Who do you think it'll be ?

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd be reasonably happy with Redknapp or Hughes tbh.

Do you think they are worth the hassle of sacking Allardyce then? I don't.

I know they both seem to play better football, but are they any more qualified to take this job? Will they deal with the expectations better? Will they be able to change their spending habits and bring in the likes that we desire? I'm not so sure.

i would contemplate suicide

An old saying a former boss of mine used to quote me.... "One will rise to ones level of expectation."

What he meant by that was if you aim for mediocrity then don't be surprised when mediocrity is what you achieve.  I will not settle for Hughes or Redknapp, I expect that the "fans" would not either.  We are supposed to have some ambition, so lets not settle for someone who has no ability to back up that ambition.

I'm struggling to understand why Redknapp is disliked so much.

Seems a chirpy, likeable guy. Doesn't moan or make excuses. Is generally positive.

His skin isn't attached to his face in any way.

It'd just be so difficult to have faith in the team and the board if Redknapp were to come in. He really has done very little to suggest he is a better bet than Sam. Obviously, if i were to be at Redknapp's debut i wouldn't boo him or anything daft like that, the fans as a group would have to get behind him from the off (an immediate stumbling block), but i'd certainly a lose a lot of hope.

I'm struggling to understand why Redknapp is disliked so much.

Seems a chirpy, likeable guy. Doesn't moan or make excuses. Is generally positive.

boss eyed

His complete lack of loyalty between Pompey and Southampton was when he lost alot of my respect, not to mention apparent dodgy doings. Decent mediocre manager that should get us playing football again, but wouldnt get us higher than 6th often if at all.

One other thing to consider about Hughes and Redknapp is they've never managed a club like us (not going to say as 'big', but with these expectations). They've never been entrusted with masses of money have they?

Ashley and Mort have experienced first-hand what it's like here when results and then performances aren't up to scratch. Allardyce ran out of ideas. I hope they'll get someone used to the pressure, used to big names, spending big money (well, Mr. Souness). That points to one of the big guns.

Exactly.

What a terrible image. :lol:

You'd better get used to it, I can't imagine Harry getting better looking over the next 6 months or so he'll be in charge here.

By the end of his stint here I'd assume this is exactly how he'd appear, unfortunately :lol:.

It'd just be so difficult to have faith in the team and the board if Redknapp were to come in. He really has done very little to suggest he is a better bet than Sam. Obviously, if i were to be at Redknapp's debut i wouldn't boo him or anything daft like that, the fans as a group would have to get behind him from the off (an immediate stumbling block), but i'd certainly a lose a lot of hope.

Just cant see more than a very generous 80% of fans ever getting behind Rednapp or the likes of hughes. The whole point of sacking allardyce is a clean break to get "The Right Man". Even the most loyal and patient fans wouldnt deny through the false smiles and applause they hoped for better should a mediocre Rednapp point make his managerial debut here.

I know this sounds like a wind up question, but it is genuine....  why?

Given its fairly obvious that Redknapp would also be sacked inside of 18 months, since its unlikely he's going to do any better, why not boo him and let the owner know that he's fecked up and has to do better than that?  Getting behind him and backing the appointment will only give Ashley and Mort the delusion they have done the right thing (either in sacking Sam or in appointing Redknapp).

Given its fairly obvious that Redknapp would also be sacked inside of 18 months, since its unlikely he's going to do any better, why not boo him and let the owner know that he's fecked up and has to do better than that?  Getting behind him and backing the appointment will only give Ashley and Mort the delusion they have done the right thing (either in sacking Sam or in appointing Redknapp).

why is it fairly obvious ?

Erm... ???

In spite of the dislike, maybe we wouldn't look like a total and utter embarrassment, and maybe the team and the club would have better fortunes on the whole if we were to cheer them to the heavens every single match? Obviously, that's hypothetical and wouldn't happen, but booing would achieve the sum total of fuck all positive - getting behind the side might.

Comparison of relative records.  I think its fair to say that Redknapp's record is not better than Sam's, at best it might be classed as equivalent.  Redknapp brings no unique skill sets that are better than Sam's, he has no additional capabilities beyond those of Sam's.  So given his record isn't better, his skill set isn't better and his experience isn't better, why would anyone think he's going to be better than Sam?

Comparison of relative records.  I think its fair to say that Redknapp's record is not better than Sam's, at best it might be classed as equivalent.  Redknapp brings no unique skill sets that are better than Sam's, he has no additional capabilities beyond those of Sam's.  So given his record isn't better, his skill set isn't better and his experience isn't better, why would anyone think he's going to be better than Sam?

he has over recent seasons and who is to say what will happen when a manager form a club with "x" spending power steps up to a club with better (hopefully) spending power.

i've watched pompey and allaryces bolton/newcastle...........one of them plays football

Erm... ???

In spite of the dislike, maybe we wouldn't look like a total and utter embarrassment, and maybe the team and the club would have better fortunes on the whole if we were to cheer them to the heavens every single match? Obviously, that's hypothetical and wouldn't happen, but booing would achieve the sum total of f*** all positive - getting behind the side might.

But every new manager since SBR has been loudly cheered and supported upon appointment.  Souness was cheered because he was going to sort out the egos and get some discipline back in to the side, Roeder was cheered because he wasn't Souness who has having a nightmare, Sam was cheered because he was a dramatic improvement over Roeder.  All of them received good support when they joined, all failed.  Given a good number (including me) obviously feel Redknapp is not better than Sam, why not forget the illusions and just get across the message straight away.  Lets not look at Redknapp standing there, and start cheering him whilst secretly praying to god that a miracle might happen, knowing that's what it will take, and then being here again 6-18 months from now as we discuss the next manager to be joining us..

Guest Ridzuan

Redknapp wouldnt be so bad, at least if things are s*** we can laugh at his face

Yeah I agree.I like his 'head dance move'.I dont know why but he likes to move his head either to the right or to the left repeatedly.Whether it is some disease he's got,Im not sure,but I certainly enjoy it.

Redknapp wouldnt be so bad, at least if things are s*** we can laugh at his face

Yeah I agree.I like his 'head dance move'.I dont know why but he likes to move his head either to the right or to the left repeatedly.Whether it is some disease he's got,Im not sure,but I certainly enjoy it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know what you mean :lol: Just think how brilliant it would be if he winked with it aswell.