The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The coverage on Sky has literally got me punch drunk......if you watch Sky long enought, it takes over your mind, makes you feel light headed and all thoughts become somewhat irrational. 48 hours ago I did not want Shearer whatsoever but then never expected Redknapp to be the 'favourite' either. Now I'd have Shearer.....that's how punch drunk I am now. Can't believe Redknapp is the best we can do. Surely......

Guest neesy111

New SSN Headline

Not We Expect To Make an Approach

But That We Haven't Made One

I'm suspecting someone has been putting these on a wild goose chase ;D

New SSN Headline

Not We Expect To Make an Approach

But That We Haven't Made One

I'm suspecting someone has been putting these on a wild goose chase ;D

If it's been a wild goose chase to lower expectations then it's worked a treat, I would have been livid with Shearer or Keegan yesterday.  At this rate I'll be celebrating McClaren's appointment.

Guest elbee909

gutted if we get him imho we should be looking a lot higher

Realistically who would you have?

If Citeh can get Sven, that's the minimum calibre of manager we should be looking at. Assuming we are aiming for European football once more, it'd be nice to have someone with a little experience of it.

If Citeh can get Sven, that's the minimum calibre of manager we should be looking at. Assuming we are aiming for European football once more, it'd be nice to have someone with a little experience of it.

...again it comes down to ambition, research and selling th club in the correct manner.

There seems a slim chance it might not be Nappy.

...of course it might then be McClown.

Waiting with baited breath.

Guest neesy111

Notice how they are keep retracting now SSN

it was first this morning, then today now they don't have a clue

Aye,

"We're expecting Harrry in the North East later today"

to

"He's left the training ground, could he be heading to Newcastle?"

to

"No-one knows where he is, he's probably at home laughing at us"

i think if anything doesn't happen today then it won't be Harry

Aye but this place would have been filled with similar crap if we'd appointed Sven straight after England.

Considering part of the deal is to allow him to stay in the south coast and commute, where is the ***** point ?

To say his heart wouldn't be in the job, but would be in it for MONEY MONEY MONEY is an understatement.

Aye but this place would have been filled with similar crap if we'd appointed Sven straight after England.

Plenty on here wanted Allardyce over Sven at the time tbh.

...again it comes down to ambition, research and selling th club in the correct manner.

City is the one example I don't think anyone can argue with. Spurs less so because they were in a false position when they sacked Jol and always have the bright lights of London.

But City were going nowhere just like we are. They finished 14th last year. A mid-table team with a couple of good players, but with 'no chance' of attracting a world renowned manager like Sven-Goran Eriksson. They got rich, new ownership and got in a manager lots of people mocked but all knew was of top class calibre. They now look set for good things.

We need to try the same.

For some reason I don't think its him. I think the new guys do things different than the former ones.Hence they won't link all this sortof information for the press. The source who say brisith and everything just used it as a smoke screen.

Plenty on here wanted Allardyce over Sven at the time tbh.

I didn't - I went on record as saying Big Sam would be a disaster and was shot at because of it, too.

I also was horrified at the signing of Alan Smith - and was sniped at by (amongst others) Gemmill because of it

That said, I also thought Barton would be a great aquisition, so it's not all right right right..... :rolleyes:

Notice how they are keep retracting now SSN

it was first this morning, then today now they don't have a clue

Aye,

"We're expecting Harrry in the North East later today"

to

"He's left the training ground, could he be heading to Newcastle?"

to

"No-one knows where he is, he's probably at home laughing at us"

i think if anything doesn't happen today then it won't be Harry

If there wasn't anything in it there'd have been a denial by now, it's not doing Redknapps reputation much good with the Portsmouth fans.

City is the one example I don't think anyone can argue with. Spurs less so because they were in a false position when they sacked Jol and always have the bright lights of London.

But City were going nowhere just like we are. They finished 14th last year. A mid-table team with a couple of good players, but with 'no chance' of attracting a world renowned manager like Sven-Goran Eriksson. They got rich, new ownership and got in a manager lots of people mocked but all knew was of top class calibre. They now look set for good things.

We need to try the same.

Well, I suppose we could wait until the next time a world-class manager ruins his reputation by catastrophically failing at the England job.

Capello in 2 years?  :celb:

Guest Mucky01

if it is Harry there needs to be contract negotiations with agents and pompey which would cause a delay because of legal implications for all parties and for geographic travel implications, et al.

Plus if we get knocked back then there is all the pride hurt for us and whoever is not first choice that we go for next.