The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How the fuck would they know?  They probably said Martin O'Neill was a cert.  It ain't over till the (new) fat guy sings.

Hope you're right. It's obviously something from the morning's papers they are reporting.

any mug in london can pick up the next morning's papers from about 8:30pm at marble arch so if that were true they'd have reported it a lot earlier.

Maybe they've been rooting around with sources for the story. Would add up with that Skunkers ITK tbh.

true. strangely enough looking at the paper backpages a lot of them are talking about this jet thing so they may well all be getting it from the same source (hopefully a shit one).

Ashley's is apparently offering his private jet for him to use so he doesn't have to move from home.

Fuk off man, fly in Jose and let him live in London or Portugal, not this shit.

Total side step, no better no worse than SA for me.

Guest elbee909

Well I'd be pretty happy with Harry Redknapp.

Has always got his teams playing good, entertaining football that have a go both home and away. Seems a canny enough bloke and knows the transfer market inside out. Got West Ham into Europe, albeit through the Intertoto Cup and spent well with the money he's had at Portsmouth. Despite Ashley's millions, we're never going to get the likes of Mourinho and this, in my opinion, is a decent realistic appointment.

I appreciate I'm very much in the minority here though!

What did he do at Southampton?

Ashley's is apparently offering his private jet for him to use so he doesn't have to move from home.

Fuk off man, fly in Jose and let him live in London or Portugal, not this shit.

Total side step, no better no worse than SA for me.

It's unreal.

I think the anti-Redknapp stuff is over the top. We had no chance with Lippi or Mourinho. There is ambitious and then there is living in a reality distortion field. I think Redknapp is better than Sam, better signings, better football at least. Some people are acting like its Mclaren or Venables.

I'm not thrilled but I'll give him a shot if it turns out to be true.

Just seen this as the breaking news. Not good news i dont think he comes with even more baggage than sam (isnt harry currently on bail) and he just doesnt seem to be a long term manager (maybe thats a good thing with our club) far better manages available who arent at clubs who i would trust more to win something with better football than we've had. My guess is august 2009 we'll be after another manager. Not happy with this one at all.

Was it the Times that had on their back page that it's going to cost us £9MILLION to sack Sam and get Harry? Bloody hell, that'd better be rubbish.

£2.5m to get Harry out of his job, so we paid of SA £6.5m, no wonder the cunt was smug.

Lets hope Portsmouth take SA on, and they'll have to pay us compo.

I think the anti-Redknapp stuff is over the top. We had no chance with Lippi or Mourinho. There is ambitious and then there is living in a reality distortion field. I think Redknapp is better than Sam, better signings, better football at least. Some people are acting like its Mclaren or Venables.

Agree 100%

Guest elbee909

some hope - they've took it off the ticker already.

Can imagine their researcher getting off the phone.  "Thanks for that info, mysterious caller!  Now what's your name, for the record... ah.  William Hill.  I seeeee..."

Fair post. My worry is that many may not.

My socks are offically blown off.

:laugh:

Joke is on us.

So what happened to that bit about building the organization from the ground up? Long term plans. You know, building a class organization.

SHIT SHIT SHIT.

I was assuming that Ashley had his shit together. That he wouldn't repeat the same mistakes made in the previous regime-- firing managers midseason. To

do something that insane--I thought--means that he must have a big name lined up. Wrong again.

So much for new beginnings. Same shit.

Guest elbee909

If Redknapp is the reality then pump me full of whatever substances it took to come to the decision that he'd be a good choice, really.

I ain't that fussed I have always liked the teams he has put out, even that Southampton team that went down with Phillips,Crouch & Camara (?) upfront played well.

I have always been in the camp who ever comes in I will support & have done this.  Even If we got Peter Reid I would support him once he got the job.

Not my choice either, and things could of looked better. But who knows what this will turn out to be? Maube goes much better than we ever would of imagined.

As long as we play entertaining football i will be alot happier than before.

Guest Pavel Is A Geordie

Has always got his teams playing good, entertaining football that have a go both home and away. Seems a canny enough bloke and knows the transfer market inside out. Got West Ham into Europe, albeit through the Intertoto Cup and spent well with the money he's had at Portsmouth. Despite Ashley's millions, we're never going to get the likes of Mourinho and this, in my opinion, is a decent realistic appointment.

Not a great job, admittedly, although the club had been an unstable sinking ship for quite some time before he took over. The reigns of Paul Sturrock and Steve Wigley were far from impressive.

Guest Knightrider

Not a great job, admittedly, although the club had been an unstable sinking ship for quite some time before he took over. The reigns of Paul Sturrock and Steve Wigley were far from impressive.

Sounds familiar...

Agree 100%

rednapp basically is a clone of venebles, a bent money laundering decent manager