Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

There's not a single British manager I can think of that I wouldn't be horribly depressed with.

I'd rather give it to Shearer than a Redknapp or Hughes, sideways step with any of the British candidates. At least there's a visible thought process with appointing Shearer, even if it is a very fucking risky one.

Shitting a brick tbh.

Allardyce didn't have it in him to get it done long-term in my opinion anyway though, so it's not like I'm disappointed to see him go.

Reserving judgement until the new man emerges.

They say bookies are NEVER wrong. Shearer is quoted at 4/7 clear favourite (and for those that do not bet that is a COUNTRY MILE favouritism) to take the job.  F*ck. I'd lie to say I did not want him to go but for Shearer? No way.  It's all pointing towards a British manager but who?

Guest Phil K

God almighty - I never thought about bloody McClaren.

I wouldn't top meself if he was, I'd suicide bomb the ***** board !

There's not a single British manager I can think of that I wouldn't be horribly depressed with.

I'd rather give it to Shearer than a Redknapp or Hughes, sideways step with any of the British candidates. At least there's a visible thought process with appointing Shearer, even if it is a very f****** risky one.

Shitting a brick tbh.

Allardyce didn't have it in him to get it done long-term in my opinion anyway though, so it's not like I'm disappointed to see him go.

Reserving judgement until the new man emerges.

One of the few sensible comments on this development.

Well said, Shak.

Redknapp is a good manager, but he's no more scandal-free than Sam, for starters

Shearer is an unknown, but so was KK remember ?

Its chris coleman.

God almighty - he's worse than McClaren !!!

Well - maybe AS bad.

I can talk myself into supporting Shearer. I can see the potential with him because of his stature, and because of the time that most of our supporters will give him. I can see why Mort and Ashley will be tempted by the idea of Shearer as well.

If we've ruled out all the foreign managers then it has to be Shearer.

Jim White completely defines himself as a football reporter

"We understand that Alan Shearer is in Barbados as is Freddy Shepherd. If you see them, earwig their conversation and email us"

Freddy Shepherd?!? :lol:

Guest shaun11177

i just cant believe they have ruled out all foreign.if they are going thru the right channels it must be a british manager allready with a club-i think its Moyes.

Why people trust what the media says even the chairman a week ego said it is tedious that sam's job is under threat then sack him after a week. So no forgign claim of this is just another false smoke. I want the best and I want Mourniho.

Jol or Shearer, jesus wept.

Please no

it's a f****** nightmare, f*** the both

Allardyce pissed me off no end but those two aren't fit to wipe his arse

well Jol managed to get Spurs to 5th twice ... what did Newcastle do while he was doing that ? UM .. yeah thats right .. nothing ... you could do a hell of a lot worse than Jol...

they finished 5th twice, we finished 7th and 14th, what's your point? we had Roeder and Souness

point is Jol is a good manager and more than capable of "wiping BFS's arse" .... but Newcastle fans are too up their own to consider anyone other than Jose ... please ... he's not going to come ..

bullshit, we just dont want another (smaller) premiership club's cast-off

Guest sammyboy

if it is moyes i will be happy!

sorry but why would Moyes come to Newcastle ... ? That is insane ...

i was saying it in a light hearted manner

sorry its quite difficult to tell in this thread ... with all the pressures that come with the newcastle job it is difficult to see anyone wanting to take it ... poisoned chalice

Sorry if I am missing something but why does everyone think it is going to be a British manager?

McClaren being tipped and him watching our game doesn't help...

I can't believe Ashley is stupid enough to employ MacLaren, surely he will never manage a top club again.