Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 26/01/08 - post match reaction from page 20

James

God, apart from the last 10 minutes, that was like winding the clock back 10 years. Big Sam obviously doesn't understand that attack is the best form of defence. Given outstanding as usual. Wish we had the Owen of five years ago - we would have scored two.

Encouraging performance. Caçapa has looked classy, Duff dangerous, Carr competent, and Alan Smith has actually had a shot on goal. We deserved to convert one of those chances. Now let's see wether Keegan can get them to reproduce it in the second half.

We've been good so far, enjoyed watching us for once :) One thing I'd improve though at half time is to get smith and owen linking up a bit more, it'll become predictable if we are just using the wings all the time.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Fantastic save Seamus at the end there.

We deserve to be ahead.

His name is Shay Wullie you eijit!

Only got the match oon there but from what I seen Arsenal are passing it about well being patient with their play.  We have managed to contain them just about lets hope we do not crumble...

Such a good game, we're playing really well. I haven't seen us press a team like Arsenal, like we have done today, for ages - great to see. This one touch football that keeps cropping up is a bit tasty.

Centre-forwards are letting us down. Smith's doing alright but his role is never in a million years 'striker' - no attacking threat whatsoever, yet again. He should be called 'headerer'. Owen shouldn't have a name for a position really. Don't know how many games on the bounce he simply hasn't been in it (i'm not counting Stoke), and it's not just a coincidence anymore. He's slow and ineffective. Come home Oba.

Duff's doing really well, Milner's having a decent game too. We've been good on the wings but we need to sure up in centre-midfield. Zoggy is not the answer, he needs more time and he ain't getting it in the middle. Countless times Arsenal have come though the middle and they've got acres of space, is Butt even on the pitch?

Caçapa and Enrique have been good down the left hand side. Taylor's been shaky and Carr's done well.

Keegan at HT: Just go out there, lads, and bum them squarely in the face.

Is that even possible!?!? :lol:

The football equivalent of Tea-Bagging!

Don't know about you, but my arse and my face are on opposite sides of my body. ;)

Very good first half performance.

There have been four spells in this game - two all Newcastle, two all Arsenal.

Very surprised if no-one scores.

We have a chance.

Arsenal's are weakest at defending where we are strongest attacking (ie  Hoyte vs Duff)

Our attacks are more direct, Arsenal are more speculative. It will take individual brilliance to beat us  today, but Arsenal seem slightly short in confidence.

watching the game live here in Brasil.... been an awsome game so far

KK's only been in a week and already you can see the difference in the team

Am I being a sourpuss by suggesting N'Zoggy try to not show too much of the ball, and keep losing possession?

Not really.

Think he takes too long in possession to be at his best in the middle.

Better of putting him out wide where he can just go at people as he's not a playmaker by any means. Could potentially be a very good CM if we got a really class supporting striker who would drop deep and do the bulk of the playmaking, ala Bergkamp or someone in that mold. But those players are a wee bit tricky to find generally.

What a difference it makes when you've got a manager who tries to win a game, well done Keegan, you've given the players the confidence they've never had under Allardyce, we've at least matched Arsenal and have played some really good football.  We haven't had any player who isn't playing well so far, even Carr, Duff is playing as well as he's ever done for us.

Keep that up and we've every chance of at least bringing them back up here, with more luck we could have scored, excellent.

These players don’t look like the same knackers who were playing so negatively just a couple of weeks ago, they look like footballers.

We need to go about the second half the way we have the first.

Guest Sniffer

Fucking great.

We actually look like a team and we're playing football on the deck.

Cacapa is having a fine game at the back and we look good going down the wings.

Everybody is playing well today so far.