Who do you think it'll be ?

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we were to swap the clubs around, Portsmouth/Newcastle, i think Redknapp will have been in a very similar situation to what Allardyce was in before he was sacked. Winning a lot of games and doing reasonably well on the face of it... but not scored at home in five games.

He'd be on wafer thin ice.

This is the main worry. He'd get even less patience than Allardyce, I reckon.

If we were to swap the clubs around, Portsmouth/Newcastle, i think Redknapp will have been in a very similar situation to what Allardyce was in before he was sacked. Winning a lot of games and doing reasonably well on the face of it... but not scored at home in five games.

Bingo!

Then we'll have pissed away some serious time and cash.

Bingo!

But who will get more patience and is an attainable target?

Unless the likes of Shearer, Keegan, Robson or Mourinho are interested/up to the job then it's going to be the same story for everyone.

What needs to happen is an instant visible improvement in attitude and performance from the players, some big results against the better teams and signs that we're heading in the right direction, this becomes more imperative the less popular a managerial choice is.

Bingo!

But who will get more patience and is an attainable target?

Unless the likes of Shearer, Keegan, Robson or Mourinho are interested/up to the job then it's going to be the same story for everyone.

What needs to happen is an instant visible improvement in attitude and performance from the players, some big results against the better teams and signs that we're heading in the right direction, this becomes more imperative the less popular a managerial choice is.

If the big names are unattainable then we've fucked ourselves royally up the arse. I'm talking as if the rumours are true and Redknapp is the man Mort and Ashley desperately want to give all their cash to, which is ludicrous imo.

You're exactly right, if we can't get those people then we're back to the same old story and we should have kept Allardyce.

Guest smarty2006

Surely Ashley has someone like Lippi/Jose, cant see any other reason to boot Sam so soon?

Talk about disappointing if it turns out to be Hughes,  Redknapp or shudder to the thought F@#kin McClaren!!!

Guest MrSundlofer

Surely Ashley has someone like Lippi/Jose, cant see any other reason to boot Sam so soon?

True! And why sack him 3 days after our last game? Why not yesterday? Hopefully a new better manager in their hands...

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

The dread signals came that it would be Roeder, The dread signals came it would be Allardyce, now the dread signals waft Redknapp .

yep another season in the dumps (as if it already wasn't)! one can only hope we have a real talent coming in given the abruptness of the sacking but i......doubt it.

morinho is the only man that can turn this ship around.

benitez wouldn't be bad either

The dread signals came that it would be Roeder, The dread signals came it would be Allardyce, now the dread signals waft Redknapp .

MON was a dead cert but he didnt come here.

Some of the names being mentioned have been pretty scarey but i dont believe anything the media says, even the likes of Sky or Setanta make a lot of shite up. Im praying that Mort and Ashley have/will atleast offer the job to the top managers first, if we get knocked back then lower the bar a bit but i'll b disgusted if we dont even sound out these top managers.

IMO a manager has agreed to come to Newcastle and it must be a top manager, looking at the facts:

It was pretty out of the blue

They let SA do a press conference at 5pm and then by 6pm he was gone

He was talking about transfers and we had even enquired about a player

Mort gave his backing recently

To me all that suggests a manager has been sounded out and the board want him in asap so they can back him in the transfer window, i only hope their idea of a top manager is the same as ours.

althou i dont want Redknapp i think a few people are being quite harsh on him, he aint that bad. He has done a good job at Pompey, they play good football and from what i have heard his football contacts are very good.

Guest Toongaboom

Keith Armstrong:

British/Finnish dual-nationality football manager and former player. He most recently managed the Veikkausliiga club HJK Helsinki, and is an avid supporter of his former hometown club Newcastle. In 1997, he was offered a post at FC Haka, which he accepted, getting the club promoted from the Ykkönen and winning three league championships in a row with the Valkeakoski team. He received the Manager of the Year award in 2000, after Haka's second subsequent title.

In late 2001, he was signed by HJK, propelling the team to a league championship in 2002 and a league and cup double in 2003. In 2004, however, the club finished in the mid-table. In 2006 Armstrong received his second Manager of the Year award and lead HJK to second on league. He was sacked in September 2007.

ATTACK! ATTACK!

As you asked who we thought it WOULD be, rather than who each poster wanted, I cannot give a realistic answer. I have already said that my choice would be Mowbray from WBA, but there is almost NO chance of him leaving there at this stage - they are likely to win Promotion to the Prem and the club would be unlikely to agree to him going...also, he has only been there for 15 months.

I also said that I didn't think Mort & Ashley would fire Allardyce until they had a proper replacement lined up or until the end of the season ; well, he HAS gone, so we can only hope that someone is lined up - clearly, they are not going to start until after this week-end, as Pearson is in charge at OT...

The other option is that they HAVE someone lined-up and this person cannot come until next season - and we all know who THAT could be..if that is the case, we may well see a caretaker brought in to keep the club up - I am fairly sure we will get stuffed at OT ; Fergie will want to do his old mate a favour and we need to get out of this losing streak quickly.

Interesting times ahead, but I'm not surprised that he has gone - thought it would be May, though.

Mowbray would be top shout if we have to go British, still prefer some one like Houllier myself.