old could make his bow either against Gabon in Creteil on Tuesday, or 24 hours later when DR Congo moved on to Paris to face Algeria.

However it's now been confirmed that LuaLua didn't responded to the call-up and remained on Tyneside.

I imagine he'll wait a bit before he commits to a national team as he'll be eligible for Enlgand as well.

• 3 months later...

www.leopardsfoot.com

that'll be grannie lualua getting death threats in congo again

• 6 months later...

Scored tonight and did well by the looks of it.

Getting a decent number of games under his belt now. Hope he's getting stronger, and his sporadic sojourns into the first team will have done him good. Hope we can pull clear of relegation early enough so we can start blooding some of these young fellas in, and see what they're made of. Some of our youth players are about the only thing to look forward to at NUFC these days. With the likes of LuaLua, Ranger, Kadar, Krul, Forster, Godsmark and Donaldson, we might see one or two, or more, break into the first team picture and do well.

Scored tonight and did well by the looks of it.

Getting a decent number of games under his belt now. Hope he's getting stronger, and his sporadic sojourns into the first team will have done him good. Hope we can pull clear of relegation early enough so we can start blooding some of these young fellas in, and see what they're made of. Some of our youth players are about the only thing to look forward to at NUFC these days. With the likes of LuaLua, Ranger, Kadar, Krul, Forster, Godsmark and Donaldson, we might see one or two, or more, break into the first team picture and do well.

+1

Can't disagree or add to any of that. I'll take any signs of hope I can get, and if it's that a few of our youth players have potential then so be it.