Who do you think it'll be ?

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It'd be a fair scheme really wouldn't it. :lol:

Sack Sam - need to pay him off.

Sign Harry - need to pay for him.

Wait till the betting odds increase a bit then launch a mega-bet.

Pay for Sam and Harry.

:D

Guest torontoon

Provided we don't drop into the relegation zone we're going to get a caretaker manager until the end of this season, therefore no transfers in this window. I don't believe Mort has anyone new ready to take over, so all this talk of who will take over is moot!

It'd be a fair scheme really wouldn't it. :lol:

Sack Sam - need to pay him off.

Sign Harry - need to pay for him.

Wait till the betting odds increase a bit then launch a mega-bet.

Pay for Sam and Harry.

:D

spookily harry has disappeared off oddschecker and mourinho has came into 10's from 16's.

don't think the bookies have a real clue and are reacting to bets placed (betfair may be skewing the odds as some may bet on and lay off)

Guest Peter.Sthlm

I've got a feeling it will be Hughes so I'll say Mark Hughes then. But I really do hope for a foreinger with a proven record.

Provided we don't drop into the relegation zone we're going to get a caretaker manager until the end of this season, therefore no transfers in this window. I don't believe Mort has anyone new ready to take over, so all this talk of who will take over is moot!

Hiddink in the summer after Euros!  :celb:

Sorry. Drunk.

Man i think it's Redknapp ...

Redknapp has been strongly linked with both Diarra and Brown hasn't he?

Didn't the guy who is Fletcher's friend say Brown was in talks with Portsmouth ... maybe it was Harry talking to him for Newcastle?

???

I'm off to bed now.

"spookily harry has disappeared off oddschecker and mourinho has came into 10's from 16's.

don't think the bookies have a real clue and are reacting to bets placed (betfair may be skewing the odds as some may bet on and lay off)"

I think you might be right but also spookily it looks like the betting's been suspended on the Paddy Power site.

"spookily harry has disappeared off oddschecker and mourinho has came into 10's from 16's.

don't think the bookies have a real clue and are reacting to bets placed (betfair may be skewing the odds as some may bet on and lay off)"

I think you might be right but also spookily it looks like the betting's been suspended on the Paddy Power site.

it's already been covered about suspended betting...it happens when bookies get a sustained run of bets on one option or a big out of the ordinary bet....betting was suspended on dave jones and glenn hoddle becoming nufc manager a while back

Hughes, i'd almost be satisfied with. It'd still be pretty pointless but i think Hughes is a good manager.

Redknapp though. He's done fuck all as a manager to suggest he'll take us to the Top 6, never mind accomplish Ashley's supposed targets. (I'm not saying Hughes especially does, he's just the lesser of several evils). And he's a grimy cockney twat.

Hughes has done nothing to impress me, no different to Souness, has blackburn playing some good attacking football, but has been inconsistent this season. Doesnt have the character or tactical noose to manage this club or the crap that comes with it.

Rednapp wont get us higher than 6th. Really dislike the guy. But he is good on a small budget I suppose. Dont see why he would want to come tbh, but its harder finding an answers as to why I would like him here.

Hughes has done nothing to impress me, no different to Souness, has blackburn playing some good attacking football, but has been inconsistent this season. Doesnt have the character or tactical noose to manage this club or the crap that comes with it.

Probably not. :undecided:

Chances of it being Redknapp are negligible imo. He's settled at Pompey and he's got them punching way above their weight. There's no way he'll leave all that and uproot his family 350 miles North.

Hughes is an option I suppose but I'd be surprised if he left Blackburn for us. Wouldn't be much of an upgrade for us.

McClaren is out of the question. The negative publicity he attracted whilst failing miserably with England means he won't get another job at a big club for the rest of his career.

Got a feeling it's a biggie tbh. :)

I'd be reasonably happy with Redknapp or Hughes tbh.

Do you think they are worth the hassle of sacking Allardyce then? I don't.

I know they both seem to play better football, but are they any more qualified to take this job? Will they deal with the expectations better? Will they be able to change their spending habits and bring in the likes that we desire? I'm not so sure.

I think you've asked the biggest questions there Dave, and I'm delighted to see some potential optimism in Baggio, but I think out of anyone that Redknapp would revel if supplied with the right funds. For as much as the bloke is a Cockney wheeler-dealer, he's signed some fucking decent players when he's been backed with any sort of cash.

I'm trying to think of some major flops of his while at Portsmouth, and I'm struggling. EDIT: Bar the funny business with Nugent, of course!

I have to add, as well, that I was drooling over them (after I'd shouted and bawled a bit) when they came to SJP. They looked like a hell of a team.

My major worry with Redknapp would be the unpopularity of him up here.

I think you've asked the biggest questions there Dave, and I'm delighted to see some potential optimism in Baggio, but I think out of anyone that Redknapp would revel if supplied with the right funds. For as much as the bloke is a Cockney wheeler-dealer, he's signed some f****** decent players when he's been backed with any sort of cash.

I'm trying to think of some major flops of his while at Portsmouth, and I'm struggling.

We would be guaranteed to have some lovely players to watch that's for sure.

He brought Yakubu in from Israel didn't he?

Also got D'Alessandro in on loan which was just crazy!

Nugent

Aye, just remembered that and done a bit of digging:

In a post-match press conference following a Carling Cup game in which Nugent scored his first goal, Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp stated Nugent would be free to leave the club if the right offer came in to help fund a move for more players; however, Nugent stated he wanted to stay at Portsmouth and he went on to score his first competitive goal against Leeds United in the Carling Cup

Supports Caulkin's theory in tomorrow's Times about him being pissed off at a lack of funds from Gaydamak down there.