The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

One of the worst anti NUFC articles I've read in a long time. It's really got my piss boiling.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1051947/Keegan-clown-Ashley-circus--8216-Messiah-8217-humiliated-owner.html?ITO=1490

I love the caption on the picture: 'A dejected Kevin Keegan during Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Arsenal' even though it clearly isn't.

One of the worst anti NUFC articles I've read in a long time. It's really got my piss boiling.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1051947/Keegan-clown-Ashley-circus--8216-Messiah-8217-humiliated-owner.html?ITO=1490

I love the caption on the picture: 'A dejected Kevin Keegan during Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Arsenal' even though it clearly isn't.

Neither is the second pick claiming to be from his first home game in charge against Bolton.  It was a 3pm kick off on a Saturday not a night game FFS.

How much have all the negative stories actually contributed to what has happened today ?

While all might have been great at the start; there may have even been the odd "i dont really like Dennis Wise but can work with the system" kind of thoughts in Kevin's head but beyond that, inside the club, all was rosy.

But stories are written (on a daily basis), rumours are started (on a daily basis) and eventually, the odd thing happens, thoughts start, paranoia kicks in until breaking point arrives and BANG today here we are.

It hurts because it's true.

Bollocks!

Well let's start with the headline, how the fuck has Keegan been humiliated?

If he's walked away, which many people feel is true, I assume he must feel that himself, no?

Bollocks!

If he's walked away, which many people feel is true, I assume he must feel that himself, no?

No!

If he's walked away he's done it for a very good reason. IMO Keegan would only have walked at this time if he felt he was not being backed 100% by the owner and the board. In my book that doesn't amount to humiliation, that would be the action of a proud man standing up for his principles.

Bollocks!

No!

If he's walked away he's done it for a very good reason. IMO Keegan would only have walked at this time if he felt he was not being backed 100% by the owner and the board. In my book that doesn't amount to humiliation, that would be the action of a proud man standing up for his principles.

So in essence you agree with the rest of the story, if that's the case?

Just a few brief thoughts from an outsider's perspective.

Newcastle, generally, do get their fair amount of bull written about them, of this there can be no doubt. My problem is; I think some fans are making it out for more than it really is. Every club (well, bar the top 4, let's be honest) get rubbish written about them. I've read countless Everton articles for instance, that are written by a London-based journalist who can't wait to try and degrade the club at every given chance.

All I'm saying is, whilst some of the articles about Newcastle are utter rubbish to say the least, most clubs get it. The media have unfairly however portrayed Newcastle as the official crisis club, everything turns bad, and apparently you're in crisis an impressive average of 5 times a week, that's impressive by anybody's standards. Just try not to pay too much attention of the self-indulgent crap some journalists spurt out.

Guest hikickry

the head of the LMA was just on SSN, he spoke to KK last night. When asked what his message to the fans was he said: "KK has not resigned, he cares greatly for the club and the supporters." he also said that claims that KK thought he was sacked was "speculation" and that he doesn't think the talks over the next few days will be about compensation. He was basically saying that you can believe very little in the papers today as they haven't got a clue what is going on.

god, i just hope they can get everything off their chests at these meetings, sort out their problems out and have a better relationship at the end of it. We can hope.

The Guardian was running a (unusual for them) pro-Keegan thread last night. Not written by Louise Taylor, I might add.

But after 7pm when the Club issued the official statement, and people in the thread started accusing the Guardian of publishing the 'Keegan Gone' article with no evidence.

They suddenly closed the comments section. Cowards and cunts. Nice.

Neither is the second pick claiming to be from his first home game in charge against Bolton.  It was a 3pm kick off on a Saturday not a night game FFS.

being picky here, but was it not a 5.15 KO?

Just a few brief thoughts from an outsider's perspective.

Newcastle, generally, do get their fair amount of bull written about them, of this there can be no doubt. My problem is; I think some fans are making it out for more than it really is. Every club (well, bar the top 4, let's be honest) get rubbish written about them. I've read countless Everton articles for instance, that are written by a London-based journalist who can't wait to try and degrade the club at every given chance.

All I'm saying is, whilst some of the articles about Newcastle are utter rubbish to say the least, most clubs get it. The media have unfairly however portrayed Newcastle as the official crisis club, everything turns bad, and apparently you're in crisis an impressive average of 5 times a week, that's impressive by anybody's standards. Just try not to pay too much attention of the self-indulgent crap some journalists spurt out.

Newcastle are victims of their own popularity.

Sunderland and Middlesbrough may be of importance on Wearside and Teesside but nationally and internationally there is only one significant club north of Manchester.

Newcastle fill column inches and newsreel and the present regime's lack of openness when compared to Freddie's soap opera really riles them, hence the vendetta.

Newcastle get 48,000 against Bolton - national news reported by everyone. Man City get 36,000 - no mention.

Sunderland's revolution attracts only 39,000 - no mention. Middle aged man drinks pint of beer wearing Newcastle shirt - national news !

Yesterday's was the funniest yet - wall to wall coverage of an event not based on any fact merely conjecture and mis-information, lots of lazy journalists penning articles based on rumours started by other journalists ??

The non story was the headline on this morning's national news. It could only be Newcastle!

Another sad day proving again how bad the British press and media have become.

The Guardian was running a (unusual for them) pro-Keegan thread last night. Not written by Louise Taylor, I might add.

But after 7pm when the Club issued the official statement, and people in the thread started accusing the Guardian of publishing the 'Keegan Gone' article with no evidence.

They suddenly closed the comments section. Cowards and c***s. Nice.

Sums the rag up.

Shame because it was once a good paper that employed serious jounalists.

Hope someone from "Private Eye" has followed the events they will absolutely rip their reporting to shreds.

Gerard Tubbs outside training ground - "what we do know is Newcastle are not united"

Are you sure Tubbsy or is this not just more made up reporting based on rumours started by other reporters with no facts to back anything up ?

Just admit it you all got it so wrong yesterday, in the press and media, it was laughable so today you're looking for anyone to blame other than yourselves.

It doesn't matter what the outcome of today is.

Come the end of the season Keegan will still have quit/been sacked and today Ashley panicked after the protests and reinstated him.

The press are see you next tuesdays when it comes to football/entertainment. They are never wrong, the facts just change after the real event (i.e. their story) has unfolded.

The likes of Talksport and SSN are no better, making a living broadcasting this rubbish. At least the journalists make up the story

A national radio station last night.

Reporter outside SJP finishes interviewing some mong and starts interviewing a surprisingly lucid member of the crowd who criticises the media for their outrageous reporting of Keagan's "sacking" and their stirring up the non story.  Reporter cuts him short and says  "how can it be our fault - the Newcastle board offered no statement" (to refute rumours made up by other press people)

Reporter then, instead of letting lucid person continue, turns to crowd of assorted retards and says "who do you think is to blame is it Ashley ?" Crowd bellows "YES"

"There you have it" says reporter, "the people up here blame Ashley"

We hear nothing more from lucid intelligent person.