Jose Mourinho

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newsflash: It'll not be Mourinho. We are not a big club. We do not have a chance of winning Silverware in the near future. We are 11th. We'll be lucky to qualify for Europe. We're seen as fickle by the media, other fans and probably other managers.

THERE IS NO F****** CHANCE!

The timing is just bad, there is no world class name lined up. If there is, i'll show my arse in Fenwicks Christmas window.

I've often wondered when people say stuff like this, what would happen if you walked into Fenwicks and said 'excuse me, would you mind awfully opening your window display as I need to go in there and display my arse'

Not sure it would go down too well.

I dunno though - as his head is so firmly UP his own arse, it'd be too much of a laugh for Fenwicks to turn down.

Still - I find it odd that Ashley has reacted so quickly - its as if he got a nod that he hadn't been expecting....

There is a lot af naivity on this board. If anyone seriously thinks this club is going to be turned around in just 5 minutes even if Mourinho was appointed at the helm, I would say they are massively mistaken. The club was rotting to the core when Sam took over, and in the short space of time he has been here, although results haven't followed he has flushed a lot of sh*t out of the club as part of his overhaul. The club is still in a mess, short of numbers on the playing side and Mort sorting out the business side.

Big Sam also brought a lot of shit INTO the club, and to be honest, can't see offhand where the "shit" is he got rid of - unless you mean Dyer, but he didnt want him to go anyways.

Newsflash: It'll not be Mourinho. We are not a big club. We do not have a chance of winning Silverware in the near future. We are 11th. We'll be lucky to qualify for Europe. We're seen as fickle by the media, other fans and probably other managers.

To prove your point on the news last night when talking about it they mentioned that we are regarded as the best fans in the world "but only our fans think that".

Lets just face it, we are a laughing stock as always, us, spuds and the scousers are the laughing stock of the premiership time and time again, we hold no respect from any other fans and are constantly mocked because of our "we're a big team" attitude.

We're a laughing stock thanks to our calamitous former Chairman not because of anything we've done.

The reason we're still regarded as the best set of fans is because despite the shite we've been served up for the last 4 years we still fill our stadium. So what if we boo at matches, what set of fans doesn't when their team aren't performing. At least we're at the match in the first place.

Guest The Libertine

We're a laughing stock thanks to our calamitous former Chairman not because of anything we've done.

The reason we're still regarded as the best set of fans is because despite the s**** we've been served up for the last 4 years we still fill our stadium. So what if we boo at matches, what set of fans doesn't when their team aren't performing. At least we're at the match in the first place.

by who?

The reason we're still regarded as the best set of fans is because despite the s**** we've been served up for the last 4 years we still fill our stadium. So what if we boo at matches, what set of fans doesn't when their team aren't performing. At least we're at the match in the first place.

We can't really blame the booing this season and the numerous amount of stupid, reactionary, knee jerk bullshit coming from our fans about Allardyce on Fat Fred, can we?

gus hiddinck imo.

oh wait...hes taking russia to euro 2008 isnt he?

He's managed club and country at the same time before, hasn't he? Probably prefer him over Mourinho, but there's still no chance.

Yes, i think we can blame the booing and the reactions on FF. He promised us world class managers and served up Souness and Roeder, then sat back with his pockets full of our money while his "top managers" predictably served up shyte and set this club back 10 years. We'd have had a lot more patience with Allardyce had we not had to endure the crap that came before him.

I feel it must be him!

Just have a gut feeling as why sack BS for Redknapp or Hughes half way through the season? Must be for someone that's a class act and willing to come.

Well we'll see how much Ashley and Mort really know about running a club in the next few weeks!

Could always be Hitzfeld mind? lol

Yes, i think we can blame the booing and the reactions on FF. He promised us world class managers and served up Souness and Roeder, then sat back with his pockets full of our money while his "top managers" predictably served up shyte and set this club back 10 years. We'd have had a lot more patience with Allardyce had we not had to endure the crap that came before him.

The word 'bollocks' comes to mind :lol:

A bloke I work with looks scarily similar to Jose Mourinho. I might see if he fancies going on a walkabout round Newcastle and up the steps of St James' Park at the Milburn stand - See if he can spark some mass hysteria from any gathered mongs. :D

The cunning ploy will be blown though if he opens his mouth and his heavy Geordie accent comes flowing out.

Anyone thinking that Mourinho will be our new manager needs to step back because it's highly unlikely. However those thinking "there's no fucking chance" or "where not big enough", are just as stupid.

People like Mourinho would see a club like hours as a huge challenge and a way to show if you like. We have all the resources and all the (good as well as bad) pressures that come with the job.

I'm not saying it will happen but dont be suprised if it's someone not far off Mourihnos standard.

My first choice would be Lippi BTW.

Anyone thinking that Mourinho will be our new manager needs to step back because it's highly unlikely. However those thinking "there's no f****** chance" or "where not big enough", are just as stupid.

People like Mourinho would see a club like hours as a huge challenge and a way to show if you like. We have all the resources and all the (good as well as bad) pressures that come with the job.

I'm not saying it will happen but dont be suprised if it's someone not far off Mourihnos standard.

i'd say that Lippi, being one of the best football managers of all time, is far more unlikely than Mourinho.. also in the past Lippi has rejected clubs like Real Madrid and Bayern, because he prefers to work in Italy, so absolutely no chance whatsoever..

Mourinho, even if remotely interested, can't manage another club in the premier league this season, which also puts him out of the equation

Anyone thinking that Mourinho will be our new manager needs to step back because it's highly unlikely. However those thinking "there's no f****** chance" or "where not big enough", are just as stupid.

i'd say that Lippi, being one of the best football managers of all time, is far more unlikely than Mourinho.. also in the past Lippi has rejected clubs like Real Madrid and Bayern, because he prefers to work in Italy, so absolutely no chance whatsoever..

Mourinho, even if remotely interested, can't manage another club in the premier league this season, which also puts him out of the equation

As it's highly unlikely Newcastle will be challenging Chelsea in any way this season, would they be prepared to waive the clause which they presumably insisted upon ?

Guest NUFCrichard

Never going to happen, Mourinho is lined up for AC Milan and why would Lippi come to us?  Do people think that we appointed Souness, Roeder and Sam even though the best managers in the world were willing to come to us? 

Guest johnson293

Never going to happen, Mourinho is lined up for AC Milan and why would Lippi come to us?  Do people think that we appointed Souness, Roeder and Sam even though the best managers in the world were willing to come to us? 

I guess the hope is that we can sell the club as being under a 'fresh start' and promise massive funds, with the hope of waking this 'sleeping giant' again!!!

Probably much like Sir John did with Keegan - but of course, Keegan knew about the club/fans/area, etc anyway.

The problems attracting managers when we appointed Souness/Roeder/Allardyce were (probably) down to Shepherd and the previous board.

If Ashley/Mort have a longterm plan to make us a top 5 club and/or challenge the top 4 again, and are determined to get the right man, then why not approach the likes of Mourinho/Lippi and sell it that way.

One of them might be up for the challenege!

Do you honestly think there was no one better than Roeder? Or do you think that was just a convinient option for Shepherd? If Man City can get SGE, we can get a decent manager in too, I would've thought.

Guest NUFCrichard

Do you honestly think there was no one better than Roeder? Or do you think that was just a convinient option for Shepherd? If Man City can get SGE, we can get a decent manager in too, I would've thought.

I think that there were no stand out options and we started playing well under Roeder so we kept him on.

All the talk of Managers fancying a challenge seems odd to me, I can't think of many examples of it happening