Kevin Keegan's Black and White Army 0-0 Bolton - 19/1/08 - Reaction from Page 18

James

keegan makes the same first error sam made. he played ameobi. andy o'brien marked him out the game. and dont give me any of that "he needs games" stuff, he was s**** before his injury and he's s**** after it.

bolton were considerably nearer to scoring than we were. did we even have a decent shot on target?

What??  There was no one else to play up front, who else should he have played?  :idiot2:

Anyone who is looking to blame ameobi need a fucking lead earring..."OMG keegans been here 3 days and we only drew!!! WTF!",shut the fucking door on your way out tbh.

No one is blaming him... he's a brainless twat. Anybody who still tries to defend him in any way should get the treatment you are describing.

I was really upset with Emer this was the time we really need him yet he stupidly sent of the other day. Roz was not a midfilder and I was surprised how we didn't put on Troise for the last 15 min. Over all we will look up from now on. We will have Butt Smith and Barton back for the next game and thats really important area for us. with luck we might sign up some one quality before the game next week.

keegan makes the same first error sam made. he played ameobi. andy o'brien marked him out the game. and dont give me any of that "he needs games" stuff, he was s**** before his injury and he's s**** after it.

bolton were considerably nearer to scoring than we were. did we even have a decent shot on target?

What??  There was no one else to play up front, who else should he have played?  :idiot2:

Carroll. Or a wandering stray dog.

Because Carroll has been brilliant when he's played?  The lads no better then Ameobi at the moment.

I haven't seen much of Carroll therefore will give him a chance before I decide whether he's good. I don't need to see Ameobi play one second more to know he is nowhere near good enough.

Seriously, if you think Carroll would have done any better than Ameobi today, you're just not watching the game.

The lad had a decent shift. If you can accept that Stephen Carr can have non-cringeworthy games from time to time, why can't you give Ameobi the same benefit.

Anyone who is looking to blame ameobi need a f****** lead earring..."OMG keegans been here 3 days and we only drew!!! WTF!",shut the f****** door on your way out tbh.

I'm not blaming him for not winning - just stating that he isn't good enough.

i also dont think any ones blaming anyone... I myself am ok with the draw, i dont expect miracles, im just pointing out what keegan may want to do, and one of those things is never to play ameobi in a premiership match ever again, because he's rubbish

do you think he's good?

0-0 was the last thing I expected.  We had two really good chances to score, once when Cacapa and N'Zogbia combined and then the Zog's pass was really poor and he went to Ameobi instead of Owen, who was unmarked, and then we had a penalty claim turned down.  Also when Ameobi had the ball and could have easily slotted it through to Owen, but chose to send it wide to Milner who then had 3 crosses blocked.  We've got to work those kind of channels and slot those balls through if we're to utilize Owen, and most of the passes will come from the AMC, and I'm not sure N'Zogbia's passing is up to that.

Given - 8 - MOTM for me, was really composed, took control of the game when the ball was in his area, and made a really good save there at the end.

Carr - 6 -  Good performance, actually looked athletic and skilled.  Needs to work better with Milner on the right and produce some kind of end product, also work on shooting.

Taylor - 7 - Good work, composed in the middle, cut a lot of stuff out as usual and got forward a few times

Cacapa - 6 - Game of two halves for me, dodgy in the first put picked it up in the second as he was less threatened.

Enrique- 7 - One of his better performances, defended well, and also helped out in attack

Rozenhal - 7 - Looks good as a DM but can't shoot, I doubt his future is in that position under Keegan anyway.

N'Zogbia - 7 - Productive and dangerous, but needs to know when to keep possession and when to pass, and also to work on that passing in general.

Duff - 6 - Didn't really do a whole lot despite a good bit of time on the ball.

Milner- 6 - Invisible for long periods of the first have, little end product in the second.

Ameobi - 6- Put himself about but nothing special really

Owen - 6 - Little to do, little service

Lua Lua - 6 - Not enough time to judge really, but gave the ball away a few times.

Bolton, consider yourselves lucky.  If you actually manage to make it back to SJP next season, it won't be this easy.

Why did Ameobi repeatedly run into defenders, fall over and then look gormlessly at the referee in hope of being given a penalty? We desperately needed him to attack crosses and i can only remember him doing so on one occasion.

Milner was awful too, he hasn't looked anywhere near good enough to be a regular at this level for quite some time now.

Because Carroll has been brilliant when he's played?  The lads no better then Ameobi at the moment.

I haven't seen much of Carroll therefore will give him a chance before I decide whether he's good. I don't need to see Ameobi play one second more to know he is nowhere near good enough.

Seriously, if you think Carroll would have done any better than Ameobi today, you're just not watching the game.

The lad had a decent shift. If you can accept that Stephen Carr can have non-cringeworthy games from time to time, why can't you give Ameobi the same benefit.

How many times did he hit the target?

How many chances did he create for others ?

How many good passes?

How many pointless free kicks did he give away?

If thats a decent shift we will never get anywhere near the top 6.

You can defend Shola as much as you like for his individual performances, but the bottom line is that he doesnt have the ability to make it into any of the top 6, so shouldnt be good enough for us.

The fact that he's not good enough for the top 6 has absolutely no bearing at the moment because

1. He's ours right now, like it or not.

2. Nobody will have him.

3. We're not going to be sitting anywhere near the top six for a while.

So as long as he's ours and non-saleable, why not use him when we have to and give him credit when he preforms to the best of his (limited) abilities.

I certainly wouldn't rather stick in a 19 year old who wasn't good enough for a Championship bottom side, much less the top six.

:lol: Of course he could have... plus why play a player who hasnt learned a thing in 7 years when we can play Carroll who is of equivalent ability but he might actually do something about being involved.

As for giving Shola 7/10 for today's game... have a day off man!

Libertine, stop kneejerking like a mong. As teasy states, we had no other option due to suspensions and injuries. Would you have played Carroll up front or Ameobi, your call.

Plus we had these options on the bench: Edgar, Troisi, Carroll and Lua Lua.

We didn't play that badly I thought, Bolton just had 10 men behind the ball and were right dirty fucks. We've got our point and Keegan will know who he needs to go and get and with a rumoured £20-30m to spend in the next 10 days, be patient.

I popped in to check the forum post match and I knew there'd be some fools saying things like "Call that entertainment?! omg sack everyone". Its one of the most predictable elements of the forum, the post match mong syndrom which I guess can't be helped  :lol:

Tough matches ahead! Time to reinforce big time  :clap:

How many good passes?

I'll say it again for those who arent listening "Who would YOU have played there instead?"

If allardyces team produced that would you be happy?

Im not happy, very dissappoint to be honest, no reflection on Keegan or anything, theres nothing more frustrating than having a team come and get 10 men behind the ball. Fair play to Bolton they stuck to a game plan and were successful, they had no intention of winning the game.

Second half was good to be honest, thought both roz was very good, also thought Zog had his moments, Duff was running out of ideas, didnt have the space he needed, i still believe that Zog ould make it in the centre, his direct running is very dangerous, it will open up spaces against teams who look to play football.

Milner is not good enough for the first team in my opinion, wasted alot of posession which came his way, his crossing isnt good enough and and times he can slow up play by cutting inside.

Owen was invisible today.

Shola is another one who isnt good enough, like a poor version of crouch in my opinion, rarely see him without a marker, he doesnt seem to be capable of shaking off him man. Link up play is ok but shouldnt get in the side once Viduka is back.

Defence was quite good today, Cacapa i thought was pretty good, seemed assured and surprisingly strong, didnt get dominated in the slightest today against arguable one of the most physical strikersin the league. Enrique was very good in my opinion, no one got past him, made some excellent runs as well, maybe a bit more of his attacking side that could be improved.

Taylor didnt have much to do, and Carr wasnt gbad to be fair, he supported Milner well, wasted a bit of possession in key areas defensively no real trouble.

Am I happy?, no, am I unhappy, no.  Would I be happy with exactly the same under Allardyce, the sad thing is yes I probably would have been...  Seven players missing, five of those being first team players.  Forced to play a defender in midfield and Ameobi up front, against a side intent on destroying any semblence of Football that came anywhere near the pitch.. should we really have expected a win?  At least we did still play some Football, which is what would have made me happy if it was under Allardyce.

How many times did he hit the target? None. But nobody else did either.

How many chances did he create for others ? Several. I'd argue that every chance we had this game was either an Ameobi layoff  or off a set piece.

How many good passes? See above

How many pointless free kicks did he give away? none. I don't recall any of his fouls being particularly bad.

If thats a decent shift we will never get anywhere near the top 6. completely immaterial. See my above reply.

You can defend Shola as much as you like for his individual performances, but the bottom line is that he doesnt have the ability to make it into any of the top 6, so shouldnt be good enough for us.

The fact that he's not good enough for the top 6 has absolutely no bearing at the moment because

2. Nobody will have him.

So as long as he's ours and non-saleable, why not use him when we have to and give him credit when he preforms to the best of his (limited) abilities.

I certainly wouldn't rather stick in a 19 year old who wasn't good enough for a Championship bottom side, much less the top six.

1/ What a reference.

2/ Norwich

3/ The only way to improve is to get players in who are better than the ones who have let us down in the last 3 years (at least)

Why did Ameobi repeatedly run into defenders, fall over and then look gormlessly at the referee in hope of being given a penalty? We desperately needed him to attack crosses and i can only remember him doing so on one occasion.

Milner was awful too, he hasn't looked anywhere near good enough to be a regular at this level for quite some time now.

Ameobi has been doing it for years, that or just fouling every time there is any chance of him getting the ball.

Milner wasn't great but I don't think he was awful. He hasn't really looked up to it for most of the season though, hopefully young Lua Lua will give him a bit more of a push for competition or a new signing. Still rate him and think he has a lot of potential with the qualities he does have he just needs to do more.

How many good passes?

I'll say it again for those who arent listening "Who would YOU have played there instead?"

Carroll aside, I would rather have matched their 5 in midfield with Lua Lua and not had him in the team.

Who would you have put in there then?

Edit: I never EVER said he was good,however needs must and all that.

to be honest i don't know, but i think i would have subbed him and given carrol a crack... im not disagreeing with who keegan put out, because unlike the guy before him on this occasion he didnt have the personel available, but really ameobie was very poor,a s was i think roz, but roz im not slating as much becasue that isnt his position

all im trying to point out is that ameobi has and all ways will play like this no matter what manager comes in.. he's always played like that and it's so frustrating

Given - 6.

Carr - 6.

Enrique - 7.

Cacapa - 6,5.

Taylor - 7.

Rozenhal - 6,5.

N'Zogbia - 6.

Milner - 5.

Duff - 4,5.

Ameobi - 5.

Owen - 4.

Lua Lua - 5.

2. Nobody will have him.

1/ What a reference.

2/ Norwich

3/ The only way to improve is to get players in who are better than the ones who have let us down in the last 3 years (at least)

So lets get this right,you think hes gonna be a starter every week?

You think Keegan is relying on Ameobi to burst us into the Top 4??Gawd give me strength,he played tonight coz there was fuck all else end of.

2. Nobody will have him.

1/ What a reference.

2/ Norwich

Your nitpicking is so pointless that it doesn't even properly pick the nits.

Again, everyone knows Ameobi isn't good enough for the top six. But he's ours right now and we didn't have anyone else to use today except a nineteen year old striker who was warming the bench for a championship side.

Selling him for nowt accomplishes absolutely nothing but further decreasing our squad depth. (Assuming he'd even agree to join a Championsihp side. HIGHLY doubtful.) You can sell him when we have five strikers who are clearly far and away better than he is.

We have him, so use him when we have to, and acknowledge him when he plays to the best of his limited abilities. That's all I'm saying.