Mark Viduka

Baggio

Guest Cordones Hairnet

With our midfield I think we can handle having someone like Viduka.

Ok, he's not a big glamourous name, but he'll get on the end of things.

I'm far more worried about our defence though.  :wullie:

To be fair to Roeder he is still suffering from the Souness times, stuck with Luque and player its obvious Roeder does not want, owen injured. Fred paid out a fortune for Souness and Now Roeder is not going to get the same kind of money, so he is having to make do.

Its not going to be a good season, even if we got Huth and Viduka this season is still going to be dam hard.

Guest BigTrev

Sorin

Ayala

Koller

Viduka

Carew Anyone think of any other possible players available??

Riggot will not be happy if boro sign both players

To be fair to Roeder he is still suffering from the Souness times, stuck with Luque and player its obvious Roeder does not want, owen injured. Fred paid out a fortune for Souness and Now Roeder is not going to get the same kind of money, so he is having to make do.

Its not going to be a good season, even if we got Huth and Viduka this season is still going to be dam hard.

Again not a good enough excuse. If we have had around £20 milliom to spend (which if we are still in for players like Huth must be the case) then that is a fair chunk.

Jaysus, Redknapp has spent nothing on outfield players and has still managed to shore up gaps in his squad with a striker, a midfielder, and two defenders.

I wouldn't say no to Viduka he's big can hold the ball up better than Ameobi he would be a good partner for Martins and Owen for that matter and at 2 Million a bargain but what puzzles me why didn't we go for Lucas Neill he's on his way to Liverpool apparently for 2 million another bargain gone by the wayside Roeder knows our defence is crap and he's such a versatile player in defence.

Is it just me but when did Lucas Neill become a good/class defender?  Granted he had a very good World Cup but then he only played 4 (guess) games but I can't recall him impressing me at any other time since he has played in the Premiership.  Liverpool will make him a better defender in what is already a good defensive unit.  Move the chap into Newcastle's defence and he becomes exposed as an average defender playing with complete incompetents.  For me it all reverts back to the fact that we SHOULD have brought in the experienced Campbell.  Neill can show out current defence how to get sent of like 5 times in a season.......

Guest Germfungus

Quite surprised we'd be after Viduka knowing his poor injury record and our past experiences with awful injury plagued players............good player but at the moment I'd have him I guess.

Time is ticking..

Guest Phil K

Newcastle want to sign Middlesbrough's Mark Viduka (The Times)

I can see this one happening tbh.

Yeah - I'd have him. But it shows what we've dropped to due to Roeder's delaying tactics.

But for chrissakes - we need FULL BACKS FFS !!!!!! :wullie:

Conditioning-wise he's let himself go, ala Carr. IMO this is a major factor as to why both players have a propensity to pick up soft tissue injurys, especially over the last two seasons.

This combined with Viduka's wages - no thanks. We already have two 'black holes' in the wage budget, in the form of Owen & Dyer.

Guest Ridzuan

I take him.We have not much time and option left so I think we should take what we can for now.Viduka is not a bad player as well.

Sky reporting Boro have turned down a Newcastle bid for Viduka.

Its suggested that Milner was part of the deal.

Seriously?

:lol:

http://agentbedhead.com/wp-content/images/PanicButton3_t.jpg

Glenn's just hit it.