Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

Guest sicko2ndbest

Yes they've had a bid accepted from an unnamed premiership team who have recently changed managers, and are hoping for an upturn in results from the man they call the Messiah

Yes they've had a bid accepted from an unnamed premiership team who have recently changed managers, and are hoping for an upturn in results from the man they call the Messiah

Can't see him going to Bolton like.

I am concerned about this window. A couple of weeks ago Sven said he was very close to getting a couple of players, one being a big name. This seems to have gone by the wayside. Sven it seems has little problem in attracting players as his summer ventures show, yet this window seems to be one of frustration.

Who wants to sell their good players in january.

Would you sell Beye if Spurs came in with a big bid? And be stuck with Carr for 6 months. Would you f***. Im sure you can think of a bajillion other examples.

You can only get players who someone wants to sell. Which usually means they are s****. And whats the point in that.

What about Anelka? Was he s***?

You can buy players in January. Just unsettle them first, so they get itchy feet  :angel:

I don't think Bolton had alot of choices :(

(1) Chelsea is more attractive for Anelka - Champions League Team, Top of the Premiership, Possibilities of trophies, $$$

(2) Bolton ain't exactly a very rich club

Even if they compel Anelka to stay, would there not be displeasure? A lot boils down to the player, then whether is the club financially sound?

Regards

Ericz

Anyone hear what was said on SS1 then? About Deco?

Spurs_From_Africa watched him on the telly earlier. Found out he's a big Spurs fan since the womb apparently. ;)

:lol:

I didnt catch it all, Said some thing like Keegan is has great pulling power and Deco is available.

I am concerned about this window. A couple of weeks ago Sven said he was very close to getting a couple of players, one being a big name. This seems to have gone by the wayside. Sven it seems has little problem in attracting players as his summer ventures show, yet this window seems to be one of frustration.

Who wants to sell their good players in january.

Would you sell Beye if Spurs came in with a big bid? And be stuck with Carr for 6 months. Would you f***. Im sure you can think of a bajillion other examples.

You can only get players who someone wants to sell. Which usually means they are s****. And whats the point in that.

What about Anelka? Was he shit?

You can buy players in January. Just unsettle them first, so they get itchy feet  :angel:

No, but Bolton are absolutely mental for letting him go and are now likely to be relegated.

I doubt there are too many others similarly stupid...

I wonder how many teams currently with a sniff of Europe are willing to pack off one of their best players at the first sniff of a few quid.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle boss has cash ready for Celt

Keegan to offer

£8M for Brown

the Sunday Post (scotland)

By Danny Stewart

KEVIN KEEGAN is set to test Gordon Strachan’s resolve to keep hold of his top stars with a £8-million bid for Scott Brown.

The Toon Army idol has swept back into St James Park on a tide of emotion. And in a determined effort to ensure the feel-good factor continues, the club’s billionaire owner Mike Ashley has promised to give his manager the cash he needs for an instant rebuild of the team.

It’s understood Brown, who cost Celtic a record £4.4-million fee in the summer, is near the top of Keegan’s wish list.

But having seen his 22-year-old midfielder lead the champions to a 1-0 win over Kilmarnock yesterday — his shot was deflected in by Martyn Corrigan for the game’s only goal — the Celtic boss insists he doesn’t want to sell anyone.

“I don’t want to have anyone going out the way,” he said.

“You look at this afternoon’s game and we lost Andreas Hinkel and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink to injuries.

“Jan needed five stitches following what was a nasty head wound whilst Andreas has picked a thigh injury.

“You need to have a lot of good players around you to step up and carry the weight in these situations, and that’s what we’ve got.

“Paul Hartley filled in at right back really well but we also needed Scott’s driving runs from the centre of midfield which we got today.

“I thought he did really well and Massimo Donati was fantastic. Shunsuke Nakamura also showed some great touches.”

“We created a great deal of chances and were defied by some find saves from Alan Combe.”

Kilmarnock manager Jim Jefferies agreed.

He said, “Alan was brilliant for us today and how he is not involved in the Scotland set up I don’t know.

“Scratch that. I know what it is but I’m going to keep it to myself. The application of the whole team was excellent. We know Celtic have got better players than us but we kept working away at them.

“In the end it has been decided by the own goal. Martyn scored it but to be fair to him he thought there was somebody behind him.

“It’s a shame because Alan reckons it was probably going about five yards wide.”

Guest mobiius

Bentley's a better player than bent and he went for 15 mil or summat, so if you look at it like that.....

Would pay 15 - 20 mill for him cos the kid is well worth it in todays market. As you correctly pointed out he's better than bent by a mile  and an interesting fact is when blackburn signed him from the arse he went on and scored a hatrick against the MANure, the 1st person to do so in the history of the prem. His free kicks , vision and passing are exactly what we need.

I dunno... lately regional national teams have been pretty disappointing... England, Scotland, Wales etc have not been at the top of the game.

Hence, I don't really rate Scottish players highly. As for SWP, I can't help feeling he's abit inconsistent at times. The only English player I would consider outside the top 4 is maybe only Micah Richards.

I would really prefer some french flair or portuguese or maybe even brazilian/argentinian flair, mazy ball-dribbling techniques.

However, Keegan did say that he want someone who's proven in the Premiership. Mmmm... *pondering*

Regards,

Ericz

Newcastle boss has cash ready for Celt

Keegan to offer

£8M for Brown

the Sunday Post (scotland)

By Danny Stewart

KEVIN KEEGAN is set to test Gordon Strachan’s resolve to keep hold of his top stars with a £8-million bid for Scott Brown.

The Toon Army idol has swept back into St James Park on a tide of emotion. And in a determined effort to ensure the feel-good factor continues, the club’s billionaire owner Mike Ashley has promised to give his manager the cash he needs for an instant rebuild of the team.

It’s understood Brown, who cost Celtic a record £4.4-million fee in the summer, is near the top of Keegan’s wish list.

Hmm, I seem to remember it wasn't that long ago that we paid lots more for a player from a big Glasgow club than they got him for 6 months prior. Didn't turn out very well last time...

However, Keegan did say that he want someone who's proven in the Premiership. Mmmm... *pondering*

I thought what he said was that he wanted someone who wouldn't have to take time to adapt to the Premiership. That's a slightly different thing.

Surely the Deco link is too tenuous to get excited about. Seems unlikely to me, no matter how great it could be in dreamland. :)

However! I could get my hopes up for a bit, it feels good in the short term.  :lol: