Arsenal

Gash

ITK info: thomas vermaelen out for 5-6 months. wenger in denial. club in crisis.

added to Jack being ruled out for what looks set to be the rest of the season as well... OUCH

if thats true then they are well and truely screwed and will struggle to get into the Europa League never mind the Champions League

Guest Haris Vuckic

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg737/scaled.php?tn=0&server=737&filename=hpdhk.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Pathetic.

I find it surprising people think Arsene is ONLY NOW burning through the goodwill/earned time that resulted from his prior successes, and that people calling for his head are being knee-jerk/disloyal "after all he's done for them".  Newsflash: he's been eating through it for the past two years. 

No trophy for the best part of a decade, been awful in the transfer market for years, too stubborn and refuses to learn his lesson by playing youg, inexperienced players.

Making a banner is incredibly disrespectful after what all he's done for them, but I do agree that the time has come for Arsenal and Wenger to part ways.

Do arsenal fans not realise the only reason they are not mediocre is because of him.  Where were they when he joined?

Nowhere is the answer, we where better and higher (in league etc) than you before wenger joined, you wont see us asking for pardew to be sacked if he gives us champions league football for more than a decade but fails to win trophies because he transformed our club.

You have a bigger stadium than spurs and a bigger fanbase.

Why is that?

Fkin Wenger thats why. (and a great board which was assembled largely after wenger joined, probably due to wengers success)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Still maintain he helped change English football, with his ideas on fitness and player development. Zola played a part too, coming in near his 30s and being fitter than nearly every English player at the time.  :laugh:

The issue with Wenger and Arsenal is separating what he has done for them in developing them as a club, and their recent lack of achievements.

Wenger will be - and should be - seen as a revolutionary for Arsenal Football Club. But I'm not sure how you can see past their consistent failures in recent years. This isn't one bad patch. It is over 6 years without a trophy and more alarmingly for them, they don't look like winning one anytime soon. They've seriously regressed and as much as Wenger should be praised for what he's done for the club, you can't just magically look past him when they're struggling. Consistent stubbornness and poor signings - those are his responsibilities, not to mention an insane loyalty in mediocre youngsters.

Thank you Mr Wenger for helping to deliver some superb football to watch for the netural, but for Arsenal, a parting in the ways is long overdue.

Do arsenal fans not realise the only reason they are not mediocre is because of him.  Where were they when he joined?

Nowhere is the answer, we where better and higher (in league etc) than you before wenger joined, you wont see us asking for pardew to be sacked if he gives us champions league football for more than a decade but fails to win trophies because he transformed our club.

You have a bigger stadium than spurs and a bigger fanbase.

Why is that?

Fkin Wenger thats why. (and a great board which was assembled largely after wenger joined, probably due to wengers success)

They'd just finished 5th, level on points with 4th.

This point still irks me. After everything Sir Bobby done for us, he and his team were booed for finishing 5th, just because we'd been spoilt by a couple of top four finishes.

Just because Wenger's the man that got them there in the first place, it doesn't mean they should accept when he pulls them down. Which is what he's doing.

The issue with Wenger and Arsenal is separating what he has done for them in developing them as a club, and their recent lack of achievements.

Wenger will be - and should be - seen as a revolutionary for Arsenal Football Club. But I'm not sure how you can see past their consistent failures in recent years. This isn't one bad patch. It is over 6 years without a trophy and more alarmingly for them, they don't look like winning one anytime soon. They've seriously regressed and as much as Wenger should be praised for what he's done for the club, you can't just magically look past him when they're struggling. Consistent stubbornness and poor signings - those are his responsibilities, not to mention an insane loyalty in mediocre youngsters.

Thank you Mr Wenger for helping to deliver some superb football to watch for the netural, but for Arsenal, a parting in the ways is long overdue.

:thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Who would you have replace him?

I've thought about it several times, and while I'll admit my knowledge of foreign coaches is somewhat limited, I can't picture anyone to come in and do a good job.

Where would Wenger go from here? Technical role with French National Squad?

Which success would this be?

:serious:

Nothing for 7 seasons, man. Nowt. It's been established that without an incredibly strong core of players, Wenger simply can't steer the ship towards a genuine title challenege. He simply refuses to revise his unsustainable philosophies. Success is a million miles away from AFC right now.

Getting tired of these stupid smilies, btw.

Nothing for 7 seasons, man. Nowt. It's been established that without an incredibly strong core of players, Wenger simply can't steer the ship towards a genuine title challenege. He simply refuses to revise his unsustainable philosophies. Success is a million miles away from AFC right now.

Stick a note in the suggestion box.

Stick a note in the suggestion box.

:best:

Who would you have replace him?

I've thought about it several times, and while I'll admit my knowledge of foreign coaches is somewhat limited, I can't picture anyone to come in and do a good job.

Where would Wenger go from here? Technical role with French National Squad?

Think someone mentioned PSG on here which seems a good shout. National squad as well would be viable. As for who to replace him - not a clue!