Spurs - why do so many people on here hate them?

Rob W

I;m not sure - I always like to say I hate whichever cockney team we happen to be playing at the time the most but when asked what's my instinctive answer I've always said Spurs.

However I have to say I can't believe so many people on here put them ahead of Liverpool and Man U in the hate list.

As well as those two I also hate Leeds, Forest and Sheff Wed more than I hate Spurs.

I'm not convinced Jenas could do much to help us at the minute. He needs players around him playing well or else he just sinks into invisibility. He's like an anti-Gerrard.

How 'bout we put you in there you c*** muscle and see how you do.

Jenas is the goldenFISH dont forget boiee!

:lol: wtf?!

Ey dont swear c*** really is something beautiful! Ey btw, i hate spurs gut and everything about them. They're just disgusting and ugly. I can't say we are beautiful but we do have Keefaz!

hats off to this guy, swearing all the time, yet nobody can't figure if he's actually insulting people.. clever

oh and come oon youu spuuurs!

I'm not convinced Jenas could do much to help us at the minute. He needs players around him playing well or else he just sinks into invisibility. He's like an anti-Gerrard.

How 'bout we put you in there you c*** muscle and see how you do.

Jenas is the goldenFISH dont forget boiee!

:lol: wtf?!

Ey dont swear c*** really is something beautiful! Ey btw, i hate spurs gut and everything about them. They're just disgusting and ugly. I can't say we are beautiful but we do have Keefaz!

hats off to this guy, swearing all the time, yet nobody can't figure if he's actually insulting people.. clever

oh and come oon youu spuuurs!

Nah i aint insulting no one i dont play by that game, im just trying to make something positive out of my useless sparetime.

I quite like West Ham fans, they always seem decent enough... not sure about Spurs, it has definitely escalated since they finished above us a couple of times and conveniently forgot about the previous 10 years!

:nope:

Not sure really, it's irrational of me but it's how I feel. I just can't stand them.

I certainly wouldn't ever dream of labeling all their fans with the same adjective but I would say a lot of the ones I've come across are arrogant and irritating - and strangely they seem to dislike us just as much.

I think one of the main reasons I think of them as I do is more or less because they've always felt like a close competitor, other than for a few years (sometimes we've been on a higher level, sometimes on a lower) here and there. A rival, more or less. It is pretty irrational like I said.

Cos they're cockney c***s, in a nutshell.

spurs is north london...

Sometimes I get the feeling that (for some posters) "cockney" refers to anything south of Leeds.

That's how I use it, despite knowing full well how factually incorrect it is. If nothing else it winds the fuckers up.

Same here. I think most are aware it's East London.

exactly, most people know it's East London, but they are all the same

They are rivals in terms of league positioning, also alot of them are quite smug and deluded, not all of them though, infact i may be wrong and most are ok.

I think alot of Newcastle fans may also just be bitter that us and Spurs seem to have swapped positions over the past couple of years, in terms of finishing in the top 5 and being in Europe anyway.

"alot of them are quite smug and DELUDED..."

Not many people like that on here is there?

This forum is a eutopia of common sense and realism in comparison to any Spurs forum I've ever been on.  They are completely deluded, from there belief that they were a top side the moment they finished 5th once in over 10 years of lower then mid table mediocrity.  To there gang of ITK's who think they know not only everything that's happening with the Spuds but also everything that's going to happen at every other club as well.  Obviously they must have plenty of decent fans, but overall they are the most deluded fans I've ever witnessed apart from the Stoke lot, who were frankly insane!

Reasons to dislike Spurs.

1 The southern press build them up with the same enthusiasm as they try to tear us down.

2 Waddle,  Newcastle all fish n chips,paupers. Spurs Steaks and classy. Come and join me Gazza etc.

3 Stomach turning protests by Spurs fans when Lazio took "their" Gazza from them.

Remember the great words of  K Keegan "never again will this club become a nursery club for smaller clubs"

He did'nt say who but we all knew at the time he meant Spurs. Lets hope he picks up where he left off.

Doug.

Reasons to dislike Spurs.

1 The southern press build them up with the same enthusiasm as they try to tear us down.

2 Waddle,  Newcastle all fish n chips,paupers. Spurs Steaks and classy. Come and join me Gazza etc.

3 Stomach turning protests by Spurs fans when Lazio took "their" Gazza from them.

Remember the great words of  K Keegan "never again will this club become a nursery club for smaller clubs"

He did'nt say who but we all knew at the time he meant Spurs. Lets hope he picks up where he left off.

Doug.

I didn't really dislike that until now. :p

In my humble opinion, I am of the view that loving/supporting a team doesn't mean hating the others. So no, I do not hate them at all, just like I do not hate Sunderland either. It does not always have to be that way. We should should bring love into the world, not hatred.

In truth, I am very happy for them for what they have achieved in the past 2 seasons. They have perform very well under Martin Jol. I really hope they will be able to provide some competition for the 'Big Four'. That way, it provides more competition. In any case, their current manager, Juande Ramos is also a world-class manager. An excellent choice. Their squad is relatively decent as well and I reckon some of their players will walk into any premiership squad anyday.

Additionally, it is always fantastic to see Newcastle winning against opponents that are worthy instead of teams where the standard of football is appalling.

Regards,

Ericz