Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

All the betting is on Redknapp - according to *cough* Talksport *cough*

his odd have halfed in the last hour on betfair now 2-1 and over half the money in the whole market has been matched on him..

Guest jimmy1982

All the betting is on Redknapp - according to *cough* Talksport *cough*

his odd have half in the last hour on betfair now 2-1 and over half the money in the whole market has been matched on him..

God no. I've said it before and I'll say it again: NO COCKNEYS PLEASE. Rob Lee and Ferdinand are the only good uns I can think of off the top of my head and I don't want either of them as our manager.

I cant see the logic. rednapp or hughes are both backwards steps. yet again its an opportunity missed to get someone decent in. both will coast through the first couple of months by just playing 442 and playing people in the right place. neither can take us beyond 6th or have the tactical noose to play with the big boys though. Wont be long until we are back in the same position again.

I was at work when I heard this news.

Firstly, I'm pissed off.  I'd much rather have sacked him at the end of the season.

I also don't fucking want Shearer.

The man to replace SA is in Parky's avatar.  In the summer before we got Sam, I said Klinsmann.  And I stand by that.  A young manager that transformed a national team that was spiralling downwards, and a big enough name that if given money, could probably attract the top players.

I remember someone mentioning an idea about us appointing a manager, letting them enjoy the honeymoon period then sacking them when it's over and employing a new one then do the same for a whole season :laugh:

Lol good plan.

Could get a bit expensive unless they are prepared to sign a 3 month contract though.

Why would Redknapp want to come here btw? What hasn't he got there that he'll get here? Money? Doesn't seem to be the case. He's getting a lot of cash from the Russian bloke. Time? No fucking way. A better chance of winning things? Not at this time. The Portsmouth team that he's built is very good and has a lot of potential so why would he leave that behind and come to us?

Why would Redknapp want to come here btw? What hasn't he got there that he'll get here? Money? Doesn't seem to be the case. He's getting a lot of cash from the Russian bloke. Time? No fucking way. A better chance of winning things? Not at this time. The Portsmouth team that he's built is very good and has a lot of potential so why would he leave that behind and come to us?

Potential I suppose.

Potential I suppose.

Don't think even that would get him off his arse for an interview tbh.

Cushy number, loved by all, good funds, good form, new stadium on its way, backed 100% throughout the club and lastly and very much the be all, he's at home.

He sees himself as an old guy settled in his area with his family and likes it there. He's said this a few times, i doubt he'd go any further North than London, and that would only be for the England job.

Potential I suppose.

I disagree. They're building a new stadium, he's got a team flooded with youngster and filled with pace, and he's being backed (heavily) in the transfer market. It's a dream job for any manager, especially for someone who's already highly regarded and loved there. Coming to Newcastle at this time would actually be a massive risk and I'm not sure whether success here would be more valuable than if he did the same at Portsmouth.

And this 'bigger' club nonsense is just that. We're a big club because we have money and have a big stadium. He already has lots of money to spend and pretty soon-ish they'll have a bigger and better stadium (than Fratton Park). There's no logical reason for him to jump ship.

Why would Redknapp want to come here btw? What hasn't he got there that he'll get here? Money? Doesn't seem to be the case. He's getting a lot of cash from the Russian bloke. Time? No f****** way. A better chance of winning things? Not at this time. The Portsmouth team that he's built is very good and has a lot of potential so why would he leave that behind and come to us?

Potential I suppose.

Don't think even that would get him off his arse for an interview tbh.

Cushy number, loved by all, good funds, good form, new stadium on its way, backed 100% throughout the club and lastly and very much the be all, he's at home.

He sees himself as an old guy settled in his area with his family and likes it there. He's said this a few times, i doubt he'd go any further North than London, and that would only be for the England job.

This.  I can't see Redknapp leaving Portsmouth,  he's very settled there.

The maddest thing about all this is that SA was talking about Diarra this afternoon, whats gone on between now and this afternoon?

Surely his future wont of been decided within the space of a few hours?