The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It wouldn't be a bad appointment, just not the one the fans want.

I like his style of football and he's a good talent spotter, i'd just prefer someone else.

Bit of a meh signing, exactly what this club doesn't need.

Edit: I didn't even see the meh option until i posted.  :laugh:

Haven't read the thread. Who are the mofo ITK's?

Someone(s) of Skunkers.

I can't belive this can be true. If it is Ashley clearly hasn't thought through the Sammy Dice sacking and this is him just panicking and phoning his mates with blank cheque books. Dissapointing if true.

Guest Knightrider

Main site votes:

Vote

Who do you want as manager of Newcastle United?

* Jose Mourinho (50%)

* Kevin Keegan (9%)

* Other (Who?) (9%)

* Alan Shearer (7%)

* Jurgen Klinsmann (7%)

* Martin Jol (5%)

* Gerard Houllier (4%)

* Harry Redknapp (3%)

* Steve McLaren (3%)

* Mark Hughes (2%)

* Terry Venables (0%)

Total Votes: 822

Not only are we planning on employing everyone involved in the bung scandal, but we seem to be going through the full list of footballers in trouble with the police.

I propose we buy some of our old stars back and a couple of new faces:

Hoult

Solano - Bramble - Woodgate - Bernard

Dyer - Bowyer - Barton - Duff

Kluivert - Bellamy

Bench: Faye, Solano, Ferguson, Acuna and get Lee Hughes in from Oldham.

Boss: Harry Redknapp

Assistant: Tony Adams (organises the Christmas party too)

You should start worrying when Adams drives the team bus to and from the Christmas party!! :lol:

Guest elbee909

Someone(s) of Skunkers.

I can't belive this can be true. If it is Ashley clearly hasn't thought through the Sammy Dice sacking and this is him just panicking and phoning his mates with blank cheque books. Dissapointing if true.

Sounds like a betting scam to me...

Not only are we planning on employing everyone involved in the bung scandal, but we seem to be going through the full list of footballers in trouble with the police.

I propose we buy some of our old stars back and a couple of new faces:

Hoult

Solano - Bramble - Woodgate - Bernard

Dyer - Bowyer - Barton - Duff

Kluivert - Bellamy

Bench: Faye, Solano, Ferguson, Acuna and get Lee Hughes in from Oldham.

Boss: Harry Redknapp

Assistant: Tony Adams (organises the Christmas party too)

You should start worrying when Adams drives the team bus to and from the Christmas party!! :lol:

That's probably a funny joke on a spuds forum.

Guest Knightrider

Someone(s) of Skunkers.

*laughs*

Someone(s) of Skunkers.

*laughs*

However I've heard a lot of good things about Joe Jordan as a coach.

Yeah I agree that Redknappy is a decent manager, and i would have taken him over SA.

Problem is, he will need to improve performances immediately, cos if the majority of fans arent happy with the signing (which it looks like) then he faces a hard hard task. Get someone in who everyone likes, and its a bit easier.

We have a hard seasons-end, and he wont have much time to bring in new faces. Would still expect he can improve us though.

Someone(s) of Skunkers.

*laughs*

However I've heard a lot of good things about Joe Jordan as a coach.

Aye thats who I wanted to either get the Scotland job or be involved with the set up...

Someone(s) of Skunkers.

On the contrary, I reckon this has been the plan all along, just a case of picking the right moment.  Personally, assuming it does happen, I think Newcastle could be starting on their most successful spell since Keegan's days........... and Keegan only got close to winning things.  With money available I think Redknapp is a winner.

Fuck it, people already think our expectations are too high, we're not willing to give people a chance etc so we've nowt to lose anyway.  If it is him, Harry Out chants and banners at the first match, brick his plane when it lands and hoss rotten fruit at the unveiling.  Saves us doing it 6 months and however many million it will be down the line.  If we go all out we can have him scuttling back down south within a week so it's not like starting again from square one.

Fuck it, people already think our expectations are too high, we're not willing to give people a chance etc so we've nowt to lose anyway.  If it is him, Harry Out chants and banners at the first match, brick his plane when it lands and hoss rotten fruit at the unveiling.  Saves us doing it 6 months and however many million it will be down the line.  If we go all out we can have him scuttling back down south within a week so it's not like starting again from square one.

Greet him in your dressing gown and flash your goldfish shirt at him when he lands, i doubt we'll see him again.

O0

Greet him in your dressing gown and flash your goldfish shirt at him when he lands, i doubt we'll see him again.

O0

:lol:

O0

:lol:

mackems.gif

Someone(s) of Skunkers.

On the contrary, I reckon this has been the plan all along, just a case of picking the right moment.  Personally, assuming it does happen, I think Newcastle could be starting on their most successful spell since Keegan's days........... and Keegan only got close to winning things.  With money available I think Redknapp is a winner.

Give me an idea what you're basing this on? I'm not arguing I just want to see what you think.

O0

bluelaugh.gif

Guest Knightrider

(If true) It would perhaps explain why we went through with the Tozer deal as Pompey were one of the other teams competing for his signature...

And Diarra...

And African players like Martins.