Kevin Keegan's Black and White Army 0-0 Bolton - 19/1/08 - Reaction from Page 18

James

Guest Toon Barmy

2nd clean sheet in the league since september, had a lot more to do with us spending more time in their half me thinks, unlucky not to nick a win in the end.

he wrote for the People or something, then went on to the NOTW.

Says it all man.  He writes moronic pieces for papers read by morons.  He knows his target audience.

how many on here will read it and be foaming about it later ?

I can't believe how many people are getting riled by tabloid journalists.

That's how it works. They (the press) spend the entire week going on about Keegan the Messiah thereby whipping you lot into a frenzy, and making the rest of us absolutely sick to the tits of hearing about him.

Come match day, one of two things are going to happen. Either he is going to get the team playing like his much feted team, in which case said journos can write salivatory articles in his honour, or it doesn't work out that way, in which case they write stuff along the lines of 'false messiah' etc etc and wait for him to fuck it up.

Either way, the tabloids win.

That's how it works. They (the press) spend the entire week going on about Keegan the Messiah thereby whipping you lot into a frenzy, and making the rest of us absolutely sick to the tits of hearing about him.

Come match day, one of two things are going to happen. Either he is going to get the team playing like his much feted team, in which case said journos can write salivatory articles in his honour, or it doesn't work out that way, in which case they write stuff along the lines of 'false messiah' etc etc and wait for him to f*** it up.

and to top it off, a good sex scandal scoop on the front page!

Come match day, one of two things are going to happen. Either he is going to get the team playing like his much feted team, in which case said journos can write salivatory articles in his honour, or it doesn't work out that way, in which case they write stuff along the lines of 'false messiah' etc etc and wait for him to fuck it up.

Personally, what riles me is summed up in your last statement... fans never get the chance to get revenge on these arseholes. It pains me to see these scumbags getting away with writing utter bollocks every week - not just about Newcastle.

Come match day, one of two things are going to happen. Either he is going to get the team playing like his much feted team, in which case said journos can write salivatory articles in his honour, or it doesn't work out that way, in which case they write stuff along the lines of 'false messiah' etc etc and wait for him to f*** it up.

oh right...so what do you reckon we should do. drag them from their already scripted post match thoughts on the match yet to be to northumberland street for a very slow throat slitting with a blunt fork before disembowelling and being hung over a lamp post wearing red red and white keks on their only just hanging on heads ?

(please say yes)

oh right...so what do you reckon we should do. drag them from their already scripted post match thoughts on the match yet to be to northumberland street for a very slow throat slitting with a blunt fork before disembowelling and being hung over a lamp post wearing red red and white keks on their only just hanging on heads ?

(please say yes)

Probably.

But also consider the fact that you've had an awful lot of good press that last few days. Seriously, the rest of the country is sick of hearing about KK's return. In that coverage, there will also be some negative stuff. That's just the way it works, they love extremes. Everything is fucking brilliant, or everything is fucking rubbish, nobody wants to hear about everything being 'stable'.

That's why the likes of Villa, Man City, Everton and to a certain degree Newcastle were all unremarked upon by the press for years - nobody wants to know about non events.

Media-wsie I think you're onto a loser here. The same press which built KK up as the returning messiah are just pissing their pants with excitement right now at all the column inches they're going to fill as the situation develop. And don't think they're all waiting for you to do well - they're not, they're waiting and hoping it goes tits up, because that fills more column inches than anything.

Which is one reason why I think this is a bad appointment, but I won't go off on that tangent, I've had a bit too much to drink to be cogent.

(please say yes)

Probably.

But also consider the fact that you've had an awful lot of good press that last few days. Seriously, the rest of the country is sick of hearing about KK's return. In that coverage, there will also be some negative stuff. That's just the way it works, they love extremes. Everything is fucking brilliant, or everything is fucking rubbish, nobody wants to hear about everything being 'stable'.

That's why the likes of Villa, Man City, Everton and to a certain degree Newcastle were all unremarked upon by the press for years - nobody wants to know about non events.

Media-wsie I think you're onto a loser here. The same press which built KK up as the returning messiah are just pissing their pants with excitement right now at all the column inches they're going to fill as the situation develop. And don't think they're all waiting for you to do well - they're not, they're waiting and hoping it goes tits up, because that fills more column inches than anything.

Which is one reason why I think this is a bad appointment, but I won't go off on that tangent, I've had a bit too much to drink to be cogent.

I can completely see why the rest of the country is fed up of all the KK talk. What fucks us off is that it appears to be the fans getting all the blame for it.

Once again, the TV, Papers, Radio, never get slagged off (publicly) for going overboard. Yet on top of all their coverage, the likes of SSN and TalkSport still continue to get dozens of non-Newcastle fans from around the country wanting to talk about us. If they stopped calling in, they might get the message that no one ones to talk about it.

(please say yes)

Probably.

But also consider the fact that you've had an awful lot of good press that last few days. Seriously, the rest of the country is sick of hearing about KK's return. In that coverage, there will also be some negative stuff. That's just the way it works, they love extremes. Everything is f****** brilliant, or everything is f****** rubbish, nobody wants to hear about everything being 'stable'.

we've had good press from SSN nad setanta but i'd say apart from headlines the written press has been very guarded. literally waiting to see which way it goes. my guess is the reports were written before a ball was kicked.

the unfortunate thing is we can't trust the press (not just NUFC but you aswell brummie). you've been on here long enough to know those to call a game as it was and you'll know those in your own area........do you believe them or is there ONE  man in the press you trust as much ?

Once again, the TV, Papers, Radio, never get slagged off (publicly) for going overboard. Yet on top of all their coverage, the likes of SSN and TalkSport still continue to get dozens of non-Newcastle fans from around the country wanting to talk about us. If they stopped calling in, they might get the message that no one ones to talk about it.

Talk Sport are a bit different, in that they're desperate for something to talk about 90 percent of the time, same with SSN, as 90 percent of the time, there is nothing whatseover happening.

As Madras said, you can't trust the press. They're in it for themselves, every single time.

The commentator (not Steve Banyard, the other one) was quick to sink the boot in at anything that went wrong too.

He's had the team for 72 hours, I'm not exactly sure what they were expecting.

We didn't play badly, just struggled to break down a very resilient Bolton side.

Even the Big 4 struggle to break down teams that put men behind the ball, the only difference being they have the quality players that can pull a goal from no-where and change the complexion of the match. We don't have that.

Arsenal will be a more interesting game as far as attacking goes, as unlike Bolton they will come out at us and play.

A 0-0 draw under KK, who'd have thought it?

The game - much as expected from Bolton and anyone in their position would play the same way..

We are in a bad position and some of us knew that before KK took over - today's result piles more pressure on the club because a) we were playing another side on the fringe of the relegation battle and the loss of two points pulls us further into the scrap, and b) we now need to get a couple of points from away games which we wouldn't have done if we had won this match..

Worse still is the fact that other teams will have seen how easily Bolton were able to snuff us out in midfield and will set out their stall at SJP the same way(unless they are Chelsea or Man U and then they'll come to win)..

The loss of 4 members of the squad in mid-season shows the folly of buying African players just because they are cheap - this so-called 'good value for money which Allardyce ranted on about may end up costing the club dear in lost points and the lack of any intelligent play from midfield made it easy for Bolton because the movement off the ball is poor as is the ability to spot a player in a good position.

KK will certainly rectify the movement off the ball, but he can only work with what he has ; poor crossing from Milner spoiled some moves and Ameobi was - Ameobi; not good enough

Apart from the odd piece of complacency, I thought Enrique did OK - the Press slagging of him is totally unjustified in my opinion and his passing is usually good.

KK will now know the extent of his task and he needs to move fast to get some players in - a repeat of this against Boro will really put us up against it for the rest of the season.

As for the Press , the answer is in your own hands - just DON'T BUY THE PAPER and hit them where it hurts, in the pocket.

The game - much as expected from Bolton and anyone in their position would play the same way..

We are in a bad position and some of us knew that before KK took over - today's result piles more pressure on the club because a) we were playing another side on the fringe of the relegation battle and the loss of two points pulls us further into the scrap, and b) we now need to get a couple of points from away games which we wouldn't have done if we had won this match..

Worse still is the fact that other teams will have seen how easily Bolton were able to snuff us out in midfield and will set out their stall at SJP the same way(unless they are Chelsea or Man U and then they'll come to win)..

The loss of 4 members of the squad in mid-season shows the folly of buying African players just because they are cheap - this so-called 'good value for money which Allardyce ranted on about may end up costing the club dear in lost points and the lack of any intelligent play from midfield made it easy for Bolton because the movement off the ball is poor as is the ability to spot a player in a good position.

KK will certainly rectify the movement off the ball, but he can only work with what he has ; poor crossing from Milner spoiled some moves and Ameobi was - Ameobi; not good enough

Apart from the odd piece of complacency, I thought Enrique did OK - the Press slagging of him is totally unjustified in my opinion and his passing is usually good.

KK will now know the extent of his task and he needs to move fast to get some players in - a repeat of this against Boro will really put us up against it for the rest of the season.

As for the Press , the answer is in your own hands - just DON'T BUY THE PAPER and hit them where it hurts, in the pocket.

HTT  you have competition.

A fairly negative thread, tbh. However, I particularly liked SUPERTOON's contribution:

what a shocking game

-

surely it can only get better i was expecting ths type of game

Keegan may have returned but the players are still rubbish

-

we really need a win on this one otherwise we are in a relegation battle especially with our games coming up

-

this team really needs some work

-

'Can't see us scoring tbh'

agreed

the relegation threat looms large

-

we would be getting booed if playing like this with Sam in charge

-

this is truely awful

-

better get spending

-

wish someone would score this is sooooooooo boring

-

we are not going to score and we are in a relegation battle

KK needs to start spending and soon

-

'Should have scored ameobi'

The worst player at the club

-

just shows how bad these players really are other than Zoggy and Given wouldnt care if the rest left

-

said it as soon as the bolton pre match thread was made

we are rubbish no matter who our manager is

-

not in the near future and we are now in a serious battle to avoid relegation

:clap:

SUPERTOON is on form as usual  :lol:

....maybe SUPER A.D.D :iamatwat:

Well I hope Keegan gets in a decent Midfielder we desperately need one. Nice to see Given actually pass the ball instead of hoofing it up to the forwards. Any reason why Viduka wasn't playing or even in the squad?, Enrique and Zoggs seem to have good understanding with each other I noticed he was passing to Him more than say Duff. I hope he doesn't use Ameobi to often! two left legs and a small brain not a good combination.