Official Statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest
NUFC Official Statement

Official Newcastle United statement from Chairman Chris Mort:

"In the process of appointing a new manager at Newcastle United, we have identified and spoken to a number of potential candidates.

"This is a very important appointment - our first since taking control of the Club - and we will take as long as required to make sure we bring the right person.

"That person will be someone we believe will be able to deliver successful results and performances to accompany that.

"We can confirm that Harry Redknapp is one of the people the Club has spoken to. However, Harry made it clear he is happy with life on the South Coast and we wish him well for the future.

"We will continue to devote our time to the very important task of selecting the right person to manage Newcastle United and we will make a further announcement when appropriate."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1213270,00.html

NUFC Official Statement

Official Newcastle United statement from Chairman Chris Mort:

"In the process of appointing a new manager at Newcastle United, we have identified and spoken to a number of potential candidates.

"This is a very important appointment - our first since taking control of the Club - and we will take as long as required to make sure we bring the right person.

"That person will be someone we believe will be able to deliver successful results and performances to accompany that.

"We can confirm that Harry Redknapp is one of the people the Club has spoken to. However, Harry made it clear he is happy with life on the South Coast and we wish him well for the future.

"We will continue to devote our time to the very important task of selecting the right person to manage Newcastle United and we will make a further announcement when appropriate."

Only positive I take from that is the number of candidates bit lilke in business you have a list of targets and the only one that has gone public for now has been harry not to say that other clubs and managers have remained quite in their talks.

I was wrong. They ARE going to try and bullshit their way out of it. Did they keep Freddy on in a secret advisory role?! This has Shepherd written all over it!

Really, there's nowt else they could say.

Panic statement tbh. They went all this time without saying a word and now it's gone tits up they're desperately trying to make out they still know what they're doing.

Aye. :undecided:

They've made a proper arse of this whole thing. *sigh*

Paradox.

Basically he is saying that we will appoint someone who they consider to be inferior to Redknapp and be successful.

What about the socks Chris, tell us about the socks.

:lol:

"At this time, I'm unwilling to either confirm or deny rumours that I had a explosive, sock-based reaction to a recent phone-call. I will address this at a more appropriate time."

I was wrong. They ARE going to try and bullshit their way out of it. Did they keep Freddy on in a secret advisory role?! This has Shepherd written all over it!

Really, there's nowt else they could say.

Think i'd rather they stayed silent... It's not like that's quelled anyone's fears!

Would have been at OT today if my lift hadn't fell through, would love to gauge the atmosphere of the toon fans down there... No doubt SSN / Setanta will get the most inbred to give some pointless fecking soundbite that won't reflect the general feeling

Guest elbee909

"At this time, I'm unwilling to either confirm or deny rumours that I had a explosive, sock-based reaction to a recent phone-call. I will address this at a more appropriate time."

:D

Chris doesn't even have to buy a new pair when they blow off. He can simply go to his nearest Sports Soccer; pick up a few Donnays, give the security guy a knowing wink, and waltz out like he owns the place.

"In the process of choosing new socks for Chris Mort, we have identified a number of potential candidates.

"This is a very important appointment - our first since taking control of the Club - and we will take as long as required to make sure we choose the right socks.

"Those socks will be a pair we believe will be able to deliver style, comfort, warmth and durability.

"We will continue to devote our time to the very important task of selecting the socks and we will make a further announcement when appropriate."

Guest jimmy1982