One year ago today...

Nicky

Guest Gemmill

We will be struggling to get out of the bottom four by then. Id call Trevor Brooking ahead of time.

Why don't you think

Luque --- Rossi

Nzogbia/Duff--------------------emre----------Parker----------Pattison

Babayaro------------------Bramble------------Ramage-------------Solano

--------------------------------Given

Can do enough to get us at the very least midtable ? If they can't then it's definatly the players fault as they are all of a good enough quality and have played enough Premiership football (bar 1) to get us there.

How about the changes I've made above.  Have you heard of injuries?  bluebigrazz.gif

We will be struggling to get out of the bottom four by then. Id call Trevor Brooking ahead of time.

Why don't you think

Luque --- Rossi

Can do enough to get us at the very least midtable ? If they can't then it's definatly the players fault as they are all of a good enough quality and have played enough Premiership football (bar 1) to get us there.

How about the changes I've made above.  Have you heard of injuries?  bluebigrazz.gif

No room for our last-minute star signing?

What a ******* mess.

Roeder an absolute jerk.

Promises not kept, and we now have a prat who can't get into Man City's side - who's agent lumbered us with Boumsong and Faye.

Says it all.

Sooner the takeover happens and get rid of fat twat and his dithering choice of manager thre better.

Sums up my feelings at the minute.

Why don't you think

Luque --- Rossi

Why have Pattinson on the right when you have both Duff and N'zogbia fit? ;)

Fucking relax lads!!

I'm not going to get into a debate about how good or shite Sibierski is. We all know (including Roeder) that he's not up there with the best to say the least. He could be a player to come in and mix it up a little, adding some experience and professionalism to the squad of players. He could be Zoggy's mentor, in that he's French, and could show him what professionals are like.

If he comes in, tries his arse off, and we benefit from his signing in any way, shape or form, then it wouldn't have been a bad thing. I'm sure he hasn't been signed to be in GR's first team plans. We know the kind of player GR wants to sign in Duff and Martins, and to be honest, I'm surprised we got them as they are both very very high calibre players. Don't forget, Duff only went to Chelsea a short while ago for 17 mill!! Martins was Inter's best and most exciting player recently.

All i'm saying is that **** it! he's here! Yes I'm greatly disappointed it wasn't someone better, but what if there are good things that can come out of it? He could get his chance say in an important semi-final, when we're really desperate, and being the good pro he is, will come in, and do a fantastic job for us as a stop-gap, and we go on to win the match. Remember when Man U signed that ancient Scottish keeper? (name escapes me!), and he played a fucking blinder on the one appearance he made?

Chill boys. Souness REALLY set us back to this with his over spending.

What are you lot going to do about this? Fucking stop supporting the club? No. So swallow it and move the **** on.

Wey i don't blame you for not acting like a little girl like half of these lot.

Listen i love my football, i also love coming on here and reading peoples views as well as giving my opinion. However, in the last couple of days i've seen some idiotic knee-jerk reactions by people. Siberski is a wank signing but our lives are not in danger so why don't people just grow up and stop swearing like immature little girls.

Newcastle United have a group of players most clubs would die for. There are few positions that need carefull attention that has not been seen to but we have a FAR better squad than last year and i'm delighted at the job roeder has done.

bluelaugh.gif I dare you to go around the forums of other Premiership clubs and offer them our defence in exchange for theirs. I dont think you would be getting many takers somehow.

To extend the debate further: would people have rather had the likes of Sutton, Hartson or Kanu for a season instead of Sibierski?

most definitely. Hartson was sold for 500k, Sutton a free (can also play central defence!). Wouldn't have been sure about Kanu to be fair but he's doing the business certainly now

See Chronicle web site

Roeder on Sib

"Sibierski is a versatile player as he can play in several positions and his best asset is that he is good in the air."

Everyone was moaning about the lack of height in our team, problem solved ;)

See Chronicle web site

Roeder on Sib

"Sibierski is a versatile player as he can play in several positions and his best asset is that he is good in the air."

Everyone was moaning about the lack of height in our team, problem solved ;)

You say it in jest. Roeder is serious.  blueeek.gif

Not to fussed about sibierski, as long as Ameobi, Martins and Rossi get in the team before he does.

I've had a thought...

Perhaps the real reason we've not spent on transfers is down to this propsed takeover by the Belgravia Group. Maybe Fat Freddy didn't want to dip in to the money because he's hoping the club will be bought out and he wanted a bigger profit from it rather than spending on new signings? Maybe this whole thing of loaning until January is because the club's looking like being taken over by then at which point it'll be Belgravia Group's money that is spent getting players in, not the current owners? I guess we can live in hope but it's going to be a bleak few months until then and we've lost no-end of ground and what little rep we had by letting all these smaller clubs overtake us - for now we truly are a small time, mediocre club, in the Prem to make up the numbers  bluesigh.gif

Thing is no one in their right mind would rather the club had a cash reserve ahead of players if they were buying it.

Why would the Belgravia group pay a premium to buy cash? Much better to buy asets such as players.

If there is a cash pot there and the takeover happens just watch for a big cash dividend being paid out on the back of the year end results.

I think Shepherd did it because of the takeover. That's why we were only buying someone if we sold Milner, so that Shepherd doesn't lose anymore money. I hope to god they do take over, end this Shepherd horror and we can do some proper legitimate buying in January

I think Shepherd did it because of the takeover. That's why we were only buying someone if we sold Milner, so that Shepherd doesn't lose anymore money. I hope to god they do take over, end this Shepherd horror and we can do some proper legitimate buying in January

I really "hope" there is a takeover, Shepherds popularity rating is at an all time low, the word incompetent springs to mind for the one-millionth time when describing our leader

I really "hope" there is a takeover, Shepherds popularity rating is at an all time low, the word incompetent springs to mind for the one-millionth time when describing our leader

It's always the same though isn't it. Right now people are talking about what a moron he is, yet last month they were hailing the signings of Duff and Martins.

It would be no suprise to me if we signed Bridge and another good player in january, then everyones saying what a wonderfull chairman he is.

It's always the same though isn't it. Right now people are talking about what a moron he is, yet last month they were hailing the signings of Duff and Martins.

It would be no suprise to me if we signed Bridge and another good player in january, then everyones saying what a wonderfull chairman he is.

The thing about Sheperd is he does come up with the dough so he is better than the liek of Doug Ellis but the way he conducts his business is applaing and he makes the club and NUFC look so stupid :(

He thinks NUFC are bigger than they are and that he can pull off all these last minute coup's but this time he looks like he fucked up bad and the fans won't thank him for it.

:clap:

I agree, Remember last year he was getting booed at the 1st game but after we got Luque,Owen and Solano his name was being chanted.

Its funny because the pundits always say Newcastle fans are the most forgiving.

I agree, Remember last year he was getting booed at the 1st game but after we got Luque,Owen and Solano his name was being chanted.

Forgiving or fickle?

There are very few Newcastle fans that i have met don't in some way change there opinion when the going gets tough. Just look at the way peoples opinion has changed of Roeder in the last few hours. Never mind days.

I for one am fully backing the manager and the talented players we have in the squad. We needed a couple more players and we haven't got them, boo hoo lets just crack on.

Forgiving or fickle?

There are very few Newcastle fans that i have met don't in some way change there opinion when the going gets tough. Just look at the way peoples opinion has changed of Roeder in the last few hours. Never mind days.

I for one am fully backing the manager and the talented players we have in the squad. We needed a couple more players and we haven't got them, boo hoo lets just crack on.

:lol: you said it not me  :winking:

It does make me laugh when they say it because i know what they realy wanna say but your right most fans are fickle in there own way, Ive been known to change my opinion from time to time.

Im backing the manager, Roeder has taken on a massive job after Souness left and people expected him to sort it all out this transfer window on little transfer money. The only thing im slightly disappointed about is the fact that we didnt streghten the full back areas, We got Bernard but that wasnt the player we all were hoping for.