Bolton - a warning

Guest Knightrider

Don't see what's wrong with it personally. If we did that against Arsenal next weekend I'd be damn proud of the team. They came here for a point and they got it. Well done Bolton. Tough s*** if every team comes to St. James' and wants to play for a point, it's our job to break them down.

Absolutely and totally right - we don't have a divine right to win at SJP and as I KEEP saying, but many on here ignore because they can't see the wood for the trees, we are in a relegation battle which will ruin the club if we lose - we will not be safe until we have a min of 42 points.

We've been in this situation the last 4 years, we will not get relegated.

Relegation ffs. Have a word.

And even if we did, how would it ruin the club exactly? We're not in a single penny's worth of debt.

Are people actually considering the "R" word?

And we complain when the media say we're unrealistic?

We'll not get relegated, we were OK today but lacked a spark.  Something happened today which I haven't seen for a very long time.  We played our second game in a week and for the second time played for 90 minutes.  Not bad considering we played most of the game on Wednesday with 10 men, we'll be OK.

Guest nufc222

I think what bolton did made me feel very optimistic. This is the sort of problems th ebig clubs have an when you see teams like liverpool or arsenal drop points it is from an inability to break down a team.

I think the fact a team came with the complete attempt to get a 0-0 shows the progress we have already made.

Under BS it would be us going away to teams putting up that performance (but not being able to achieve it)

The fact that we completely controlled a game is something we have not seen since in the prem since wigan at home

Would I be right in thinking that Bolton would have adopted different tactics had Sam still been in charge.

If so, shows a swicth in mentality towards us already if the first team here comes looking to defend. i think they would have really gone for us under Sam.

Just have to build on that now.

Guest trotter58

Some of you lot are just plain embarrassing. Since when has it been the opposition's role to turn up and hand you the points? If your team doesn't possess the guile to beat a team that cost a fraction of the money pissed away by your mob over the last few years, then that's your problem not ours. Perhaps you should have appointed someone with some tactical ability! Arsenal have to cope with opposition teams playing for a point every single home game and it doesn't get in the way of their attempts to play football. Your team couldn't manage a SINGLE SHOT on target yesterday! If you think that you're not relegation candidates, then think again.

Some of you lot are just plain embarrassing. Since when has it been the opposition's role to turn up and hand you the points? If your team doesn't possess the guile to beat a team that cost a fraction of the money pissed away by your mob over the last few years, then that's your problem not ours. Perhaps you should have appointed someone with some tactical ability! Arsenal have to cope with opposition teams playing for a point every single home game and it doesn't get in the way of their attempts to play football. Your team couldn't manage a SINGLE SHOT on target yesterday! If you think that you're not relegation candidates, then think again.

If your pleased with the future you have ahead of you under Megson then the best of luck to you mate

Some of you lot are just plain embarrassing. Since when has it been the opposition's role to turn up and hand you the points?

Playing 89 minutes in your own area isn't exactly something to boast about.

Fact is, we only have ourselves to blame, not Bolton.

As someone else said, if we'd played like that against Arsenal, he'd been proud - I would have been embarrassed, personally, but understood it against a class outfit like Arsenal - we arent a class outfit, and Bolton played about the most negative game I've ever seen.

You're correct inasmuch as its every teams job to get a result.

But to expect praise for such a performance is pushing it.

Good article: -

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/html/tbawe.htm

"You also have to agree with the implicit sentiment in Kevin's words that it is a game no longer worth watching by and large. Don't get me wrong I have no affection whatsoever for Man Utd or Arsenal but they are worth watching for the sublime nature of their play. We've been going to see NUFC play out of a sense of obligation in recent seasons rather than due to any great expectation. Jesus, it wasn't Souness, Roeder or Allardyce or Shepherd or Sir John Big Mouth Tory Bastard which kept the attendances at SJP on the 50K+ side but the warm memories of KK, Peter Beardsley, Rob Lee, Sir Les and Shearer.

But the rest, including us? Watchable? Bolton? Wigan? Birmingham? Everton, Villa? As a neutral is it really worth a couple of hours of your life watching 22 very fit and athletic lads, cover every blade of grass, close the oppo down, get 10 players behind the ball, dive, cheat, waste time, play the percentages etc etc? Is it really worth watching Chelsea or Liverpool go to wherever and just grind out a completely forgettable and predictable result? Is it fuck and as SKY-Setanta discovered last week from this hombre, I'm not longer going to shell out the thick end of £50 per month to watch it, because I haven't been. And I won't be.

KK's words should have struck at the heart of football - not as a reflection on how he regarded the game but as a medical on the game's health. This is a man, for all of his flaws who has oozed enthusiasm and love of football - who purred at the skills of Asprilla, Ginola and Beardsley and who had become so disenfranchised by the game, he couldn't be arsed to watch it, despite the game having been his life."

Apart from Man U and Arsenal, most teams in the Premiership are boring to watch.

The Bolton fan will just be defending his team out of a sense of duty just like we do. He'll know they are awful to watch just like we know we have been since Bobby left.

Hopefully Keegan will attract some exciting, attacking players because he will tell them that NUFC are going to attack rather than try to grind out results.

Guest trotter58

Some of you lot are just plain embarrassing. Since when has it been the opposition's role to turn up and hand you the points?

Playing 89 minutes in your own area isn't exactly something to boast about.

Fact is, we only have ourselves to blame, not Bolton.

As someone else said, if we'd played like that against Arsenal, he'd been proud - I would have been embarrassed, personally, but understood it against a class outfit like Arsenal - we arent a class outfit, and Bolton played about the most negative game I've ever seen.

You're correct inasmuch as its every teams job to get a result.

But to expect praise for such a performance is pushing it.

No-one's expecting praise, just a sense of realism from some of the more deluded on here. The fact is that any manager will send out a team to frustrate the opposition in any way he can. If you don't have the team or the manager to combat this, it's pretty futile to blame the opposition for spoiling your party. We haven't accumulated many points away from home all season and our league position dictates that we do something about that.

Bolton were just lucky to be playing our weakest team this season. a couple of quality midfielders added to the side and teams like this would be shown up for what they are. Talentless turds who's only ambition is to grind their way to another season of toil in the Premier.

Guest trotter58

Bolton were just lucky to be playing our weakest team this season. a couple of quality midfielders added to the side and teams like this would be shown up for what they are. Talentless turds who's only ambition is to grind their way to another season of toil in the Premier.

...and you lot were lucky that Anelka wasn't in our team and Diouff is at the African Nations Cup! Our 'talentless' team has just reached the last 32 of the UEFA Cup. When was the last time you lot even qualified for Europe via the league?!

Are you seriously happy with that shite yesterday? The way Bolton played was terrible, only interested in stopping football being played. When SA went to places like Derby looking for a draw everyone on here were fuming.

At one point Davis strolled into Newcastle's half and Megson ripped into him. If you have to watch that every week i can fully understand why the reebok is always half empty

Why do opposition fans expect a fair hearing on a Newcastle forum? Bolton are shit and so are Newcastle. The difference? We now have hope of a better future with Mike Ashley's cash backing and the prospect of exciting, attacking football under Keegan. What hope have Bolton got?

Guest trotter58

Are you seriously happy with that s**** yesterday?

You should be far more concerned about your own team's performance than ours. Not to manage a single shot on target at home to a team you were obviously expecting to beat, should be cause for concern and if it isn't, then you're sleep-walking your way to the Championship.

...and you lot were lucky that Anelka wasn't in our team and Diouff is at the African Nations Cup! Our 'talentless' team has just reached the last 32 of the UEFA Cup. When was the last time you lot even qualified for Europe via the league?!

When was the last time your team qualified for the CL? Oh wait...

Guest trotter58

Why do opposition fans expect a fair hearing on a Newcastle forum? Bolton are s*** and so are Newcastle. The difference? We now have hope of a better future with Mike Ashley's cash backing and the prospect of exciting, attacking football under Keegan*. What hope have Bolton got?

*And we reserve the right to trot out the same tired old sentiments every single time we appoint a new manager.

Guest trotter58

What happened to the attacking football you were expecting under Sammy Lee, trotter?

That's what got us into this mess in the first place! All attack and no defence (© Kevin Keegan)

What a completely adolecent comment.

We all know we have won nowt and arent very good at the minute but our record in Europe over the recent years is ever so slightly better than Boltons.

Damn that Allardyce man for finally getting you there.

Edit.. just to add really that we appreciate other fans coming on here and offering their opinion of the toon from their side but you have to come out with better comments than that