Who do you think it'll be ?

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think about it  ... the star of the season has been Sven right? Last coached a domestic team in Italy, wears glasses, 61 yrs old, grey hair.

The closest thing is Lippi who shares the exact same characteristics! He is available and so we won't have to pay anyone for their manager, and he is a world class manager who is loking to get back into football.

Check out these quotes from the man himself ...

“I’m ready, willing and enthusiastic to coach in England even though I know that people mistakenly say I can´t speak English.

“What such people forget is that football is multi-lingual every major club has players from many different countries and I can speak enough English and French as well as Italian."

Well he was name dropped by Oliver so it's possible. I was under the impression that he'd ruled out managing in England for some reason.

That was from last summer when he was linked with Chelsea if Mourinho left. He definitely wants to come to England.

The top four are set managerially and with Sven's success with City, who were in as bad a shape as we were, I could see Lippi being interested. We have a wealthy new owner just like City do and so I think more people will feel optimistic about managing us and having the same impact Sven has at City.

I feel like I've stepped into the twilight zone. Why would Lippi turn down Chelsea but come here? Why would Mourinho come here? Argh my brain. I think I need to lie down and prepare for the inevitable appointment of the ginger t*** with the umbrella being unveiled tomorrow.

Where are those quotes from by the way?

When do we thinkt this will be announced? I'm not sure I can manage another fortnight or whatever of speculation.

Within 10 days iyam. Makes even less sense if the new guy can't at least make some use of the transfer window.

I'm going to put my knackers on the line here.

The whole scenario we've witnessed recently leads me to believe there's something magical happening.

It might not be Mourinho, but I'm hoping it won't be as much as a comedown as McClaren, Hughes or Redknapp.

Call me crazy, but I want it to be someone of the stature/CV of Mourinho, but if it has to be British then it has to be Shearer... or Keegan.

I'm going to put my knackers on the line here.

The whole scenario we've witnessed recently leads me to believe there's something magical happening.

It might not be Mourinho, but I'm hoping it won't be as much as a comedown as McClaren, Hughes or Redknapp.

Call me crazy, but I want it to be someone of the stature/CV of Mourinho, but if it has to be British then it has to be Shearer... or Keegan.

wouldn't be at all surprised if keegan was brought back in to the fold but not as manager

I've just stuck 200 notes against Redknapp on Betfair, I get £320 back providing he ain't appointed. That's how fucking sure I am Ashley and Mort can't be that fucking dumb. I hope to hell i'm right.

Think about it  ... the star of the season has been Sven right? Last coached a domestic team in Italy, wears glasses, 61 yrs old, grey hair.

The closest thing is Lippi who shares the exact same characteristics! He is available and so we won't have to pay anyone for their manager, and he is a world class manager who is loking to get back into football.

Check out these quotes from the man himself ...

“I’m ready, willing and enthusiastic to coach in England even though I know that people mistakenly say I can´t speak English.

“What such people forget is that football is multi-lingual every major club has players from many different countries and I can speak enough English and French as well as Italian."

Well he was name dropped by Oliver so it's possible. I was under the impression that he'd ruled out managing in England for some reason.

That was from last summer when he was linked with Chelsea if Mourinho left. He definitely wants to come to England.

The top four are set managerially and with Sven's success with City, who were in as bad a shape as we were, I could see Lippi being interested. We have a wealthy new owner just like City do and so I think more people will feel optimistic about managing us and having the same impact Sven has at City.

I feel like I've stepped into the twilight zone. Why would Lippi turn down Chelsea but come here? Why would Mourinho come here? Argh my brain. I think I need to lie down and prepare for the inevitable appointment of the ginger t*** with the umbrella being unveiled tomorrow.

Where are those quotes from by the way?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article30682.ece

Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed to worry about hiring Droopy.

Me an all. I will say a prayer to the football gods that a certain debonair Portuguese gent in a flasher's mac is installed at SJP during the night.

Apparently Redknapp's odds have been slashed to 2 to 1 on from 12 to 1, someone's put £275,000 on him being appointed.  :frantic:

Could be Ashley. :lol:

Atleast we'd be £5,500,000 richer.

Barton? :laugh: