Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

My dads phoned me to say there's been a news flash and he's signing for us on monday?

weres the newsflash at??

He heard it on the radio, didn't mention which station like

At my dads house!

were did he get it from??

He heard it on the radio, not sure which station like

My dads phoned me to say there's been a news flash and he's signing for us on monday?

weres the newsflash at??

At my dads house!

From an estate agent!

:lol:

Woodgate's experience will be great for Taylor in particular, even when he is injured (which hopefully won't be too often).

Plus we have really decent backups now, especially when Faye returns.

Woodgate's experience will be great for Taylor in particular, even when he is injured (which hopefully won't be too often).

Faye and a fit Woodgate will be hard to break down!

Dunno, can see Woodgate breaking down 10mins into his first game.

weres the newsflash at??

At my dads house!

From an estate agent!

mackems.gif

---

It's a bit pricey for him, but it really would make our defensive squad a really quality one. Woodgate and Faye is potentiall brilliant, Beye is brilliant, and Enrique looks good. Then the likes of Caçapa and Taylor in reserve, and also the mighty Rampage, things look good.

They're desperate for consistency now, though. That has to happen.

And as someone said, they really need a new CM infront of them...

Dunno, can see Woodgate breaking down 10mins into his first game.

Don't jinx it man

If Toon Get Through - Woodgate Is NOT Cup-tied!

By Nu Mad Saturday, 26th January 2008

Newcastle new signing Jonathan Woodgate missed today's FA Cup tie with Mansfield, and as he also missed the 3rd round tie with Bristol City, he could play for Newcastle in the competition this season.

Article continues below

Woodgate played 37 matches for the Toon during his time at the club between 2002/2004.

He was tipped to be skipper of Newcastle after Alan Shearer, but he moved to Spain before Shearer retired.

So it does give Kevin Keegan another option as club captain.

The armband is with Michael Owen at the moment, but don't rule out Woodgate before the end of thev season.

Jonathan Woodgate's proposed transfer to Tottenham Hotspur went up in flames when the ex-Real Madrid defender snubbed the London side to join Newcastle United!

Article continues below

Woodgate failed to agree personal terms with Spurs, and after Boro initially turned down Newcastles's offer, Woodgate has been given permission to speak to the Magpies.

Woodgate had a brief, injury-blighted spell at Newcastle before his £13.4 million transfer to Real Madrid in 2004.

Middlesbrough didn't want their star player to move just up the road to Tyneside, but Woodgate wants to be part of the Keegan bandwagon that is sweeping Geordieland.

Keegan: "At the moment, he is one of a number of players we have talked about.

"I am not surprised others are interested. He is a great leader. He is 28 and I gave him his England debut and I know him well."

Newcastle have offered £7 million and the deal will go through this weekend as long as Woodgate passes a medical.

<< View Previous Article | Index  | View Next Article >> 

Newcastle new signing Jonathan Woodgate missed today's FA Cup tie with Mansfield, and as he also missed the 3rd round tie with Bristol City, he could play for Newcastle in the competition this season.

Article continues below

Woodgate played 37 matches for the Toon during his time at the club between 2002/2004.

He was tipped to be skipper of Newcastle after Alan Shearer, but he moved to Spain before Shearer retired.

The armband is with Michael Owen at the moment, but don't rule out Woodgate before the end of thev season.

Great news! He was injured! :lol:

Article continues below

Great news! He was injured! :lol:

I know! lol Doesn't bode well

Guest Brendan_Rice

weres the newsflash at??

;D

At my dads house!

From an estate agent!