Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

Ok then, I will. If your preference for a commentator is based on their sex, and you prefer male commentators for no other reason than because they're male, that's prejudice against women because they're women, which is misogyny.

Misogyny is hatred for women . Theres no hatred in having a preference for men commentating on mens football 

He’s entitled to his opinion without people getting so upset about it, or it being even remotely considered controversial. 

Female pundits have not lived the same experience as the top level men when offering opinions on men’s football. The same could be said for men commenting on the women’s game. 

1 minute ago, NUFC_Chris said:

He’s entitled to his opinion without people getting so upset about it, or it being even remotely considered controversial. 

Female pundits have not lived the same experience as the top level men when offering opinions on men’s football. The same could be said for men commenting on the women’s game. 

No-one's taking away his entitlement, I'm saying his opinion is shit.

No-one's lived the same experience as anyone else.

Edited by Dr Venkman

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

So you're not misogynist, you're just prejudiced against women?

Nope . Im pro men commentating on mens football . I dont see the sudden need for female pundits or commentators in the mens game . Its a solution to a problem that doesnt exist 

Bizarre debate this one like. Think I’ll excuse myself, prejudice against women is misogyny. I’ve got no issue with people disliking certain female pundits but the idea that they will always be unwelcome or worse than male pundits is mad. See you soon lads

I’m fine with broadcasters having female pundits, but I also don’t think they’ve played the game at a very good standard, compared to the men, and I’m not sure their experience is all that relevant. If I cared about what pundits are saying, this may create an issue. Of course, most male pundits are shite anyway, which renders it a bit of a non-issue.

Just now, Orphanage said:

Nope . Im pro men commentating on mens football . I dont see the sudden need for female pundits or commentators in the mens game . Its a solution to a problem that doesnt exist 

1. It's not sudden, there's been an imbalance in society with bias towards men for a long, long time
  2. It's a measure taken to address an imbalance in our society which can be observed in many aspects of society and culture, one of which is sport
  3. It's a solution to a problem that does exist but you can't see/don't care about because you're a man

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

1. It's not sudden, there's been an imbalance in society with bias towards men for a long, long time
  2. It's a measure taken to address an imbalance in our society which can be observed in many aspects of society and culture, one of which is sport
  3. It's a solution to a problem that does exist but you can't see/don't care about because you're a man

Think you'll find that women are doing ok in society . Womens football is coming along in leaps and bounds . Its possible to have advancement for women and womens football without having female pundits / commentators the mens game . 

Daft comments from Keagan, and before people go on about wanting men on men’s games, remember it’s the same root cause as all those ex pros who tell fans “you’ve never played the game at a top level so you can’t comment” it’s a way of busted old knackers protecting what they see as their patch from outsiders or defending themselves when their opinions are nonsense

Current WSL matches you seem to get much more time on the ball than you do in 2023 Premier League, but then the football of Keegan's playing era looks slower paced and less intense as well (remember being able to pass back to the keeper and have him pick it up?) . He still seems willing to stick his oar in about the modern game though.

15 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Daft comments from Keagan, and before people go on about wanting men on men’s games, remember it’s the same root cause as all those ex pros who tell fans “you’ve never played the game at a top level so you can’t comment” it’s a way of busted old knackers protecting what they see as their patch from outsiders or defending themselves when their opinions are nonsense

Keegans a busted old knacker ? Hush child 

Using an example, if you're more interested in listening to the opinions of Agbonlahor or Merson over, say, Alex Scott, and your reason for that is "because they're men" then it doesn’t matter whether you say you're a misogynist or not, you're still the definition of one.

Edited by Kid Icarus