Alan Oliver reaches new lows

Dr. TC

Oliver uses the telephone as a literary device more often than J. D. Salinger.

Feel a Trigger moment coming on- Whats the 1930's American public enemy no.1 murderer got to do with phones? Sure you didn't mean J.R. Hartley? :laugh2:

:lol: Still waiting for the punchline btw. Nice try :razz:

Absolutely fucking class the way Oliver has come out of this. That short of a having anything like a clue he linked virtually everybody with the job. Apart from the bloke who got it.

Guest johnson293

Absolutely f****** class the way Oliver has come out of this. That short of a having anything like a clue he linked virtually everybody with the job. Apart from the bloke who got it.

Exactly what I was thinkign when I read his artcile today. :lol:

The Chronicle can reveal today that Mike Ashley and Chris Mort made a beeline for Keegan as soon as Harry Redknapp turned the job down.

Keegan immediately accepted – and the deal was done and dusted by Sunday afternoon.

Its almost like he's now claiming to have known, but they weren;t able to reveal at the time!

Todays Chronic also appears to be claiming the first 'Full' Interview with Keegan since his return - but if you read it, its simply the same thing that has been published elsewhere already this morning/today.

To be fair to Anal what he said is that only 4 people knew about this situation from Sunday until it was revealed on Wednesday.  Ashley, Mort, Keegan, and his wife..

I knew about it yesterday morning (pm'ed a few on here) that it was likely anyway and someone else told me and I know who KK told (i.e. where the info came from originally). And it wasn't any of those other 3. Oliver's just trying to hide his embarrassment. Why the fuck do you think KK was backed down to 3-1? The bloke's an idiot man.

He is an idiot, just saying he wasn't claiming he knew.  Still I suppose you're right that when he talks about only four people knowing he was only saying it to make it look like he couldn't possibly have known, when in fact he should of if he wasn't completely shit at his job.

I can't see that video by the way, it says it can't play the media file..  I want to see it :(

No, you really don't. I wish I hadn't now. The guy is a life-sized phallus who spews bile whenever a camera or keyboard is put in front of him.

He is an idiot, just saying he wasn't claiming he knew.  Still I suppose you're right that when he talks about only four people knowing he was only saying it to make it look like he couldn't possibly have known, when in fact he should of if he wasn't completely shit at his job.

Yeah, sorry I was just indignant at the thought of anyone sticking up for him ;)

In fairness, it wasn't so much him not knowing, more him previously claiming it was definitely Redknapp or Hughes, then just Hughes, then him linking everyone Tom, Dick or Harry you ever heard (or not heard) of with the job by saying they'd contacted him first. Maybe someone was just making prank calls :lol:

What happens on the video?

Just alan and lee ryder talking about the whole keegan thing, nothing special. Alan putting on a paper keegan mask that they're giving away with the chron on saturday, haha, pretty cringeworthy!

I actually saw alan oliver last night going into Shearers bar whilst I was waiting in the queue for my ticket

What happens on the video?

Alan Oliver is sat there in a Kevin Keegan mask with some other guy, "Welcome back to the north east Kevin"...I turned it off then...too painful.

Oliver then tries to do an impression of Keegan, but transforms into incomprehensible giggling before announcing that he's 'gonna sort that Alan Oliver out' before ripping off his mask with a cringeworthy aren't I clever look, before declaring that you can get your KK mask in Saturday's Chronicle.

Meanwhile Lee Ryder looks on very bemused.

You could have taken that scene out of The Office to be honest.