Kazenga LuaLua joins Brighton permanently

Syrette

Hopefully, Kinnear will continue to dip LuaLua in and out with the odd sub appearance, and then give him a full debut at the end of the season if survival is guaranteed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Krul and Ranger get a go too, but that if still remains.

Don't blame him not wanting to take regular trips to DR Congo like, much like most countries with Democratic in there name nowt Democratic about it.

Should be called the HR Congo - Horrendous Republic of Congo.

i've already mentioned it in the Ranger thread but he was excellent tonight, especially in the 2nd half,  smashed a great strike into the bottom corner with his left from 25 yards,  only minutes earlier he'd almost scored NUFC's goal of the season with a brilliant run, 1-2 with Danquah, past a couple more and then round the keeper but then rolled his shot just past the post.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1551966,00.html

Colin Tips Kaz To Make First-Team Impact

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United coach Colin Calderwood has backed Kazenga LuaLua to reproduce his scintillating reserve and youth-team displays on the senior stage.

The 18-year-old was once again the star of the show for the Magpies' second-string during Monday night's 5-0 mauling of Wigan Athletic at St.James' Park.

And, while the Congolese-born trickster did find the back of the net against the Latics, it was one second-half assault on the visiting backline which had the home fans off their seat as he came close to producing a goal-of-the-season contender.

Firing a quick wall pass into the feet of Frank Wiafe Danquah, LuaLua raced onto the return before dancing by two blue-and-white shirts inside the penalty area.

It's pretty infuriating that we're replicating things we said exactly a year ago. Looked good in that sub performance, doing well in the reserves, plenty of injuries in the first team, the lad's worth a shot surely?

A year has passed..... what exactly has he done wrong for him not to have been given a chance? It's all well and good bringing in these youngsters from various corners of the globe (which i applaud, and always have), but if you've got a manager who hasn't got a clue then what fucking hope is there of them ever developing?

We could have unearthed some real gems in the past 12 months. Crucifying that they've been left to the tutoring of Joe Fucking Kinnear... it's criminal, what hope have they got?

Guest Heneage

I don't blame him for ignoring the DR of Congo's call up, they way they treat Lomana was shocking.

As for Lua-Lua, he's obviously highly rated as he is getting the call up above those around him, if we were in a cup still I'd suggest playing him then, but fingers crossed if we can get a home game with 3-0 at half time we could put him on.

I don't blame him for ignoring the DR of Congo's call up, they way they treat Lomana was shocking.

As for Lua-Lua, he's obviously highly rated as he is getting the call up above those around him, if we were in a cup still I'd suggest playing him then, but fingers crossed if we can get a home game with 3-0 at half time we could put him on.

It's too soon to be asking him to turn around that sort of deficit.

It's too soon to be asking him to turn around that sort of deficit.

:lol:

This lad could be excellent really but he's going to have to get some first team football sooner rather than later whether that be here or for another team, on loan.

Doesn't seem to fancy interviews too much like!

Apparently going to get his chance under the temp management according to the ronnie gill

let's hope

Let's hope so. Although I'd like to see him gradually introduced, as you know what our fans are like. If he gives the ball away for trying something that bit different they'll be on his back straight away.

• 3 weeks later...

look at what everton have done with rodwell and gosling and villa with many players.

He easily deserves a chance on the big stage in the same way that carroll should be in for shola.

i hope to see him at some point tonight

look at what everton have done with rodwell and gosling and villa with many players.

He easily deserves a chance on the big stage in the same way that carroll should be in for shola.

i hope to see him at some point tonight

:thup: He honestly looks like the big fish at reserve level, must have an insane scoring record for a midfielder. If he's to come on he needs to be pushed to the next level, whether that be through a loan spell or in our first team.

He should be on the bench tonight as an option for the right wing at the very least. Considering we are likely to get beat anyway we could do worse than to give him a decent run out tonight.

I've only seen him a coupld of times but he was always going to have great feet when his second name is Lua Lua.

There is a huge question over whether he has the physicality for premierleague football. The ideal thing to do would be to give him a free role behind a striker when we are ahead in a game, the problem is that is no time soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Been taking on month long loan to Donny Rovers. Good luck Lad

Loan Switch For Toon Starlet

KAZENGA LuaLua has joined Doncaster Rovers on a one-month loan deal.

The 18-year-old has made nine substitute appearances for Newcastle United at senior level.

He could make his debut for Doncaster against Watford on April 4.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1603590,00.html

It'll help long term, no doubt.

Amazed the lad hasn't been given a proper chance in the first team though. Or I would be if we weren't the worst managed club in the history of football, anyway.