Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

Sorry if I am missing something but why does everyone think it is going to be a British manager?

McClaren being tipped and him watching our game doesn't help...

Not unless mort/ashley were off to mars while he was managing England.

if it is moyes i will be happy!

sorry but why would Moyes come to Newcastle ... ? That is insane ...

i was saying it in a light hearted manner

sorry its quite difficult to tell in this thread ... with all the pressures that come with the newcastle job it is difficult to see anyone wanting to take it ... poisoned chalice

go away

Guest sammyboy

Jol or Shearer, jesus wept.

Please no

it's a f****** nightmare, f*** the both

Allardyce pissed me off no end but those two aren't fit to wipe his arse

well Jol managed to get Spurs to 5th twice ... what did Newcastle do while he was doing that ? UM .. yeah thats right .. nothing ... you could do a hell of a lot worse than Jol...

they finished 5th twice, we finished 7th and 14th, what's your point? we had Roeder and Souness

point is Jol is a good manager and more than capable of "wiping BFS's arse" .... but Newcastle fans are too up their own to consider anyone other than Jose ... please ... he's not going to come ..

bullshit, we just dont want another (smaller) premiership club's cast-off

:rolleyes:

Guest ObaStar

first off can someone clarify if the club said they aren't going foreign. If we are not. how about Sir Bobby or kevin Keegan? they both had goood results here and are both very good and experienced. and also people the fans would get behind. if its mclaren i will go support sunderland

They say bookies are NEVER wrong. Shearer is quoted at 4/7 clear favourite (and for those that do not bet that is a COUNTRY MILE favouritism) to take the job.  F*ck. I'd lie to say I did not want him to go but for Shearer? No way.  It's all pointing towards a British manager but who?

Redknapp the favourite on Betfair, when he went to Portsmouth there was a huge investigation into a betting scam on there.

Guest Brazilianbob

They are not looking to bring in a foreign manager (from abroad) but are looking at a manager currently at a British club.  That doesn't rule out Benitez does it?  Having said that I would put my house on Strachan.  He has a point to prove in the EPL I reckon!

All signs point towards McClaren for me.

Not a foreign manager

Is in Britain

Was England manager

Is available

I don't think Mort and Ashley would sack Allardyce if they wer'e very confident of getting someone else in.

I'm bricking it now. There's not a British manager i'd be particularly pleased with. Maybe Mark Hughes and there's nee chance of that. I'd honestly rather have Shearer.

They say bookies are NEVER wrong. Shearer is quoted at 4/7 clear favourite (and for those that do not bet that is a COUNTRY MILE favouritism) to take the job.  F*ck. I'd lie to say I did not want him to go but for Shearer? No way.  It's all pointing towards a British manager but who?

Betfair have

Redknapp 3/1 and Shearer 4/1

Guest AceDeuce

Alan Shearer  -  realistic, sadly

Martin Jol  -  next sam

Harry Redknapp  -  no thanks

Ottmar Hitzfeld - on his way to the chocolate factory

Jose Mourinho - why should he do that?

David O Leary - who is this?

Paul Jewell - come on!

Gerard Houllier - leaving france 6 months before euro?

Tony Mowbray - yeah he's going to solve the problems

Terry Venables - no vegetables for me, thanks.

Mark Hughes - i dont think so.

Jurgen Klinsmann - rejected every offer he had until now. cant see him coming.

Marco Van Basten - wont leave. euro coming up.

Giovanni Trappatoni - something like 80 years old

Steve McClaren - ;)

John Collins - would prefer phill c.

Marcelo Lippi - hot

Rafa Benitez - yeah he'll come  :cheesy:

Glenn Hoddle - stay home pls.

Billy Davies - who are you?

Kevin Keegan - no thanks.

Roy Keane -  come on!!!!

Ruud Gullit - been there, done that.

Graeme Sounness - same

Guus Hiddink - england is the last place he wants to be right now i guess.

Louis van Gaal - maybe

Luiz Felipe Scolari - maybe not

Frank Rijkaard -  ;D

I'm really shocked.  Just found out.  Can't believe it really... things have not been going that well of late, but I always felt we would back Sam and that probably next year we'd start to see a difference and an improvement in the results.  Guess he's either lost the plot behind the scences and the club think we should be getting rid, or they already have a big name lined up.

Could Alan Oliver be right! - still unlikely, but what he said about a manager that blew Mort's socks off wanting the job may justify this action.

I hope Oliver is right, we need a massively experienced manager to step in and sort things out.

Feel sorry for Sam in a way, he hasn't had the time to really deliver what he wanted, but the performances of late were not good enough. Perhaps he had lost the players behind the scenes...

Best of luck to Sam in future, fingers crossed we do get a some massive manager.  We need one badly.

Guest sammyboy

:rolleyes:

You asked for it ! ;)

spose so ... all i am trying to say is that Jol was a good manager and a good guy ... he was screwed by our board ... i think he would be ideal for newcastle .. an attacking manager who could provide some stability ... maybe bring shearer in to work alongside him ?

who knows ? all i am saying is Jol is a good manager and to say he isn't good enough to wipe fat sam's ass is stupid ...

Someone get a ANTI- MCLAREN petition going ASAP.. he is exactly the kind of knee jerk, not up to the job idiot that this club has fucking FORM for hire-ing! I will honestly start supporting sunderland if he is appointed. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Guest Big Spam

Mort said that the manager they've targeted is not foreign.

When and where did he say this?

Setanta News quoted him.

If true i'm disappointed... I can't think of one English manager that is better than he is, so why sack him??