Martin Laursen to Spuds or us????

Guest LucasUnger

"I don't know if they have spoken to Aston Villa, I haven't heard anything, but it's two big clubs and it's certainly something that would interest me."

"I'm feeling really well with Villa and would be open to extend with them if the terms are right."

Thats Danish for "Give me some more fucking money plz."

Ah so this is where Football365 got it from.

He's a good defender.

They're the same - Sky own them, teamtalk and planetfootball (which is now just a link to skysports.com!)

IMO our defence is short of 2 more quality defenders, if we get Laursen and Brown id be delighted :)

Beye   ??   Faye     Enrique

Stick 1 of them in there, happy days

Brown's just another squad filler. Laursen would be very good, though. Faye/Laursen as the main men with Taylor/Caçapa waiting in the wings, is a very good proposition.

Of course, all these great centre-backs would mean absolutely fuck all if Sam was to change it every single week. :razz:

Guest Guinness

Great defender who's been very injury prone up until this season. As has been said I'm guessing he's just trying to get a bit more money from Villa.

Think we might have a chance actually!! He's 30, been injury prone and probably wants more than they're willing to offer him. And thinking about it they've just signed Curtis Davies and Zat Knight and have Olaf there so it may well be a possibility!

You can probably bet Taylor will spit his dummy if he goes down the pecking order and be sold, wont be bothered if that happened.

Because Taylor has a history of dummy spitting? ???

You bet Alan Oliver's Nokia he does.

Think we might have a chance actually!! He's 30, been injury prone and probably wants more than they're willing to offer him. And thinking about it they've just signed Curtis Davies and Zat Knight and have Olaf there so it may well be a possibility!

He's angling for a better deal in his current contract negotiations, that's all.

Laursen won't be going anywhere. Mellberg will, though. And, worryingly, Gary Cahill probably will as well.

Zat Knight is never, ever going to get the nod ahead of Martin Laursen, in this or any parellel universe ;)