Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

old news from skysports:

Jonathan Woodgate has explained that Gareth Southgate's presence at Middlesbrough was the key factor in his decision to move to Teesside.

The 26-year-old defender tied up a season-long loan move from Real Madrid last week, but he had several other options open to him.

Former club Newcastle were keen to bring him back to St James' Park but Woodgate has insisted that his mind was made up as soon as he listened to Southgate's vision for Boro.

"I spoke to Newcastle as well. I could have gone to other clubs in Spain but I just wanted to come back to the North East of England," he told the Sunday People.

"It's not a surprise to me that I am at Middlesbrough and not Newcastle. Middlesbrough are a big club, the manager is fantastic and the club is ambitious. We have just bought Robert Huth as well.

:crazy2:

What's your point?

That he rejected us. Not the other way around

old news from skysports:

Jonathan Woodgate has explained that Gareth Southgate's presence at Middlesbrough was the key factor in his decision to move to Teesside.

The 26-year-old defender tied up a season-long loan move from Real Madrid last week, but he had several other options open to him.

Former club Newcastle were keen to bring him back to St James' Park but Woodgate has insisted that his mind was made up as soon as he listened to Southgate's vision for Boro.

"I spoke to Newcastle as well. I could have gone to other clubs in Spain but I just wanted to come back to the North East of England," he told the Sunday People.

"It's not a surprise to me that I am at Middlesbrough and not Newcastle. Middlesbrough are a big club, the manager is fantastic and the club is ambitious. We have just bought Robert Huth as well.

What's your point?

Does anyone give a shiny shite like?

Guest The Libertine

If Woody stays fit we will have one of the best defences personell wise in the country;

Woodgate

Faye

Enrique

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Carr

numbers-wise, yes. ability-wise, questionable. we've looked as shit as ever at the back this season and the goals against stat is worse than a few teams lower than us.  serious work needs to be done in that area if we want to go up the league.

old news from skysports:

What's your point?

I think Shepherd and Roeder would have been more of a turn off than anything else to be honest.

Its ironic that one of the reasons for woodgate wanting to leave could be the lack of ambition, lack of fan attendance, the nasty support players do get when people turn up ala Downing. An Huth signed and disappeared on a roller coaster of injuries not exactly the picture was looking for when he signed.

old news from skysports:

What's your point?

Does anyone give a shiny shite like?

:lol: not really.

He turned down Roeder imo.

I thought Roeder wanted Huth and FS wanted Woody in the end we had no one.

If Woody stays fit we will have one of the best defences personell wise in the country;

Woodgate

Faye

Enrique

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Carr

numbers-wise, yes. ability-wise, questionable. we've looked as s*** as ever at the back this season and the goals against stat is worse than a few teams lower than us.  serious work needs to be done in that area if we want to go up the league.

Thats down to the tactics and inviting so much pressure on them

plus we havent had a settled back four

Woodgate

Faye

Enrique

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Carr

numbers-wise, yes. ability-wise, questionable. we've looked as s*** as ever at the back this season and the goals against stat is worse than a few teams lower than us.  serious work needs to be done in that area if we want to go up the league.

:thup:

Guest redmayne

woodgate fit would be awesome

i bet he didnt want to come back because of the dalek roeder and that fat pie eating twat

Guest The Libertine

Woodgate

Faye

Enrique

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Carr

we've conceded 5 more than bolton who are famed for their defensive football and who have shit defenders. more than boro too who are piss poor.

better defenders could handle the pressure of players attacking them. ours just seem to choke constantly and fuck up in every game.

If we sign Woodgate I would use Rozehnal primarily (sp?) as a defensive midfielder.

I wouldnt, Butt and Faye are good enough. Roz has been pretty poor so far and i'd happily move him on in the Summer.

Think Faye is our best centre back so I would rather he stayed there. I still have hope for Roz, he has been shaky but he looks to have a bit of talent too.

Shit, its Bramble! :D

Guest The Libertine

My dads phoned me to say there's been a news flash and he's signing for us on monday?

all the paper work should/will be done by then and we'll have ourselves an announcement  :coolsmiley:

Woodgate move gathers pace

Jan 26 2008 By Lee Ryder

NEWCASTLE UNITED moved closer to the signing of Jonathan Woodgate this afternoon after reports suggested that Kevin Keegan had a £7million bid accepted for the England defender.

Talks are believed to be at an advanced stage with personal terms expected to be thrashed out.

Tottenham Hotspur have also been in the hunt for the unsettled Woodgate but are thought to have pulled the plug on the move for the Middlesbrough man.

My dads phoned me to say there's been a news flash and he's signing for us on monday?

all the paper work should/will be done by then and we'll have ourselves an announcement  :coolsmiley:

Well at least we've got someone in at least!

Hope the fucker stays fit

Guest WalkervilleMag

Woodgate move gathers pace

Jan 26 2008 By Lee Ryder

NEWCASTLE UNITED moved closer to the signing of Jonathan Woodgate this afternoon after reports suggested that Kevin Keegan had a £7million bid accepted for the England defender.

Talks are believed to be at an advanced stage with personal terms expected to be thrashed out.

Tottenham Hotspur have also been in the hunt for the unsettled Woodgate but are thought to have pulled the plug on the move for the Middlesbrough man.

Really ?  Not Woodgate turning them down?  Southern Press writing their sh**e yet again :)