Dennis Wise interviewed on NUFC.co.uk (page 23)

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It depends on the quality of player, doesn't it?

If you bring in 4 exceptional players, or 4 players who are easily a lot better than what we have in their positions, then surely that could be enough to strengthen the squad?

If you bring in 4 average players, then you're struggling.

It depends on the quality of player, doesn't it?

If you bring in 4 exceptional players, or 4 players who are easily a lot better than what we have in their positions, then surely that could be enough to strengthen the squad?

If you bring in 4 average players, then you're struggling.

Yes true

Without Elano and Petrov and Richards Man City would be in a similiar situation to us!

Very happy with the vision though, interesting times ahead

Wise will help us follow Arsenal, claims Keegan

Comment

Newcastle's new executive director, Dennis Wise

KEVIN Keegan last night claimed Dennis Wise's appointment as Newcastle's new executive director would help the Magpies emulate the model of recruiting and developing players that has transformed Arsenal into the most successful club side in the country.

Wise was at the Emirates Stadium yesterday to watch Newcastle's second 3-0 defeat to the Gunners in the space of four days.

He was officially confirmed as part of Newcastle's new managerial structure less than 24 hours after he stepped down as manager of Leeds United.

Tony Jimenez was also confirmed as the club's new vice-president (player recruitment), and former Real Madrid scout Jeff Vetere was appointed technical co-ordinator.

The trio of appointments has created a tier of management that will be responsible for overhauling Newcastle's Academy system, as well as scouting and development of emerging talent from all corners of the world.

Arsenal have profited from such a system since Arsene Wenger was appointed more than a decade ago, with last night's victory taking them three points clear of Manchester United at the top of the Premier League table.

advertisement

With Keegan retaining sole responsibility for Newcastle's first-team affairs, critics have claimed that Wise's appointment will create inevitable tension.

But after again insisting he was aware of Wise's likely arrival when he agreed to succeed Sam Allardyce, Keegan has claimed the former England international will help Newcastle emulate Arsenal's successful blueprint for spotting and nurturing talent.

"I'm fine about all of this," said the Magpies manager. "I pretty much know from conversations we had what Dennis is going to do.

"The idea in principle is very good - to go and look for young players and bring a lot of youngsters in to shore up what we haven't got enough of in our Academy. It's really for my benefit.

"Newcastle is a great club and it's all there - it's just not packaged quite right at the moment. The reason Arsenal are doing well is that they are packaged in a way that all the people know what they're all about.

"I don't think we're there yet, and that's why these changes are necessary. I think they're right, and you know I'd be the first person to tell you if I didn't."

Having been taken somewhat by surprise by the speed of this week's developments, Keegan intends to hold a face-to-face discussion with both Wise and Jimenez before Sunday's game with Middlesbrough.

The Magpies manager worked with Wise during England's ill-fated campaign at Euro 2000, and feels confident the former Leeds manager will be a success in his new position.

"I'm all for the changes," he added. "It's not a problem, I approve of them. We had this discussion when I took the job.

"I didn't know who would be the director, but they want someone on the board who understands football.

"Whatever people want to write about Dennis Wise, he does understand football. I know Dennis and I think it will work very well. But time will tell.

"People are entitled to write what they want but, from my point of view, I see it as a positive thing. As long as I can get on with my job, and I get all the help I need - and that's the way it's been put to me - you would be a fool to say, 'Well, I don't want that'."

One of Wise's chief responsibilities will be the scouting of new players, but with the transfer window due to close tomorrow evening, Keegan has all but accepted that he will not be welcoming a new arrival this month.

Derby turned down Newcastle's £2m offer for Giles Barnes this week.

But while Rams boss Paul Jewell has admitted the teenage midfielder will be allowed to leave if the price is right, Keegan does not anticipate an increased bid being lodged within the next 48 hours.

"I don't think it'll happen," he said.

"If we'd got two players in, which was the original intention, someone like him would have been perfect to slide in as one for the future.

"I don't think we'll do it in this transfer window, but we might do three or four of those types of signings in the summer.

"That's what this new set-up is all about. It could be a very interesting to club to be at. I think it will be."

Interesting article but the transfer bit sounds a bit shite!  3 or 4 in the summer Kev? How about 10 or 12 FFS

I read that as 3 or 4 signings of players for the future.

Kevin Keegan:

"They want someone on the board who understands football, and Dennis knows it very well. I think it will work very well. He reports to me - the chain is established."

Official Website:

"Dennis will assist the Board on football related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman."

Didn't take long for a bit of conflict did it.  :frantic:

Guest DONTOONER

At least i like the direction the youth policy is heading..... As long as we get the right trainers in...we might be looking at good players in 4 to 5 years...All we need now is a dutch coach...

Interview on World with Wise.

Keegan gets the final say on everything.

Vetere's focus is on European players.

Jimenez negotiates, and has a say on when the club should back out.

Wise's primary focus is on getting homegrown players good enough for the first team.

Wise Words: I'm Here To Bring Top Talent To Toon

DENNIS Wise says that he has arrived at Newcastle United with the task of bringing the best young talent from across the globe to Tyneside.

The former England international was this week installed as the Executive Director (Football) at St.James' Park and was joined by Tony Jimenez in his role as Vice President (Player Recruitment) and Jeff Vetere as Technical Co-ordinator.

And Wise admits that it didn't take too long to accept the challenge offered to him by Magpie owner Mike Ashely.

"I'm looking forward to it. It's a big challenge and it's something that when I was asked it didn't take too long to say yes," the 41-year-old told Newcastle World TV in an exclusive interview.

"It's something different. I'm really looking forward to it and I intend to make it happen.

"The size of the club and the ambition of the owner, what he wants to achieve, attracted me.

"He not only wants to bring the best players here, he wants the best young players as well.

"He wants to get them from wherever he can get them from. He wants it to grow - that's what he feels is the right way to go.

"It's something we need to build and take on. We need to get as much young talent as possible at this football club.

"I've got to concentrate more on the Academy. We need some more young blood coming through of our own, that's something that needs to be looked at.

"We also need to look abroad for young players and that is my intention for the next few years."

Wise - pictured with Jeff Vetere and Tony Jimenez welcoming youngsters Fabio Zamblera and Oli Soderberg to St. James' Park - says bringing through youngsters is something that both staff and supporters alike wish to see happening.

He added: "I enjoyed working with young kids, bringing them through. I did that at Millwall and Leeds.

"I enjoyed that part of it. It gave me great satisfaction seeing young kids come through and play for the club they've grown up with. It's important that happens.

"Fans want to recognise someone. When you have a home grown player it's very important to the fans to have that special bonding.

"We want a few of them because a lot of top teams have got a couple of their players in there and we would like a few more in Newcastle's team."

Wise Words: I'm Here To Help KK

DENNIS Wise is looking forward to working with Kevin Keegan at Newcastle United in his new role as Executive Director.

The former Leeds boss has come to St. James' Park as part of the club's new-look set-up.

And he was quick to counter some of the inaccurate media reports that have appeared since his appointment.

In an exclusive interview with Newcastle World TV, Dennis said: "A lot of people have got a little mixed up with the reason I'm here and we need to straighten that out quite quickly.

"I'm not here to be involved in the first team. I'm not here to manage.

"I'm here to help Kevin as much as possible with bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him.

"He'll say yes or no. He has the final word, no one else. I'm not going to do things like bring players in behind his back, I'm not into that.

"Everything that happens will be run past him and he'll say yes or no."

Wise played for KK at senior England level and is looking forward to renewing a good working relationship.

He added: "I get on very well with Kevin. He's a good man and has a good rapport with the players.

"He treats players like proper men. He's not a shouter or a bawler, he treats players with respect and that's why he gets the best out of them."

Both from Craig Hope at NUFC.co.uk, basically just reporting what Wise said in his video interview on the site...

Another piece of hilarous Alan Oliver shite

David "the clown" Craig,  was just on SSN claming that this story was set to be in the evening chronicle and he had the exclusive interview to what was going to be said.

Highly amusing considering he could have just had a quick look on .cock and see the quotes for himself. Suppose he would prefer to keep his "special" relationship with Anal though.

I wonder how the papers will twist this then? I mean Wise couldn't be more clear as to his relationship with Keegan. They must be scratching their heads on how they can twist his words. But they will.

Or of course, just ignore it altogether. :crazy2:

I wonder how the papers will twist this then? I mean Wise couldn't be more clear as to his relationship with Keegan. They must be scratching their heads on how they can twist his words. But they will.

Or of course, just ignore it altogether. :crazy2:

Lets see shall we. I'll come back to this thread when they have and point out how they did it.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

by the way lads, thought i should post this in here, five live interviewed redknapp this morning about the benjani situation and as he was going off air, they asked him did ashley tell him bout wise and the set up when he was offered the job, his response was simply no. That he would have wanted to bring his own people in, and that the wise thing was never mentioned, interesting, as it leads me to assume that the same was done for keegan?

Kevin Keegan:

"They want someone on the board who understands football, and Dennis knows it very well. I think it will work very well. He reports to me - the chain is established."

Official Website:

"Dennis will assist the Board on football related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman."

Didn't take long for a bit of conflict did it.   :frantic:

Well he will report to the chairman and to Keegan obviously, one of his main jobs is a liaison between the team/manager and the board/chairman.

by the way lads, thought i should post this in here, five live interviewed redknapp this morning about the benjani situation and as he was going off air, they asked him did ashley tell him bout wise and the set up when he was offered the job, his response was simply no. That he would have wanted to bring his own people in, and that the wise thing was never mentioned, interesting, as it leads me to assume that the same was done for keegan?

He was never offered the job, he loves to claim he was though.. :lol:

Guest float one in

Keegans already said that he was made fully aware of the intentions and he was given a list of names, one of which was Wise, before he took the job.

Would be inclined to believe Kev rather than that cockney ****.