Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

Guest hawayman

Wether this is a good or bad decision all depends on who we get in and the performances/results thereafter if we are playing well and winning everyone will be happy as larry if we are playing crap and losing it will be the worst appointment ever.

SSN say Allardyce took training this morning, and gave a press conference at 1, then spoke to SSN at 5 with no mention of him leaving, infact when SSN asked him about the rumours he said it was news to him, 20 minutes later he was gone.

That really is pathetic. Hoped Mort would be better than that.

press knew he was gone before he did, and he heard it from them, utter garbage. so much for mort's professionalism...

Better that he's gone now rather than letting him spend some cash then having to sack him a month or two later. I can see why Mort and Ashley did it now instead of waiting. If they can get a new manager within a week or two, that'll give the new man a couple of weeks to sign players (and Sven showed that it doesn't take long if you know who you want from the start).

Something must be going on in the background, as Monday would have been the obvious time to get rid of Fat Sam results-wise. Maybes they got into contact with this 'top manager' last week, Stoke result wasn't great and talks have got more advanced to the stage where the new guy is as good as signed.

I'm really confident somebody big is coming in, and fancy it to be Mourinho. Be a dream like.

Mort and Ashley say they're behind Sam. Sam say's he wants to stay.

Short while later he's out of a job. Someone's telling porkies. I'm not pointing fingers (Unlike those saying how disgusted they are and that the new board have lost a lot of respect) as I've no idea which party hasn't been telling the truth. But I do feel we're owed an explanation as to why he's been sacked when even after the last match he seemed to have the board's full support and wanted to stay.

What's changed? That's the question to me. Has something controversial come to light? Has someone been lying to us about how much they want to be here or want Sam to be here? Time will tell, I guess.

Re: the timing, maybe they thought of Arsenal, Arsenal and Man Utd as write offs (which they were/are) and want someone in to try and lift things to get points from Boro and Middlesbrough so we don't get sucked in at the bottom.

I was all for giving Sam the season, but with confidence clearly on the floor at the moment, I wouldn't have even been that confident against Stoke, Bolton or Boro tbh.

good decision as long as we choose the right man for the job

dont rush into it, i will be reasonably happy with pearson for another 2 weeks or so

imo shearer, mourinho, jol, klinsmann will be the favourites

Something must be going on in the background, as Monday would have been the obvious time to get rid of Fat Sam results-wise. Maybes they got into contact with this 'top manager' last week, Stoke result wasn't great and talks have got more advanced to the stage where the new guy is as good as signed.

I'm really confident somebody big is coming in, and fancy it to be Mourinho. Be a dream like.

(Not pickng on you, but it's the straw that breaks the camel's back.)

FFS, for the LAST time:

We'd all love it to be true, but Mourinho is not allowed to manage in the Premiership until next season.

Part of the terms of him leaving Chelsea, IIRC. So can we all please stop with jerking off over pictures of the special one just because he's out of work and we need a manager?

What a joke, a proven manager with a great track record sacked because of fickle supporters. Who in their right mind would take this job now?

Guest Ebolarama

I don't know what to say. We're pretty much a laughing stock now, if we weren't before.

If it's Shearer who gets the job... christ... I hear the Championship ain't so bad...

My theory (maybe already posted but haven't read the whole thread)

Ashley back from holiday, sees the Stoke game then aarranges a meeting with Sam.

Sam says he needs £20m (insert any figure here) to strengthen the team due to the ANC etc.

Ashley points out that 3 of the 4 leaving were Sam signings, Barton is in jail (or as good as) and Roz, Cacapa haven't set the world alight.

Ashley gives Sam £5m then youngsters.

Big argument, Sam says back or sack

Ashley sacks