Jose Mourinho

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Alan Shearer 9

"Anyone who even thinks he's contemplated this job needs to give their head a firm shake."

He did actually when he was offered assistant under SBR

Wow. Your superior "I'm a smart arse" skills have really flattened me there. I feel like a right berk. Here, have a biscuit and fuck off.

Was merely bringing up a small known fact. JM declined because he knew SBR would never step down as manager as was proposed in the deal.

Another omen, if you want one. In the summer of 2006 I was on holiday again (same place as in the previous year) and I saw Jose Mourinho in Islands of Adventure. One year later, and we're back in Orlando, and this time we see Alan Smith in Downtown Disney, who later joined us. Both of them were literally within a few feet of me. I have never seen any other "football people" while abroad. BELIEVE!

Another omen, "Believe" is the name of the killer whale show at SeaWorld, which is also in Orlando.

f*** me, this is magical... JUST LIKE DISNEYWORLD!

Brilliant,pissed myself at that! :)

"Anyone who even thinks he's contemplated this job needs to give their head a firm shake."

Wow. Your superior "I'm a smart arse" skills have really flattened me there. I feel like a right berk. Here, have a biscuit and f*** off.

Was merely bringing up a small known fact. JM declined because he knew SBR would never step down as manager as was proposed in the deal.

If you'd bothered your arse you'd know that little known fact has not only been mentioned by myself but everyone else in here.

Wow. Your superior "I'm a smart arse" skills have really flattened me there. I feel like a right berk. Here, have a biscuit and f*** off.

so really he wanted a managers job for himself

I aint going to get into an argument about jose, because if you accept chelsea as a challenge, then you are equally as probable to accept newcastle as a challenge... barcelona, real madrid, any other spanish or italian bollocks is easy, newcastle aint... jose is a manager, like sam, that thrives on challenges, thats why he left chelsea

Is it just me? bollocks,  i see this as the kind of job a bloke like that would thrive upon

I aint going to get into an argument about jose, because if you accept chelsea as a challenge, then you are equally as probable to accept newcastle as a challenge... barcelona, real madrid, any other spanish or italian bollocks is easy, newcastle aint... jose is a manager, like sam, that thrives on challenges, thats why he left chelsea

Is it just me? bollocks,  i see this as the kind of job a bloke like that would thrive upon

Hadn't Chelsea just finished second, got to the semi-finals of the Champions League and had an owner who had proven the previous season he was willing to spunk more cash than anyone else in the history of the game?

Newcastle is a small fish in a big pond, Mourinho is a big fish in a big pond. We're not going to get him.

Hadn't Chelsea just finished second, got to the semi-finals of the Champions League and had an owner who had proven the previous season he was willing to spunk more cash than anyone else in the history of the game?

Newcastle is a small fish in a big pond, Mourinho is a big fish in a big pond. We're not going to get him.

No need to take the piss over there you know. We're not all delusional.

No need to take the piss over there you know. We're not all delusional.

The delusional fucker to levelheaded poster ratio is getting more stretched by the minute.

and what if the newcastle owner was to say to mourinho he would spunk as much money and keep out of playing affairs ?

would he come ?

Newsflash: It'll not be Mourinho. We are not a big club. We do not have a chance of winning Silverware in the near future. We are 11th. We'll be lucky to qualify for Europe. We're seen as fickle by the media, other fans and probably other managers.

THERE IS NO F****** CHANCE!

The timing is just bad, there is no world class name lined up. If there is, i'll show my arse in Fenwicks Christmas window.

why is it so unrealistic?... logic: hardest club to manage =  perfect for someone who had someone who had the balls to do it

Because every other club in the world would love to have Mourinho as manager. Why would he take the hard route when he could take the easy route and stand a much, much, much smaller chance of ruining his managerial reputation?

As i've said many times before the sacking of Allardyce would result in us getting someone with a similar track record in for a larger amount of money or a small name from the lower leagues on a small amount of money.

Anyone who even thinks he's contemplated this job needs to give their head a firm shake.

so you think he wouldnt take the job if offered for a good contract? based on his previous track records?

Guest Ridzuan

I would love to get him here,I would hold a party if that happens but its a far bet and I really doubt it will happen.

Can I attend?

Yeah of course if you can make your way down here.

Newsflash: It'll not be Mourinho. We are not a big club. We do not have a chance of winning Silverware in the near future. We are 11th. We'll be lucky to qualify for Europe. We're seen as fickle by the media, other fans and probably other managers.

THERE IS NO F****** CHANCE!

The timing is just bad, there is no world class name lined up. If there is, i'll show my arse in Fenwicks Christmas window.

I've often wondered when people say stuff like this, what would happen if you walked into Fenwicks and said 'excuse me, would you mind awfully opening your window display as I need to go in there and display my arse'

Not sure it would go down too well.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Allardyce's sacking at this time will only make sense if someone like Jose is appointed.

Appointing Redknapp would be a fucking disgrace.

But will Mourinho be successful without Abramovich's billions? Some of his multi-million pound signings were quite poor, and football-wise we're not where Chelsea was before Mourinho took the job. Ofcourse Mourinho was succesful at Porto without billions, but the way his teams play is very boring and unattractive, will the Toon fans be able to put up with boring football + bad results (until he gets the ball rolling) long enough for him to be succesful?

But will Mourinho be successful without Abramovich's billions? Some of his multi-million pound signings were quite poor, and football-wise we're not where Chelsea was before Mourinho took the job. Ofcourse Mourinho was succesful at Porto without billions, but the way his teams play is very boring and unattractive, will the Toon fans be able to put up with boring football + bad results (until he gets the ball rolling) long enough for him to be succesful?

I don't know what others think - there's probably a million potential reasons - but i'm of the opinion that Allardyce has been sacked because we've got a LOT of money to spend. They just don't want Sam spending it.

Id easily be delighted if we finished in the top 4 and all our wins were 1-0, than finish 5th downwards with all our wins 4-3

Allardyce's sacking at this time will only make sense if someone like Jose is appointed.

Appointing Redknapp would be a fucking disgrace.

Yes.

Makes me think (hope) that Ashley has somebody lined up. Maybe not Mourinho, but it can't be Redknapp.

The club couldn't be that fucked up. Surely.

Id easily be delighted if we finished in the top 4 and all our wins were 1-0, than finish 5th downwards with all our wins 4-3

But I'm saying will he be given the time to make us finish in the top 4? Even Mourinho isn't going to bring us 'instant' success, (depending on what success means of course), but I doubt even Mourinho can make us a top 6 side in his first season. We need atleast 1 year of stablity before we start achieving anything under any manager.  Would Mourinho be given this time?

Big Sam got sacked when we were 11th, yes we had a bad run of form, but we had almost half the season left, and the more time our team got, we probably would have improved. Martin O'Neill was praised after his first season at villa, and our fans were angry that we didn't sign him, but his team finished only mid-table.

Yet Big sam gets sacked halfway through his first season when his team was 11th (correct me if I'm wrong, but an improvement from this time last year) because of 'seemingly bad' tactics and boring static football. Mourinho is a tactical genius, but his teams do play boring football, even if we get Mourinho (though I'd be over the moon), for a period of time, we will play boring football and not get results. It will take alteast a couple of months, for our results to start picking up. Yes, THEN we will gladly put up with boring football as we will be winning, but would the Toon fans be able to wait till then?