Who do you think it'll be ?

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't see us attracting any manager of reputation half way through the season. Not in our present state anyway. I'm also a bit fed up of the Messiah-Manager complex which we seem to get into on a regular basis.

I think it'll be Pearson till the end of the season. If he does well, I'd give him the job permanently. If not, just go for the best available man and take it from there.

Surely sarcasm.

Jol.

Spurs became a top six club under him and he brought a lot of young promising players in. Hopefully if he comes to Newcastle he'll do the same.

Two 5th places followed by his departure when the team was in the bottom 3.  Anyway, with your ownership and his associates, there is absolutely no way Jol would get offered the job (imho).

Agree.

What you reckon Klinsmann?

Klinsmann is said to be in a business venture with one of the scousers' American owners, so if he is going to leave California to manage over here, I think it would be if the Americans ditch Rafa in the summer.  I've put my money on 'Arry and I've heard nothing to make me feel less confident tbh.

Won't be 'Arry.

Based on what? He's surely the favourite for the job.

Flying to Newcastle tonight (SSN)

Really?

No, he's just being a dicknose.

Edit: Watford have however rejected a £4m bid for Marlon King from Fulham however.

Won't be 'Arry.

Really?

Aye, check the pompey forums.

Won't be 'Arry.

Really?

Edit: Watford have however rejected a £4m bid for Marlon King from Fulham however.

£4m? :lol:

That'd be £10m on Kamara and King. What was it i was saying about a race for 20th? That almost rivals Sunderland for their £11m Chopra/Jones circus act.

the only people i would be genuinly excited about inside would be shearer, keegan, mourinho or one of the other big name foreign managers, anyone else might do a job, but it wouldnt excite me. i want a manager that would do a job, is passionate about it, will talk to the fans throught the media and plays good winning football.

Doesn't make any sense to dump Allardyce to replace him with anything but a top class manager.

Think that Ashley is an ambitious guy.

So that's my guess.

Pray to God I'm not wrong.

Completely agree with you.

But if Allardyce and Ashley got some kind of burst up then maybe Ashley doesnt have a clue who to appoint now.

So he might do the mistake and appoint someone like Redknapp who is no better then Allardyce.

Guest criminalz

I really hope the board appoint someone better. I cant see any other british manager better than the one we just sacked. If he is going to appoint harry or mark, he better pray he does not sit next to me for the next game. I am going to bitch slap him.

I really hope the board appoint someone better. I cant see any other british manager better than the one we just sacked. If he is going to appoint harry or mark, he better pray he does not sit next to me for the next game. I am going to bitch slap him.

Yeah, Criminalz up in this piece, yo!  "Oi Ashely, me not 'avin dis new appointment yo made, ya herd! Me'z about ta bitch slap ya....  Booyakasha!"

Won't be 'Arry.

Really?

£4m? :lol:

That'd be £10m on Kamara and King. What was it i was saying about a race for 20th? That almost rivals Sunderland for their £11m Chopra/Jones circus act.

I'd have King here no hesitation if we could get rid of Ameobi.

The speculation about Mark Hughes is rife amongst Blackburn fans - they've been waiting for something like this to happen since Ashley took over apparently. Or so says my Blackburn supporting workmate.

I can't see it being Harry - not unless Ashley and Mort want a full on mong fest insurgency outside SJP chanting "Burn the cockney bastard at the stake!"