Kazenga LuaLua joins Brighton permanently

Syrette

Thought he showed a little bit of potential in those last couple of games. Shame. Good luck to him.

I thought he just kept falling down everytime he was in possession.

But, good luck in Brighton (perhaps he's not telling his Mother she'll never be a granny)

Guest johnson293

My Boss (brighton fan) is getting word that Kazenga will be unveiled down there tomorrow... £1.5m deal (£750k up front + top ups to £1.5m) apparently.

My Boss (brighton fan) is getting word that Kazenga will be unveiled down there tomorrow... £1.5m deal (£750k up front + top ups to £1.5m) apparently.

Depending who we get in I imagine he wouldn't be getting much first team football with us next year anyway. Alway seems a shame to see a decent young player leave, but lob in some sell on clauses and I'd not be too disappointed tbh.

4th choice left winger with a year left on his contract so it makes sense to get what we can for him now.

Money  :smitten:

It's sales of players that don't make the grade that you would hope the club could sell to keep funding the academy.

Would you offer him a new deal? Where do you see him fitting in with Ben Arfa, Jonas and Ferguson already capable of playing down the left?

4th choice left winger with a year left on his contract so it makes sense to get what we can for him now.

It's sales of players that don't make the grade that you would hope the club could sell to keep funding the academy.

Would you offer him a new deal? Where do you see him fitting in with Ben Arfa, Jonas and Ferguson already capable of playing down the left?

Isn't Lua Lua a right winger by choice?

He's played left wing in his time at Brighton which is where he's hit his run of form for them, played there for us too in the final games of the season when he came on as sub.

He's played left wing in his time at Brighton which is where he's hit his run of form for them, played there for us too in the final games of the season when he came on as sub.

I know he started off on the right wiing. Maybe he's been shifted to the left to allow him to cut inside and shoot similar to how N'Zogbia's plying right side for Wigan these days despite being left footed.

I reckon I'd keep him as backup. He can be used on either side. A sale with a clause which would make it possible to buy him back for a certain fee would probably be the optimal though.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently failed a medical at Brighton which is why he didn't move, now heavily linked with a move to Huddersfield where he'll play under Lee Clark and Terry Mac. If he passes the medical of course. Would assume he'll not be on the flight to the States either way.