The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Guest elbee909

At least you can rely on the Newcastle based Evening Geordie Chronicle for writing this isn't shit.

Oh wait.  Then it's Alan Oliver's fault that it's shit, not the fact that it's a *Newcastle* based paper.  I get it now; if paper's based in the capital, it's anti-Newcastle bias, if it's based in Newcastle, it's not. Ok.

At least you can rely on the Newcastle based Evening Geordie Chronicle for writing this isn't s***.

Oh wait.  Then it's Alan Oliver's fault that it's s***, not the fact that it's a *Newcastle* based paper.  I get it now; if paper's based in the capital, it's anti-Newcastle bias, if it's based in Newcastle, it's not. Ok.

You're almost there!

Guest elbee909

At least you can rely on the Newcastle based Evening Geordie Chronicle for writing this isn't s***.

Oh wait.  Then it's Alan Oliver's fault that it's s***, not the fact that it's a *Newcastle* based paper.  I get it now; if paper's based in the capital, it's anti-Newcastle bias, if it's based in Newcastle, it's not. Ok.

You're almost there!

Or some people have a chip on their shoulder about London?  People are too quick to jump on the regional bias thing.

the national papers will talk shite, whether good or bad, as long as it sells. there's one or two decent football columnists but most of them write rubbish and i'm not sure there's a single one can tell us what we don't know already.

the local papers can be pretty crap too, everyone on here will acknowledge just how bad the Chronicle is so i don't think your argument really stands up there elbee. whether that's down to oliver or not i don't know. the Journal is pretty much fine afaic and farrington tends to stand up for the fans.

Guest elbee909

the national papers will talk shite, whether good or bad, as long as it sells. there's one or two decent football columnists but most of them write rubbish and i'm not sure there's a single one can tell us what we don't know already.

the local papers can be pretty crap too, everyone on here will acknowledge just how bad the Chronicle is so i don't think your argument really stands up there elbee. whether that's down to oliver or not i don't know. the Journal is pretty much fine afaic and farrington tends to stand up for the fans.

I'm not sure you got what I was saying, and now I'm too busy to argue. :)

You're almost there!

Or some people have a chip on their shoulder about London?  People are too quick to jump on the regional bias thing.

I was wrong, you are NOT almost there.  You appear to have no idea at all.  Have you lived? Are you aware?

No, it seems not.

There are serious agendas out there, and ignoring them and accusing those who choose not to ignore them of "having chips on their shoulders" does not help at all.

Guest ObaStar

f*** i just want this to be over i want keegan to come out and say i spoke with ashley. we will have 200 million to spend. and we are going to win the league next year. more likely keegan will be sacked and mclaren will be appointed manager

f*** i just want this to be over i want keegan to come out and say i spoke with ashley. we will have 200 million to spend. and we are going to win the league next year. more likely keegan will be sacked and mclaren will be appointed manager

:lol:

• 1 month later...

Wheyse keyse Louise at it again.

Christ could they have found a worst photo of KK? You can just hear her, "aye get a photo that makes him look like he's an 80 year old alcky"  :kasper:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/22/newcastleunited.premierleague

That's a bit of an odd article.  She's just combined alot of different stories and done her usual job of leaving questions marks.  She basically started off by saying Ashley won't invest then ended by saying he will but only on young players.  She says about trophy signings, which I assume she mean't the likes of Duff et al but I'd say Modric would have been more of a trophy signing, only he'd hopefully still have the ability etc.

Aye we'll be waiting forever for the "how exactly did Roy Keane spend 40 million on shite players last season and get clean away with it?" from wheyse keyse.

It's as if she's trying to write a damning article but can't quite make it, cos there's not very much to be damning about.

Perhaps that's why they used the worst KK photo in the whole wide world. To add to the negative vibe factor.

Guest Heneage

Tbh there are few media people I listen to when it comes to us, the majority just go with what the bigger boys like Samuel say. Even the Guardian podcast is ruined by Glenndennig who is occasionally funny when it gets to "Im A sunderland fan how great is Keane lets bash Newcastle".

• 2 weeks later...

BBC north east reporting in it's biased anti-Newcastle way once again on the Joey Barton verdict.

They dragged up such crimes as -  he once dropped his shorts  - shock horror! 

They managed to find five half wits to give their profound opinions - a la Sky TV at it's worst - and who of course concurred with the desired theme of their report that Barton (probably our best midfielder) should be sacked.

Do they ever mention that Sunderland are managed by a thug who admits to intentionally ending a fellow pros career with an act of brutal violence ? Err.. no they don't. Instead they make out like he's some kind of hero.

Just roll with the punches lads and lasses, just roll with the punches..

that is what being a newcastle fan is about..not the unbridled optimism we are often portrayed as having.

Just roll with the punches lads and lasses, just roll with the punches..

that is what being a newcastle fan is about..not the unbridled optimism we are often portrayed as having.

Quite the opposite innit.

Wheyse keyse Louise at it again.

Christ could they have found a worst photo of KK? You can just hear her, "aye get a photo that makes him look like he's an 80 year old alcky"  :kasper:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/22/newcastleunited.premierleague

Looks like today's signing of Argentine international Jonas Gutierrez again proves that the Gaurdian's girl in the north east knows very little about whats really happening and that's why she has to regurgitate bar room drivel or wax lyrical about Roy to fill her inches.

when do you lot think that the tide actually turned against us? when did people start wishing us bad luck rather than us being 'everyone's second favourite team'. there's definitely been a turnaround. souness? freddy? or was it when we signed owen, i remember there being a lot of jealousy about that, not that anyone admitted it of course, it just came out as hate.

it just doesnt seem that long ago that we were liked in general.

when do you lot think that the tide actually turned against us? when did people start wishing us bad luck rather than us being 'everyone's second favourite team'. there's definitely been a turnaround. souness? freddy? or was it when we signed owen, i remember there being a lot of jealousy about that, not that anyone admitted it of course, it just came out as hate.

when souness started getting a load of grief the press turned against us,after that it was only a matter of time before other clubs fans followed.

when souness started getting a load of grief the press turned against us,after that it was only a matter of time before other clubs fans followed.

that's when they turned on the fans, but i think they started reporting negatively about us when Robson was dispatched (not without good reason in that particular case).

Guest Brazilianbob

You're almost there!

Spot on

I lived and worked in London for 7 years and always found the locals to as welcoming and friendly as any geordie welcome.  The problem is many (most ) geordies don't understand the psyche of southerners.  Once you understand where they are coming from you realise they are ordinary folks like us.  They dont consider themselves to be better than us but they are amused by the northern insistence that there is a north south divide

People (press) turned on us when we played Stevenage Borough in the FA Cup. 

We offered the game to be played at St James's Park with all match proceeds (minus overheads) to go to Stevenage. 

Their Manager refused and called us a big bullying club with no respect for the lower divisions or grounds, then the press turned the whole thing into a mass debarcle and made us look like complete arseholes.

Although, these days when it happens absolutely F All is said by any manager or the press. 

So much for being kind!

People (press) turned on us when we played Stevenage Borough in the FA Cup. 

We offered the game to be played at St James's Park with all match proceeds (minus overheads) to go to Stevenage. 

Their Manager refused and called us a big bullying club with no respect for the lower divisions or grounds, then the press turned the whole thing into a mass debarcle and made us look like complete arseholes.

Although, these days when it happens absolutely F All is said by any manager or the press. 

So much for being kind!

stevenage actually agreed to play the game up here till it was to be put on live tele and the cash that would bring in.