The Keegan Press Conference

Guest nufc_geordie

The free interview on the official site is amazing.  His answer about motivating the players was extraordinary - I'm paraphrasing, but it was something like:

"There will be a lot of players in this dressing room who have played for big clubs, Real Madrid, Liverpool, some have played 60, 70, 80-odd times for their national side, but what I'll tell them tomorrow is that you've never played for a bigger club than this."

The free interview on the official site is amazing.  His answer about motivating the players was extraordinary - I'm paraphrasing, but it was something like:

"There will be a lot of players in this dressing room who have played for big clubs, Real Madrid, Liverpool, some have played 60, 70, 80-odd times for their national side, but what I'll tell them tomorrow is that you've never played for a bigger club than this."

He said that those other clubs were more successful, but were not bigger than NUFC  :thup:

I'd have liked him to say something more about his hiatus as it were from the game. Just confirmation he's fairly up to date with today's game and today's players.

Come on, I want someone to make me feel better about the above point...

I thought he dealt with it quite well actually. Said that he'd only been out of the game for three years and that it hadn't changed much in that time. Said he'd been out of the game far longer before he first took the Newcastle manager job and that hadn't been a problem for him. And he said it was probably a benefit to him to have a break away from the game and get a sense of perspective about it.

I cracked up at Morts opening line of the press conference, bit of a Freudian slip.

"It gives me enormous press pleasure to welcome Kevin Keegan....". Started to say pressure instead of pleasure.

And Keegan, loved the line about reporters writing the truth and editors basically cutting it back out. :D

Happy Days are here again, about time.  :celb:

Guest interceptor

I wish all these Southern t*ssers would stop trying to imply KK is a crap manager after his time at England and Man City.

The truth is this...

Keegan brings out the best in Newcastle United

but also

Newcastle United brings out the best in Keegan.

and with Mike Ashley's money and support, I can't wait to really stick it to the London press!

Free to watch interview is now on .co.uk

You can tell Keegan is up for this, and also well up for signings. When he said he "isnt scared to bring in some of the names being bandied around, he'll do it" was quality.

Any reason for Geremi's shirt hanging up there? odd.

Free to watch interview is now on .co.uk

You can tell Keegan is up for this, and also well up for signings. When he said he "isnt scared to bring in some of the names being bandied around, he'll do it" was quality.

Any reason for Geremi's shirt hanging up there? odd.

He'll never return so nobody is bothered about the shirt.