The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

" That was on Saturday night.  On Sunday night I received a phone call from someone who works for one of the biggest agents in the world.  He wanted Chris Mort's mobile number.

On Monday the aforesaid top guy's representative contacted the United chairman who reported what he had told me at Chelsea.

But then Chris Mort was suddenly given the name of someone who would like to manage Newcastle United.  And I am told it nearly blew the chairman's socks off.  I know the name of the top agent and his colleague who contacted me.  But not the name of the would-be United manager.  That has not stopped me wondering about it.  The top man in question is friends with the Jose Mourinho camp.  So has Jose been touted as Newcastle manager?  Or Marcello Lippi, who is currently out of work?  All I can say is watch this space."

Unless Mort has his socks blown off by the idea of some mediocre English manager that story now apears to have been confirmed as utter s***.

Well, thats the things, its neither been confirmed true or false yet, and won't be until a new manager is appointed.

As you say, a mediocre British manager wouldn't blow any fuckers socks off.

But it has been confirmed, unless you think the club are lying about the manager they want not being foreign.  What would they have to gain from that?

I didn't want Sam sacked in the first place but at least then i thought we may get a manager that would be a improvement, i don't believe there is one who's British.

Sums up my feelings perfectly. Fuck. :(

I didn't want Sam sacked in the first place but at least then i thought we may get a manager that would be a improvement, i don't believe there is one who's British.

There's nothing British and decent out there, this is a massive mistake.

Guest Guinness

Things go from bad to worse, are there actually any British managers that are an improvement on Allardyce? I can only think of Hughes and Redknapp who are semi decent and to be honest can't see why either would want to come here at this moment in time seeing as they both possess infinite job security and manage teams doing well.

This

Wtf ? Mclaren ? Redknapp ? Who knows  :rant:

Guest sicko2ndbest

No approach for Shearer or a foreign boss, say United sources

No approach ... Alan Shearer

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »

View GalleryTOON legend Alan Shearer has not been approached to take over at Newcastle United.

Club sources say the England striker, who is currently holidaying in Barbados, will not take over the St James's hot seat - but Sam Allardyce's replacement will be a British coach, reports Sky Sports.

They quote club sources as saying: "Shearer has not been approach and we are not looking for a foreign successor. We will take time over the appointment."

More news to follow on this story on shieldsgazette.com

The full article contains 95 words and appears in n/a newspaper.

Unless Mort has his socks blown off by the idea of some mediocre English manager that story now apears to have been confirmed as utter s***.

Well, thats the things, its neither been confirmed true or false yet, and won't be until a new manager is appointed.

As you say, a mediocre British manager wouldn't blow any fuckers socks off.

But it has been confirmed, unless you think the club are lying about the manager they want not being foreign.  What would they have to gain from that?

All I'm saying is, last week it was confirmed Allardyce wasn't gonna be sacked. I won't believe any press releases until the new manager is announced.

Don't go British! The last three choices have shown that. There is no 'world class' British manager out there, none who could do a significant deal better than Allardyce.

i dont think its an official statement is it? its just ssn's understanding?

shocking news anyway tbh, i just hope its wrong.

i dont want anyone who is british, especially not fucking maclaren!

hughes is a no go either for me, he is only doing well due to him having TIME, same with moyes.

cant see redknapp coming all the way up here and leaving his £12m gaff

Fucking hell, I wish people would read posts instead of just asking the same question over and over.

This was read out on Sky Sports News (and someone else says on Setanta News as well), and said it came FROM THE CLUB. It is NOT as yet an official statement.

Guest Brazilianbob

Everyone is making the assumption it is an EPL manager.  Could be someone from the Championship!  Maybe it's Mowbray at West Brom.