Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

I don't mind Vicki Sparks at all which suggests its not about sex but ablity and style and to be fair cant stand most of the male commentators now either.

There's just no art to it now.

Pundit-wise there's a tendency to want some experience at the level they're pontificating on but at the same time since John Burridge's rant back in the day about not having a worthy opinion unless you've played I realised that's too blanket. The opinions of many footballers from the highest level might be interesting to know but whether they could transfer it into punditry or opinionated brain farts is random (Merson for example).

Women hosting is seamless. Having a crush on Eilidh Barbour helps.

That said Keegan's not said anything I disagree with.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, vic said:

Not so much female pundits but female commentators make my ears bleed,Vicky Sparks the worst.

Met Vicky Sparks briefly when she worked for Radio Newcastle. Nice enough lass  - a god botherer apparently!

Edited by Big Geordie

1 hour ago, Orphanage said:

For many people not just me . Some of you should get out of yer echo chambers once in awhile 

Mate, please tell me you can see that it's a bit thick to suggest others, rather than you, should 'get out of yer echo chamber' when you're the one saying the problem doesn't even exist :lol:

16 minutes ago, Disco said:

Isn’t spotted for ages then pops up on this matter. Oh Kev. 

He’s been about, just he’s said something (which I believe has been taken out of context) that doesn’t fit the media’s current narrative, so is being chastised for it while they earn money off ads.

38 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Mate, please tell me you can see that it's a bit thick to suggest others, rather than you, should 'get out of yer echo chamber' when you're the one saying the problem doesn't even exist :lol:

Read it again i said the imposition of female commentators onto the male game was a solution to a problem that doesnt exist . Its amazing how outraged some of you get when someone expresses an opinion thats outside of what the clique on here believes . I respect anyones view  that they want female presenters i just disagree . Disagreement is allowed i take it ?

Edited by Orphanage
sp

19 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

He’s been about, just he’s said something (which I believe has been taken out of context) that doesn’t fit the media’s current narrative, so is being chastised for it while they earn money off ads.

They've ignored all the positive things he said which is typical of the media to go all emotional about the one comment that differs from what they consider general opinion. 

What he's trying to probably say without trying to get too controversial is that men and women's football is in two different standards, like how an under 15s boys team can beat the US women's team comfortably. 

Now we wouldn't get a men's pub league player to analyse what he would do in a champions league match because he's not played at that level

I'm not saying I 100% agree with him but I think that's what he's trying to say 

6 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

They've ignored all the positive things he said which is typical of the media to go all emotional about the one comment that differs from what they consider general opinion. 

What he's trying to probably say without trying to get too controversial is that men and women's football is in two different standards, like how an under 15s boys team can beat the US women's team comfortably. 

Now we wouldn't get a men's pub league player to analyse what he would do in a champions league match because he's not played at that level

Exactly this.

19 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Read it again i said the imposition of female commentators onto the male game was a solution to a problem that doesnt exist . Its amazing how outraged some of you get when someone expresses an opinion thats outside of what the clique on here believes . I respect anyones view  that they want female presenters i just disagree . Disagreement is allowed i take it ?

:lol:

Yes, I understand. Read it again, and think about whether it's you or KI in that discussion that are in an echo chamber of the same views. The one who can see the problem doesn't exist (i.e. matter) for some and does for others, or the one who simply hasn't seen the problem exists. (maybe...because he lives in an echo chamber?)

35 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

10 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

:lol:

Yes, I understand. Read it again, and think about whether it's you or KI in that discussion that are in an echo chamber of the same views. The one who can see the problem doesn't exist (i.e. matter) for some and does for others, or the one who simply hasn't seen the problem exists. (maybe...because he lives in an echo chamber?)

If I'm not overly concerned about the gender of a person on TV, am I in an echo chamber or not?

31 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I'm pretty certain every main football commentator hasn't played at a professional level. Motson, Tyler, Tyldesly, Drury, Pearce, Davies, Mowbray... How does the "standards" argument explain that?

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I'm pretty certain every main football commentator hasn't played at a professional level. Motson, Tyler, Tyldesly, Drury, Pearce, Davies, Mowbray... How does the "standards" argument explain that?

I thought you might say that. 

Keegan specifically alluded to a player saying 'if I was in that position' 

Thats the one