The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

some hope - they've took it off the ticker already.

Can imagine their researcher getting off the phone.  "Thanks for that info, mysterious caller!  Now what's your name, for the record... ah.  William Hill.  I seeeee..."

i hope this is like the swoop for SWP they broke with for about 5 mins then quietly dropped, or the flash about hitzfeld flying into the toon only for the same people to rubbish the story half an hour later.

Not really sure who people expected us to REALISTICALLY get when demanding Big Sam to go..

That said iam not convinced its a done deal with redknapp, his odds on betfair are up on 24hrs ago, was 1.59 this time last night and 2.02 now. normally people i the know pile on at odds like that.

Price dropped to 1.7 after that on sky sports news, was probs just a scam to lay there bets off. :shifty:

Guest Knightrider

Similar manager to Allardyce but with a better style of football I guess.

Myth this attacking football. He likes 4-5-1 and the long ball.

I think the anti-Redknapp stuff is over the top. We had no chance with Lippi or Mourinho. There is ambitious and then there is living in a reality distortion field. I think Redknapp is better than Sam, better signings, better football at least. Some people are acting like its Mclaren or Venables.

I'm not thrilled but I'll give him a shot if it turns out to be true.

Good post.

I'm not sure how anyone who's sat through the absolute shite that Allardyce has served up this season can think of it as a step backwards, I expect him to turn us into an entertaining team and have a fair bit of money to spend in the process, he's got my support.

I think the anti-Redknapp stuff is over the top. We had no chance with Lippi or Mourinho. There is ambitious and then there is living in a reality distortion field. I think Redknapp is better than Sam, better signings, better football at least. Some people are acting like its Mclaren or Venables.

Good post.

I'm not sure how anyone who's sat through the absolute shite that Allardyce has served up this season can think of it as a step backwards, I expect him to turn us into an entertaining team and have a fair bit of money to spend in the process, he's got my support.

Don't think it's a step backwards, just not the step forwards I wanted.

Good post.

If you ever want to break the cycle I suppose it has to start with the fans no point saying they will be a failure before they have had a game in charge I mean that in a general sense not just this potential appointment.

:lol:

Hope those that were quick to get on Allardyce's back are satisfied with their handy work. To Big Sam what Roeder was to Souness.

Your acting like a sulking little child.

Half of people on here didn't want Allardyce majority forced him out.  ridiculous imo, we are officially a laughing stock to nation and around europe.

now your going to start this useless chairman shit on us too give redknapp 6 games and it would be 'get him out'.

supporters of newcastle barring small minority have something missing.

we are not a top team.  we don't 'deserve' to be in europe.

Guest Pavel Is A Geordie

Good post.

I'm not sure how anyone who's sat through the absolute s**** that Allardyce has served up this season can think of it as a step backwards, I expect him to turn us into an entertaining team and have a fair bit of money to spend in the process, he's got my support.

Exactly. Chizzletooth has put it much better than I did. Of course I'd rather have a bigger, better manager but I don't think it's as big as a disaster as everyone's making it out to be.

Agree 100%

rednapp basically is a clone of venebles, a bent money laundering decent manager

Bit far. Venables is a charlatan, hasnt been a decent manager since the 80's if ever. Redknapp has at least built 2 good sides in his time.

Agree 100%

rednapp basically is a clone of venebles, a bent money laundering decent manager

Except Venables bears no resemblance to a drunk catfish.Seriously though,we have to support whoever comes no matter how much of a crooked,non BBC communicating,cockney spiv cunt he is.

I ain't that fussed I have always liked the teams he has put out, even that Southampton team that went down with Phillips,Crouch & Camara (?) upfront played well.

I have always been in the camp who ever comes in I will support & have done this.  Even If we got Peter Reid I would support him once he got the job.

I feel this way too. I'll support him, i think he could be a Keegan clone for us to be honest, his football will dfinitely win over the fans.

Guest Knightrider

Similar manager to Allardyce but with a better style of football I guess.

Myth this attacking football. He likes 4-5-1 and the long ball.

This season aye, in SOME games. Everytime they or West Ham visited SJP they were negative and played shite lie down football. He's reputation far exceeds his ability and the facts. Just look at his CV man.

He's shite and we're shite.

Ashley throwing his money at it is no difference to Freddy Shepherd with his shite managers.

Having seen Muntari, Krancjar, Utaka & Benjani this season, I beg to differ.

He ain't coming. I know if I say it often enough it will come true.