The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

geordies?.....strictly small fry in the football world. Always have been, always will be. As for loyal, large, passionate fanbase, don't make me urinate myself, average league gate prior to the 'keegan revolution'....12000, some gates at 4000, similar to leeds. A one club provincial city with no divide should be pulling 70,000 but your ground like leeds' was never built for that cause you know you'll only fill it once a year when man united fill it for you. If Manchester had one club, instead of the dozen or so in its conurbation, you would be looking at 140,000 gates, united, city, bolton and oldham combined averages total 150,000. Now that, my part time geordie dreamers is a real passionate footballing area. Only London, Gtr Manchester, and Merseyside can boast this, so crawl back to your north eastern urban wasteland and keep dreaming of the odd league cup.

i didnt realise we were so disliked!  :cheesy:

You'd never guess that was written by a Manc! :rolleyes: And probably a southern glory boy too boot.

geordies?.....strictly small fry in the football world. Always have been, always will be. As for loyal, large, passionate fanbase, don't make me urinate myself, average league gate prior to the 'keegan revolution'....12000, some gates at 4000, similar to leeds. A one club provincial city with no divide should be pulling 70,000 but your ground like leeds' was never built for that cause you know you'll only fill it once a year when man united fill it for you. If Manchester had one club, instead of the dozen or so in its conurbation, you would be looking at 140,000 gates, united, city, bolton and oldham combined averages total 150,000. Now that, my part time geordie dreamers is a real passionate footballing area. Only London, Gtr Manchester, and Merseyside can boast this, so crawl back to your north eastern urban wasteland and keep dreaming of the odd league cup.

Brilliantly ignoring the differences in Population. Good old Man U fans.

I cant wait for fergie to leave, it will all start to unravel.

I cant wait for fergie to leave, it will all start to unravel.

Was thinking that myself earlier. We all got a window into what it will be like, a few years ago when he announced his retirement but went back on it when the team totally folded in the 2nd half of the season.

KEVIN KEEGAN hasn't got a lot right since returning to Newcastle.

But when he claimed that the Premier League is in danger of becoming the most boring competition in the world, he hit the nail on the head with a ruddy great sledgehammer.

And Peter Kenyon, Lord love him, has barely uttered a sensible word during all his years in football.

Yet how right the Chelsea chief executive was when he claimed that the Premier League's pretenders must get their acts together and stop whingeing about Big Four dominance.

It is the billionaires, and the poor old-fashioned millionaires, who own Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton, Aston Villa, Manchester City and West Ham who could blow the thing wide open.

But a depressing close-season of tortuous transfer sagas suggests they are no nearer to doing so.

After a summer of genuinely thrilling sport - Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer, Padraig Harrington and Greg Norman, Spain and Holland - the Premier League monster is rising from its slumber.

August is upon us, the hype is at fever pitch. The Sky Sports trailer for the new season suggests that the anticipation might be unbearable.

A string quartet of stunning birds in little black dresses play their instruments with such vehemence that you might expect them to turn up in Max Mosley's next home video.

And yet what exactly are they hyping? Nine months of screaming, shouting and explosions which will end up with Manchester United and Chelsea in the top two places, Liverpool and Arsenal in the next two and the three newly promoted clubs going down. I'd stake my mortgage on it.

The chief reason, as Kenyon points out, is that none of the Premier League's wannabes have found the crucial blend of massive investment, tactical brilliance, virtuous patience and downright balls needed to gatecrash those cocooned by Champions League cash.

Keegan's insistence that the top four of last season will be the top four of next season was widely regarded as a pop at owner Mike Ashley - not least by Ashley himself.

Yet the Newcastle manager, whatever you think of him, has been lumbered with a bizarre structure. Keegan draws up a list of transfer targets on Tyneside, Dennis Wise & Co make a conflicting list in London ... and no player of substance arrives at St James' Park..

Tottenham twice finished fifth under Martin Jol, yet they panicked and sacked the Dutchman last season.

Juande Ramos may even be a better manager - he's made some exciting signings and Spurs will doubtless contest some thrilling 4-4 draws again.

But expect another "season of transition" at White Hart Lane and they've been having those since 1982, possibly even 1962. Spurs chairman Daniel Levy's protests about Liverpool and Manchester United "tapping up" Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov turned out to be empty words.

Levy was neither helpless nor blameless when it came to Keane's "enforced" sale. Forget the guff about the Kenny Dalglish posters on his bedroom wall, the Irishman - who was especially close to Jol - is 28 and desperate for Champions League football. He knew Spurs had their chance and blew it.

Villa have at least put up a fight to keep Gareth Barry but my money is on him being a Liverpool player when the transfer window slams shut at the month's end.

With a sensible billionaire in Randy Lerner and the league's sharpest manager in Martin O'Neill, Villa should be in pole position to storm the barricades. And yet their squad remains as thin as a supermodel on smack.

There are rumblings from behind the scenes that all is not well at Everton, who have flirted with the Champions League under David Moyes but seem to lack either the resources or the willingness to make the breakthrough.

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra did not have the stomach to back Sven Goran Eriksson after a promising start.

Mark Hughes is a fine manager but the Ronaldinho circus suggested he will not be able to run things at Eastlands as tightly as he did at Blackburn.

Awash And then there's West Ham, awash with Icelandic cash just two years ago, and blowing away rivals with their sky-high wages.

Yet now it's all gone quiet.

Iceland's gone mum, as Kerry Katona might say after a night on the alcopops.

Portsmouth, with Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe, are my tip to finish fifth - the only truly competitive race in the Premier League.

Yet, even there, the sale of the excellent Sulley Muntari to Inter Milan is troubling.

As for the bottom of the table, it is hard to see West Brom, Stoke or Hull surviving when clubs like Fulham and Bolton, who narrowly avoided the drop last term, are agreeing eight-figure fees to recruit international strikers.

So cue the classical music, screaming, shouting and bright orange explosions.

And prepare to doze...

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/kidd/

Here goes Daily Mails rant for the start of the week........ scumbags dont you know

Newcastle look close to changing hands again and Hatchet Man cannot wait to bid good riddance to owner Mike Ashley.

His reign at St James' Park has been a disaster from the start and if billionaire Anil Ambani is really prepared to buy him out and can strike a deal, it is hard to see how he could do more damage to the Toon.

Ashley

Comedy classic: Ashley has presided over the Keegan PR stunt and the Wise appointment

Ashley's tenure has made that of predecessor Freddy Shepherd look like a period of commonsense.

Sam Allardyce was treated badly; Kevin Keegan's appointment as manager in his place still looks like little more than a PR stunt and bringing in Dennis Wise to lurk in the background has never made much sense.

All that in just over a year - and that is not the worst of it. Newcastle's handling of Joey Barton has been a punch in the face for those in the game who still care about ethics.

Some say Ashley and Keegan disagreed on whether to give the midfielder another chance to prove his days of thuggery are over, but whose club is it?

The owner sets the tone and the idea of Respect - towards referees or anybody else - does not appear to mean anything to a club whose main response to a player who has smashed up a team-mate and member of the public has been to try to save money by cutting his wages.

KEVIN KEEGAN is banking on a new slim-line Jose Enrique to be a hit this season after the Spaniard completed 90 minutes against Real Mallorca last night.

The United boss admits he has been looking for a right-back and left-back since the end of last season, but stresses this is no reflection on the ability of his Spanish under-21 international.

Keegan has no fears about Enrique, even though it was his mistake which led to the Doncaster Rovers winner from Stuart Elliott at the Keepmoat Stadium a week last Saturday.

With two friendlies at St James’s Park to come, including the visit of his hometown club Valencia, Enrique will be looking to show what he is made of.

That is if he can find his right fighting weight.

There was talk that, like Olivier Bernard before him, after being told to lose weight back home in Spain in his close season Enrique had taken the instructions to heart and had shed so much he had also lost his upper body strength.

However, Keegan said: “Looking back to the Doncaster goal, it was just sloppy from Jose more than anything.

“I don’t think you can put it down to him losing weight, he made a decision thinking he had loads of time.

“I felt sorry for goalkeeper Tim Krul, because he did everything right, and was just left with no chance.

“The lad finished it very well, but it was a goal which should never have been.

“It was a little bit too easy. Jose has to understand the danger in those situations, and has to deal with it.

“He seemed to be thinking he had all the time in the world.”

Enrique – signed last summer from Villarreal for £6.3m – is rapidly becoming a big fans’ favourite.

Keegan added: “He has come back and he has lost weight.

“He was told to come back fitter than he left – he was a little bit heavy, I think – and he has done that.

“Now he just has to put the work in.”

At least someone is getting it right. Take note London.

Sorry to dissapoint but its our very own Anal Oliver.

possibly the worst bit of journalism i have ever seen, there's mistakes everywhere and to brand laurent robert and jose enrique a flop is beyond me, acuna wasn't that good but he was definitely no flop. I love it how only Newcastle's name gets mentioned when it comes to foreign flops.

Lets have a look at Manchester United:

croyff

djemba-djemba

kleberson

forlan

tiabi

veron

Never heard so much tripe in all my life in that article

Guest alex.lee

possibly the worst bit of journalism i have ever seen

Trouble is he probably wanted get some attention, and the 50+ comments will probably make him dead chuffed.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=geremi-don-t-judge-us-until-we-re-back-to-full-strength&method=full&objectid=21473322&siteid=61634-name_page.html

“The most important thing now is for our players to get some minutes under the belt,” said the 29-year-old. “I think we had 17 players out against Real Mallorca. That’s the problem.

“We hope this week we’re going to get some players because we play two more friendly matches before the new season and at the moment we don’t have enough players so we hope our good players can come back quickly (from injury).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1519374.ece

Geremi in buy plea to Toon

GEREMI has pleaded with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley to buy some new players.

Toon midfielder Geremi said: “We don’t have enough players. We hope we are going to get more next week.”

Guest elbee909

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=geremi-don-t-judge-us-until-we-re-back-to-full-strength&method=full&objectid=21473322&siteid=61634-name_page.html

“The most important thing now is for our players to get some minutes under the belt,” said the 29-year-old. “I think we had 17 players out against Real Mallorca. That’s the problem.

“We hope this week we’re going to get some players because we play two more friendly matches before the new season and at the moment we don’t have enough players so we hope our good players can come back quickly (from injury).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1519374.ece

Geremi in buy plea to Toon

GEREMI has pleaded with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley to buy some new players.

Toon midfielder Geremi said: “We don’t have enough players. We hope we are going to get more next week.”

The Sun - shitrag.

Not bad for once.... F365

Odds on championship: 300-1. Odds on relegation: 16-1

Manager: Kevin Keegan (since January). Odds on first out the job: 4-1

Last season: 12th, 43 points; FA Cup fourth round; Carling Cup third round

Ins: Danny Guthrie (Liverpool, undisclosed), Jonas Gutierrez (Real Mallorca, undisclosed).

Outs: David Rozehnal (Lazio, £2.9m), Emre (Fenerbahce, undisclosed), Peter Ramage (QPR, free).

The biggest mistake with Newcastle fans is to assume that the handful who gurn for the cameras on the sports news - who seem to spend their lives outside St Jamies' Park, to judge by the pictures - are the only kind of supporters the club have. Newcastle may be mad, but not all their fans are, by a long chalk.

The image of Newcastle as a club was transformed in the first Keegan era. KK took the club from the brink of Division Three to the brink of the title in four years. No one can seriously deny that this was an achievement worth getting excited about.

The biggest Newcastle cheerleaders are not those in the stands, but those in the media who were along for the ride. Keegan is an amazingly charismatic figure in person, by all accounts, too; their fervour may be irritating to outsiders, but we have not been subject to that spell.

The euphoria that greeted Keegan's return was made the greater by the God-awful experiment with Sam Allardyce that preceded it. Yet despite Keegan's second coming, despite the joy that greeted Mike Ashley's earlier arrival after the Fletcher-Shepherd years, there is a lot to be downbeat about at St James'.

Keegan's words about the impossibility of breaking into the top four sounded odd coming from such an optimist, but were as effective a douser of hype as the earlier struggles to secure his first win.

Joey Barton's stupidity continues to leave the club in a dilemma and a source of unwanted headlines. The weird structure and geography, with Dennis Wise based in London, is a source of disquiet. Ashley's brand of populism is wearing thin and Last season's chairman, Chris Mort, is gone.

The personnel are little changed and there are not enough of them. They kick off away to opponents that the old Newcastle famously hit five against in Keegan's first spell, but Manchester United humiliated his second side last season. So, too, did Arsenal, who are the hosts for Newcastle's last game of August.

In between is an eminently winnable match at home to Bolton, though. Hull and Blackburn are visitors in September, games separated by a trip to West Ham.

Newcastle have goals in them, as you would expect from a Keegan side - it was once he had the courage of his attacking convictions that the climb to safety began. KK has a reputation as psychologically weak after his serial resignations and outbursts, but handled the potentially awkward relationship with Michael Owen well, bringing out goals and leadership.

His problem has always been with dealing with a downturn. The fixtures have been unkind, with those two heavyweights to face in what is an unusually brief opening before the international break. But if he can avoid or dismiss any sense of early-season crisis - say by beating Bolton and avoiding humiliation at Old Trafford and the Emirates - then there is enough quality to challenge all but the best of the mid-table sides.

The glory days on a nationwide scale will be as elusive as ever - but at the very least Newcastle should be north-east champions again and by a much bigger margin. Fifty points achieved in as attractive a manner as possible won't be riches but would be a step in the right direction.