The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObaStar

the article made it sound like harry was demanding a private jet to work. not that it was being offered. I find that really unlikely. He always seems so unspoiled and no nonsense. If it was Jose wanting a private jet i wud beileve it. I would give jose a fucking piggybak ride to wrok everyday if thats wat it took for him to come.

Offerring Redknapp a private jet to work....How f****** mad is that? Seriously you couldn't make it up.

In fairness, yes you could

...if it said he was getting a Royal Navy nuclear sub to work (and I believe that was offerred as an alternaltive) then you might have a point.  :razz:

Offerring Redknapp a private jet to work....How f****** mad is that? Seriously you couldn't make it up.

In fairness, yes you could

...if it said he was getting a Royal Navy nuclear sub to work (and I believe that was offerred as an alternaltive) then you might have a point.  :razz:

Maybe this is a brilliant ruse by Harry's agent to get his man a payrise?

"5m nicker oi tell ya Mr Chairman, 5m nicker!  And to top it all off 'e only wants to chuck in a bleedin' private jet!  A PRIVATE JET! If you want 'Arry to stay, you'll have to do better than that!"

Genuinely think Ashley's made a massive rick in going for Redknapp.

He's not a bad manager by any stretch but he's a wheeler-dealer. A loaner and a scrimping and scratching about manager. Which is fine and he's done remarkably well at Portsmouth........but he's not a 'spender'. I very much doubt he'll attract the quality we all want up here. If Ashley's going to splash out big style then why go for Redknapp.

He should have gone for the fillet steak but he's chosen fucking SPAM fritters.  :undecided:

Genuinely think Ashley's made a massive rick in going for Redknapp.

He's not a bad manager by any stretch but he's a wheeler-dealer. A loaner and a scrimping and scratching about manager. Which is fine and he's done remarkably well at Portsmouth........but he's not a 'spender'. I very much doubt he'll attract the quality we all want up here. If Ashley's going to splash out big style then why go for Redknapp.

He should have gone for the fillet steak but he's chosen f****** SPAM fritters.  :undecided:

he fucks spam fritters?

please god not harry, not anyone else from britain! in knew allerdice was not the man all along but get someone decent, mourinho please after all what 100 million on tranfers to mike??? like 50p to me and you! small change.

please not harry,not hughes and not shearer

"He has a plan," Kemsley said of Ashley. "I spoke to him this morning in Hong Kong, where he is on business. He is at the top of his game and he is passionate about Newcastle and will give them all backing. If I was a Newcastle fan, I would be very excited.

"That man will deliver. There is no question there will be more money. Mike has cleaned up the accounts and it is in the best financial shape it has been in for a while.

"This love affair which he has with this club happened a lot quicker than he ever thought. He has felt the warmth. He has been made to feel very welcome up there. The point he made to me was: 'People talk about managers being given time. Well, what about giving me time?'

"He hasn't even had a window to work in yet. This is the first one and we know it is a difficult window to work in because no one wants to sell their best players. He is very committed."

He's nuts if that's something he's concerned with. Appoint the right man, give him some cash then give him some time.

It seems he's got his heart in the right place, similar to Fred I might add. And that quote makes him sound like Fred as well.

But not Harry fucking Redknapp!

Fucking hell, im completely in an out here, one second im really positive thinkin that the good times might be back and with a massive warchest we could finally be rising out the ashes, the next minute im thinking "then what?" as in, fine its unfair to say that with a decent war chest and a good football style we might get back into Europe, but (a) would we do it consitently and (b) is Redknapp actually the man to take us further.

Add to the fact all this supposed malarky about private jets and £5m per year crap and im truly flabbergasted.

I hate to say it but at the mo it looks like Freddy Shepherd never left.

I've put this in the Mark Hughes thread but more people are probably likely to read it in here. From Fridays Guardian...

Hughes comes on strong for Newcastle job

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2239103,00.html

Mark Hughes is on Newcastle United's radar and the Blackburn Rovers manager now appears to be rivalling Harry Redknapp as a contender for the vacancy created by Sam Allardyce's sacking on Wednesday. While Redknapp, currently in charge of Portsmouth, remains the bookmakers' favourite, Newcastle's apparent interest in Hughes was described as "a sensitive subject" at Ewood Park yesterday where officials were fearing an approach from the Tyneside club.

By late afternoon, though, none was forthcoming at either Blackburn or Portsmouth, who released a statement on their website stressing that they had received no request for Redknapp's services and would not welcome one. Although Portsmouth's manager also distanced himself from the St James' Park job, saying he had "heard nothing" and was "happy" at Fratton Park, it is understood that overtures have been made and Newcastle informed that they will have to pay at least £1.5m in compensation to remove Redknapp from the south coast.

The fear on Tyneside is that Redknapp, now 60 and never having managed north of London, may be reluctant to leave his luxury Dorset home to try to breathe new life into Newcastle, even if offered a multimillion-pound salary. Equally there are concerns he may use this interest from a rival club to persuade Portsmouth to offer him a more generous transfer window budget and possible salary hike.

Yesterday he said: "I really do not know anything about this. I have not spoken to anyone from Newcastle. When I saw that Sam had left, my immediate thoughts were that Alan Shearer was a certainty to take over. There's nothing in my being linked with this job. I am happy down on the south coast."

With Shearer not under consideration as Newcastle's next manager and Everton ruling out the possibility that David Moyes might exchange Merseyside for Tyneside, it seems that Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner, is pondering the relative merits of Redknapp and Hughes. Despite Martin Jol's apparent enthusiasm for the job the former Tottenham manager is not thought to be in contention.

Ashley is in Hong Kong on business and his absence may delay any appointment but he and Chris Mort, his chairman, are determined to hire a coach who, like Redknapp and Hughes, believes in attractive, passing football. 

Guest ObaStar

"I really do not know anything about this. I have not spoken to anyone from Newcastle." - 'ARRY FUCK OFF

NIIIIIIIIICE HES NOT COMING OR HES A FUCKING LIAR WOOOOOO YEH

BRING IN JOSE

I still don't believe it'll be 'Arry.  Based on what he's said and done in the past, I just can't see him living in the NE or commuting, private jet or no.  I reckon he'll stay at Pompey on a sweeter deal.

"I really do not know anything about this. I have not spoken to anyone from Newcastle." - 'ARRY f*** OFF

NIIIIIIIIICE HES NOT COMING OR HES A f****** LIAR WOOOOOO YEH

BRING IN JOSE

Said about the same after shafting pompey for their best rivals and vice versa.

I still harbour the hope and belief Harry isnt the man we are looking to.

But given the space of time to think about Rednapp, the more I really rate any potential appointment possibly even worse than Souness.

Aye I do rate Harry higher than Souness of course..

...but why?

Mainly because Souness was under the spotlight here and we had to watch his shit week in week out for way too long. It wont be long until Rednapp's flaws our spread across this message board with scattered shoutings of "Said he should never of been appointed."

Souness had blackburn playing some great football and signed some great players. Has Harry ever done anything Souness didnt before he came to us?

No he has done a damn sight worse, given Pompeys home record this season, after the initial shock pompey fans will be laughing.

So he might be Ashleys man and he appoints him and backs him. Souness could hardly say he wasnt backed £50m later.

At least with the useless Scotsman we could understand he was brought in to steady the ship and sort out the egos, before we move to the next level.

Maybe Rednapp would be used in the same kind? But for me there is no excuse not to appoint someone that can takes us well beyond the lengths 'Arry can dream of.

Maybe time will warm me to the idea, but Ive never seen him in the same league as Allardyce let alone the Fergies, Wengers and Mourinho's of this world.

can't work this all out - seems to me the press only have one link at the moment and that's that ex spurs mouthpiece who's talking to the papers, he wanted redknapp once so therefore 2+2=7.2324

the pompey stats on nufc.com are diabolical, no goals at home in the last six games...they're a good side away from home but at home have no flair...last part sound familiar?

why would ashley get this guy?  i just can't see it...he was just arrested for match fixing allegations wasn't he?  makes even less sense...

i have a feeling (although it may be blind hope) that ashley is gonna pull a rabbit out of the hat here...