The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

If we'd have sacked Joey Barton we'd have had no end of criticism, I bet they'd have twisted it saying he'd served his time and we were turning our back on him in his hour of need...thereby condemning him to a life of crime or whatever.

The sort of journalists writing these headlines are pretty much all simian throwbacks with more faces than Big Ben. Fuck 'em.

That Barton comment has to be a total fabrication. Surely no-one can be that stupid?

With regards to the media - stop buying/reading the papers. We are an easy target (again) at the moment. Unfortunately the club has done little to help itself on the PR front over the whole Barton business. :-/

So we should pander to what the papers say?

Nope - I'm not influenced by the media, but I have a strong moral/ethical code. He should have been sacked. End of.

That Barton comment has to be a total fabrication. Surely no-one can be that stupid?

With regards to the media - stop buying/reading the papers. We are an easy target (again) at the moment. Unfortunately the club has done little to help itself on the PR front over the whole Barton business. :-/

Nope - I'm not influenced by the media, but I have a strong moral/ethical code. He should have been sacked. End of.

Sorry Jesus.

Nope we should do what families do when they're attacked and stick together and show unity.

Many so called NUFC fans have given them the lines they want in order to attack us, sometimes you've got to be big and hide true feelings  for the benefit of the bigger cause.

Anyway who cares what they say, once upon a time they were educated, accurate and even handed nowadays their opinions are worth no more than some drunk's at the end of the bar.

Take luvverly Luoise for example - there is no way the Gaurdian of old would have employed that lying slag.

what would sacking him achieved?

We should, as a club, have a blanket ban on speaking to the media and let them peddle their lies. I find it all very amusing, its the mugs who believe it all I feel sorry for.

itrs the mugs who believe it that do my head in. You cant have a sensible conversation with them because you are effectivley arguing against a newspaper article. 

I bet you were the one who came up with the comment that the Mirror took, eh?

Arsewipe.

What mirror headline?

You cant be Jesus after all, he would never say arsewipe.

Why do I feel so strongly about the Barton thing? Because for years this club has taken it's fans for mugs, and it's not changed with the new broom. Right back from the Toongate scandal, through Dyer, Bowyer, etc - things aren't dealt with as they should be. People connected to the club know they can behave in appalling ways and they are still untouchable.

Apparently not strong enough to encompass the concept of forgiveness. Did you throw the first stone?

Why do I feel so strongly about the Barton thing? Because for years this club has taken it's fans for mugs, and it's not changed with the new broom. Right back from the Toongate scandal, through Dyer, Bowyer, etc - things aren't dealt with as they should be. People connected to the club know they can behave in appalling ways and they are still untouchable.

Apart from not sacking Barton what has Mike AShley done to say things have not changed?

The problem we've got with the Barton situation is, we've got a paper thin squad to chose from already and it doesn't look like we've the greatest amounts of cash to flutter away on new signings. The bottom line as i see it is that we can't afford to sack him, and that's the real reason.

We should, as a club, have a blanket ban on speaking to the media and let them peddle their lies. I find it all very amusing, its the mugs who believe it all I feel sorry for.

itrs the mugs who believe it that do my head in. You cant have a sensible conversation with them because you are effectivley arguing against a newspaper article. 

True and its usually fans of other teams that believe this rubbish making it hard to have a decent football debate with them as they just regurgitate stuff from the papers. Nay mind.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/08/02/barton-so-good-he-s-innocent-115875-20680852/

Barton so good he's innocent

2/08/2008

Many Newcastle fans have shown their disgust at the club's decision to stick with Joey Barton.

Others have said he's done his time and should be given another chance.

But the one quote which I liked best, which most fans can identify with, came from a Geordie friend of a friend: "You know, towards the back end of the season, he started playing so well that I began to think he might be innocent."

Sad but true.

What Do You Think? EMAIL [email protected]

Lost for words.

Some people believe he should have been sacked though, and then include the fact that he was shit last year as part of case for doing it.

If he'd scored 15 goals last season & been brilliant then some people would have a different opinion on what we should do.

Thats what has me lost for words.

OOps, have just seen this has its own thread  -  but then again, it should be IN HERE in this thread, also!!

Its so utterly ridiculous, it deserves to be posted in 2 threads. Just added a comment to the NOTW page commenting that the report has not 1 single comment or quote. Lets see if the moderator posts it

OOps, have just seen this has its own thread  -  but then again, it should be IN HERE in this thread, also!!

Its so utterly ridiculous, it deserves to be posted in 2 threads. Just added a comment to the NOTW page commenting that the report has not 1 single comment or quote. Lets see if the moderator posts it

Why wouldn't it be posted?  Its true!!

geordies?.....strictly small fry in the football world. Always have been, always will be. As for loyal, large, passionate fanbase, don't make me urinate myself, average league gate prior to the 'keegan revolution'....12000, some gates at 4000, similar to leeds. A one club provincial city with no divide should be pulling 70,000 but your ground like leeds' was never built for that cause you know you'll only fill it once a year when man united fill it for you. If Manchester had one club, instead of the dozen or so in its conurbation, you would be looking at 140,000 gates, united, city, bolton and oldham combined averages total 150,000. Now that, my part time geordie dreamers is a real passionate footballing area. Only London, Gtr Manchester, and Merseyside can boast this, so crawl back to your north eastern urban wasteland and keep dreaming of the odd league cup.

i didnt realise we were so disliked!  :cheesy:

Actually - thinking about it - I suppose that IS the reason why it WOULDN'T be posted!!!

Actually - thinking about it - I suppose that IS the reason why it WOULDN'T be posted!!!

Exactly mate. Cant see them wanting to show flaws in their story. Anti-NUFC comment though seem very welcome